Let's all laugh at Leeds Part 1,123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you should say that.

Apparently that had six loan players in their squad for the Preston match.

You are only allowed 5.

Not quite sure on how they stand regards emergency loans and international loans though but their loan players in Friday's squad were:

Ankergren, Michalik, Gray, and Kishishev started. Stack and Johnson were both on the bench. That makes 6.

From last November:

Leeds could face disciplinary action from the FA after admitting they broke Football League rules by fielding six loan players at Burnley in November.
Graham Stack, Matt Heath, Ugo Ehiogu, Tresor Kandol and Geoff Horsfield all played as Leeds lost 2-1, while Tony Warner was an unused substitute.
League rules say the maximum number of loanees in a match-day squad is five. 'We will cooperate fully on this matter,' say Leeds, 'and explain the extenuating circumstances.'

well their extentuating circumstances last time didn't stop them being fined......would be interesting to see what is said about this......

Make sure you lodge a complaint with the FA. ;)

People were phoning up radio5 about it last night.......

Mentioned it on TFF last night and the Leeds fans on there aren't bothered, reckon nothing will happen to them cos nothing happened last time.......

They are probably right as well.....tossers.

i like the quote "he could have brought us"

brought them what? a manager thats not mick mccarthy, i'd be happy with that. anyone who thinks gary breen can play football is a total loon who looks like one of the muppets, beaker i think it is

funny thing is we tried to sign him at one point

i like the quote "he could have brought us"

brought them what? a manager thats not mick mccarthy, i'd be happy with that. anyone who thinks gary breen can play football is a total loon who looks like one of the muppets, beaker i think it is

beaker.jpg

Nothing will happen, "The rules state that you may have two goalkeepers on loan and the second keeper can be used above the 5 rule.
The rule says a club is allowed in extreme circumstances to take a goalkeeper on loan regardless if it infringes any of the rules regarding the number of players."

And they had no other fit goalkeepers, so I think they'll get away with it.

They got fined last time and they had two loan keepers.

In the first Instance they had a loan keeper in goal and one on the bench.

Added to that, you do not HAVE to have a keeper on the bench.

And there was no reason why they couldn't have named a youngster on the bench instead of a loanee.....

I bet if we did it we'd get 10 points deducted, £1/2 million fine and banned from cup competitions or sometihng..........

They got fined last time and they had two loan keepers.

In the first Instance they had a loan keeper in goal and one on the bench.

Added to that, you do not HAVE to have a keeper on the bench.

And there was no reason why they couldn't have named a youngster on the bench instead of a loanee.....

I bet if we did it we'd get 10 points deducted, £1/2 million fine and banned from cup competitions or sometihng..........

One of my mates is a Leeds fan and he reckons they'll be ok because they didn't have another fit goalkeeper?

Last time, they had another keeper available as far as I am aware. :102:

No, the six loan players last time included two loan goalkeepers in their match day squad.
And they tried to use that as their extenuating circumstances as to try and get out of it.

On TFF they are going on about international loans(which is what one of the keepers is) being different to 'normal' loans..... So they would be ok.....

As far as I'm concerned a loan player is a loan player. Shouldn't matter if it's a 3 month loan, an energency loan or an international loan.

They seem to deduct points from non-league clubs without any qualms though....

Nothing will happen, "The rules state that you may have two goalkeepers on loan and the second keeper can be used above the 5 rule.
The rule says a club is allowed in extreme circumstances to take a goalkeeper on loan regardless if it infringes any of the rules regarding the number of players."

And they had no other fit goalkeepers, so I think they'll get away with it.

Well considering Sullivan is on loan at Doncaster and played today. They are violating the law.

Wasn't the punishment last time 2k plus a suspended fee of 1k. Saying that they scored points this time.

The authorities have been consistent of late on these rulings

Accrington Stanley were only fined for the use of ineligble players

and

AFC Wimbledon's deduction was taken down to 3 points.

You could do what they did in Poland with match-fixing Arka Gydnia, suspend them from playing from a month as opposed to deducting them points.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'm tempted to email the FA about this.. such is my hatred for Leeds. Has anyone already done it? :lol: not that it will make the blindest bit of difference but still..

One of my mates is a Leeds fan and he reckons they'll be ok because they didn't have another fit goalkeeper?

Last time, they had another keeper available as far as I am aware. :102:

so fudge, they must have a youth team. why can keepers be seen as an exception?

more likely they will be ok because they are leeds, and for some reason the FA loves a bunch of racist arsehole fans and their club despite making such an example of our fans at national games for similar wrong doings

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710