Let's all laugh at Leeds Part 1,123

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 points deducted for next season. Lovely stuff. Made my weekend!:038:

What made my weekend was that I was actually at a wedding with a Leeds fan when I heard about this.

Ken Bates once called MON ''a cretin'' after cheating us out of a FA Cup Replay thanks to Erland Johnsen dive.

Dennis Wise tried to sue us for loss of our earnings and wrongful dismissful when we dismissed him after assualting a fellow player on a pre-season tour. At the time, we were approaching admin.

Thanks.

i've got a couple of crates in........don't think it will last long at all. counting in elephants it would still compare to 'one crate of beer, two crates of beer......"

from BBC gossip

Leeds fans have written to every League club pleading with them to back Ken Bates' appeal against their 15-point penalty. (The Sun)

I can imagine the chairmans reaction when he receives this letter!

I bet Mr Bates wishes he had listened to the old saying of be careful of who you shit on, on the way up…..

or the old fitz saying of "if you're a **** and own a football club supported by ****s then you deserve everything that's thrown at you"

Looks good hey .... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Coca-Cola Football League One Table

1 Bournemouth 0 0 0
2 Brighton 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Bristol Rovers 0 0 0
4 Carlisle 0 0 0
5 Cheltenham 0 0 0
6 Crewe 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Doncaster 0 0 0
8 Gillingham 0 0 0
9 Hartlepool 0 0 0
10 Huddersfield 0 0 0
11 Leyton Orient 0 0 0
12 Luton 0 0 0
13 Millwall 0 0 0
14 Northampton 0 0 0
15 Nottm Forest 0 0 0
16 Oldham 0 0 0
17 Port Vale 0 0 0
18 Southend 0 0 0
19 Swansea 0 0 0
20 Swindon 0 0 0

21 Tranmere 0 0 0
22 Walsall 0 0 0
23 Yeovil 0 0 0
24 Leeds 0 0 -15

:081::081: apparently their appeal is happening now and bates has threatened to pull out of the league cup in protest and has also said that the fans are suffering and its not fair on them that they start on -15 points..shame he didnt have the fans interests at heart :icon_roll

oh and if it doesnt go leeds way they might take the league or whoever to the high court

Leeds have lost their appeal :)

No they have.

From BBC:

Leeds lose points penalty appeal

Bates is unhappy with the 15-point deduction
Leeds have lost their appeal against their 15-point deduction for an alleged breach of the Football League's insolvency policy on Thursday.
The chairmen of the other 71 Football League clubs voted "overwhelmingly" to sanction the club and then again to uphold the original punishment.

In both cases, the outcome was higher than a 75% majority vote.

Leeds supremo Ken Bates had insisted his club had not broken any rules but he must now accept the decision.

Bates had sent a letter to all Football league chairmen, arguing argued in his letter that the punishment was a "breach of natural justice".

It was imposed on 4 August, the same day that Leeds were granted their 'golden share' that allowed them to compete in the Football League this coming season.

The share had been suspended when Leeds went into administration at the end of last season, a decision that automatically incurred a 10-point penalty and thus sealed their relegation from the Championship.

The League want clubs coming out of administration to do so via a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) with football creditors paid in full.

Leeds' creditors originally opted for the club to be sold back to Bates via a CVA.

But HM Revenue & Customs, unhappy at the plans of Bates to pull the club out of administration by paying creditors only eight pence in every £1, mounted a legal challenge.

The matter went to a High Court hearing in Leeds. Preliminary hearings were held on 6 July with a date set for the full case to be heard in September - sparking fears the club might not start the season.

Administrators KPMG subsequently put the club up for sale.

Bates then bought the club back off KPMG in a deal that could eventually be worth more than 50p in every £1 for creditors.

But the purchase meant that the club had not come out of administration via a CVA - with the League imposing their subsequent 15-point penalty for the breach of policy.

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney has written to all the chairmen of the 71 clubs outlining the consequences of not upholding the penalty against Leeds.

A League statement after the penalty was imposed said: "It is acknowledged the club did go into administration and has been unable to comply with the terms of the League's well-established insolvency policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669