Lineker v The BBC

He’s not said that at all - that is what the Tory party and the Daily Mail are saying that he has said, and apparently what thick ****wits like you think is what is happening

What he did say is that the LANGUAGE being used about the boats and illegal immigrants (invasion and vilification of nationalities e.g. Albanians etc.) is akin to the LANGUAGE being used in Germany in the 30s about other races and nationalities - which of course it is
Okay so what you are saying is that if people enter the country illegally they have every right to walk in do we remove customs now? I may of course be wrong here and I am happy to be swayed are you stating that all borders should be open across the world and if any country states the opposite they are speaking the rhetoric of Nazi party?

I am all for Gary having the ability to state his point it is democracy after all however, he can not bring his employer into conflict that does not apply to just Lineker but all of us. Oh an Homer please do me a favour stop shouting and swearing at me it does not look good.

Okay so what you are saying is that if people enter the country illegally they have every right to walk in do we remove customs now? I may of course be wrong here and I am happy to be swayed are you stating that all borders should be open across the world and if any country states the opposite they are speaking the rhetoric of Nazi party?

I am all for Gary having the ability to state his point it is democracy after all however, he can not bring his employer into conflict that does not apply to just Lineker but all of us. Oh an Homer please do me a favour stop shouting and swearing at me it does not look good.
That is not what is being said.
Braverman is using words like “invasion”. That is the problem here.

These are often desperate people whether by economic desperation or war, and Braverman’s terminology is demonising them in a tactic similar to 30’s Germany.

As a country our compassion for others is at an all time low even thought we have relied in immigrants to succeed in the last few decades.

And this government knows it. All the rhetoric that every migrant is a seasoned criminal is complete bollocks.

What the **** are you on about?

Nobody has said that, or anything even remotely like that and no one is even having that debate in respect of Gary Lineker FFS

I‘ve told you exactly what Lineker has said, and the relatively simple point he was making - everything else you have either read in the Daily Mail or making up in your own head

If you are genuinely too stupid to understand what is happening here then I suggest you stay out of the conversation. You’re embarrassing yourself

Nobody has said that, or anything even remotely like that and no one is even having that debate in respect of Gary Lineker FFS

I‘ve told you exactly what Lineker has said, and the relatively simple point he was making - everything else you have either read in the Daily Mail or making up in your own head

If you are genuinely too stupid to understand what is happening here then I suggest you stay out of the conversation. You’re embarrassing yourself
Calm down homer, he was just asking. You need alex to give you a hug.

Homer I am not wishing to inflame things further I do not however think you would be talking like this if you were infront of me.

Lineker is using the exact same weaponisation of Language as Braverman. Braverman uses the phrase "Invasion" ( extremely poor imo) Lineker counters this by using possibly the most heinous example anyone in the west can use " Nazis". both are unhelpful and on this occasion has landed him in hot water.

he can not virtue signal and scream about migrants crossing the chanel in boats and yet go to Qatar and be paid huge sums of money by a country that persecuted migrants ( temoved their passports and rights ) who in some cases lost their lives building infrastructure.

Lineker was happy to take a kings ransom for this and is happy to use his platform in this case the BBC ( impartiality issues) to project his virtue signalling the two are diametrically opposed and he is a hypocrite.

Did Lineker say "Nazis"? I thought he referenced 1930's Germany.

Nope, of course he didn’t say that

And he was only referring to the language being used, but the blithering idiot just doesn’t get it

See this is why I told him to **** off. This pretence of civil discussion is a tactic to make everyone else seem unreasonable when people react badly to infinite stupid questions they already know the answer to, then they can play the victim. You could patiently explain for days, weeks on end and he would learn exactly the same amount. Just telling them to **** off gets you to the same place much quicker.

Yeah I know - you simply can’t argue with idiot, and that’s that

For that reason, I’m out

See this is why I told him to **** off. This pretence of civil discussion is a tactic to make everyone else seem unreasonable when people react badly to infinite stupid questions they already know the answer to, then they can play the victim. You could patiently explain for days, weeks on end and he would learn exactly the same amount. Just telling them to **** off gets you to the same place much quicker.
is your patience telling someone to **** off? Telling someone to **** off is unreasonable, I am not playing the victim I put forward a point of view which was obviously counter to yours, your immediate response was to hurl pejoratives.

I think we can agree that however arguably/demonstrably correct 'language that is not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s' may or may not be, it is certainly a statement that would provoke and inevitably lead many to thoughts of Nazis & the holocaust. Lineker was naive if he thought that wouldn't happen, so for that reason alone it probably wasn't the wisest of analogies to use. That said, I'd defend his right to use it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663