Lineker v The BBC

Again, they will say whatever they like for the purpose of propaganda.
You haven't missed my point then.

Do you think they’re likely to report of on a high profile, well like celebrity criticising their own government?
Do you think they're not likely to?

By the time anything is regurgitated to the Russian people it will be unrecognisable from what was originally said anyway.
You definitely haven't missed my point.

Fair play for coming up with a new and quite daft take on the story though.
Thank you for your summary dismissal.

If Putin is prepared to take what Linekar said, add in the word ‘Nazi’
But he's not the only one to do it, is he? Let's just hope he spells the name correctly.

I’m mentally prepared for the Tories to blame the next Russian atrocity on Gary Linekar now I guess.
Now there's a possibility that I hadn't thought of.

I do stand by my concern though.

For what it’s worth I apologise to Boc for saying his opinion is daft. Sorry mate.
Accepted. In this forum of hyperbole it wasn't entirely unexpected.

Accepted. In this forum of hyperbole it wasn't entirely unexpected.
To be honest I catch myself sometimes, during all this culture war nonsense and think ‘shut the **** up, Ted’

All it does is just do their bidding for them. Divide and conquer and all that.

Sorry if I’ve called anyone a ****, deserved or not. Time to knock it on the head for a bit, it’s bad for the old noggin.

Russian state media was reporting last week that Brits are eating squirrels because of the cost of living. I think they’ll do, say and interpret what they like.
I had a squirrel pie at a fancy farmer's market recently. The taste of rabbit with the texture of chicken. Would definitely eat again

That’s one I got right

Define the “correct manner” please?

If only I’d included some clues in the words, eh?
1. If you think blokes in frocks seeking entry into women's toilets/ changing rooms etc is ok then your hard drives should be checked by the relevant authorities.
2. I'm sure HM Government will supply the necessary information but I doubt if hiding in/under lorries or by dinghy is one of them.
3. Yep. If you want an answer you'd best explain yourself better.

At least he'll be happy that he doesn't have to watch that Ian Wright this evening....
I gauge the measure of a person by his words and his actions not by his colour or creed.
However, when I see boatloads of foreign (black before someone butts in) males arriving illegally with no paperwork, I believe I have every reason to be dubious of their intentions.

1. If you think blokes in frocks seeking entry into women's toilets/ changing rooms etc is ok then your hard drives should be checked by the relevant authorities.
2. I'm sure HM Government will supply the necessary information but I doubt if hiding in/under lorries or by dinghy is one of them.
3. Yep. If you want an answer you'd best explain yourself better.
1. That’s not a thing
2. No, they won’t, that’s kind of the point of this whole shitshow
3. **** off

The gammon will be tuning in and saying it's better.
Ooooooh he said the word gammon..... ( Cue obligatory insult).

Why do you need commentary when you can see what's happening.
Why do you need pundits analysing the very same game you've just watched.

Not sure if it's better but you can relax now St Gary is back on Saturday night.

I gauge the measure of a person by his words and his actions not by his colour or creed.
However, when I see boatloads of foreign (black before someone butts in) males arriving illegally with no paperwork, I believe I have every reason to be dubious of their intentions.
You surely aren't being serious, are you?

You surely aren't being serious, are you?
OK. According your lot I'm just *insert relative insult* so here's the deal. You are totally against my viewpoint on the dinghy people so why do you think these numerous people have bypassed numerous safe countries to arrive on our shores with no paperwork?

Go on. Educate me.

Ooooooh he said the word gammon..... ( Cue obligatory insult).

Why do you need commentary when you can see what's happening.
Why do you need pundits analysing the very same game you've just watched.

Not sure if it's better but you can relax now St Gary is back on Saturday night.
The commentary can be important, even when it is annoying.

The pundits are there to debate the salient points from the game, without this it is just a replay with no 'insight' or question.

This has zero to do with match of the day, it is about freedom of speech, and surely even you would expect a fairly partisan group on a LCFC forum? If he had said something abhorrent, the reaction would have been the same level but in animosity rather than in support of him.

What he said is correct, and he is supported by a large majority of even-minded people whether LCFC supporters or other people including his colleagues.

OK. According your lot I'm just *insert relative insult* so here's the deal. You are totally against my viewpoint on the dinghy people so why do you think these numerous people have bypassed numerous safe countries to arrive on our shores with no paperwork?

Go on. Educate me.
You need to re-read your sentence again, and pick out of it at least two parts that are either racist or just plain wrong.

If you can't see that then we are all wasting our time.

The commentary can be important, even when it is annoying.

The pundits are there to debate the salient points from the game, without this it is just a replay with no 'insight' or question.

This has zero to do with match of the day, it is about freedom of speech, and surely even you would expect a fairly partisan group on a LCFC forum? If he had said something abhorrent, the reaction would have been the same level but in animosity rather than in support of him.

What he said is correct, and he is supported by a large majority of even-minded people whether LCFC supporters or other people including his colleagues.
Thanks for the polite reply.

Of course I expected a partisan closing of ranks but not single nay sayer?

You don't think comparing someone to Nazis is abhorrent? Really?

He knew exactly what he was doing

You know, what concerns me most about the world I’m leaving for my children is the increasing lack of empathy shown by people.

I’d imagine if you are someone who has to take the incredible risks of that journey you must be in a desperate situation.

Sometimes complicated things are quite simple.

I’m not getting into a dead-end debate with someone whose vocabulary includes the phrase “blokes in frocks”. Crawl back into your cave you hollow-skulled shitcunt
Wow! So many insults in such a short post, well done.

Attachments

• 20230122_170737.jpg
    20230122_170737.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 13

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673