Loan Watch 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there some kind of disagreement between Benkovic and the Bristol manager? Something is jangling in my memory anyway. I think he played the first few matches and then ****ed something up, I don't recall what the circumstances were. Anyways, what I'm saying is that it might be a personality clash, or tactical thing. It's not necessarily that Benko is shit. But then, of course, he might be. Celtic fans rated him, that much I do know. And Celtic would dick Bristol shirely? The SPL can't be that poor.

its not necessarily about how good they are its about whether or not we knew he'd be first choice or not, Derby for example wanted him and he would have been first choice there, did we make the decision based on football or on the finances they were going to pay us?
How in the world of ****ity horse bollock can you know that at all?! You've absolutely no clue whatsoever whether he'd have been first choice or left on the bench. I'm guessing neither of your balls are crystal so if you could avoid post your guesses as fact, that'd be great. If he can't get into the Bristol City side, a team who are twelfth in the league, the chances of him getting into a Derby team currently 7th, 5 points ahead of Bristol City and a point outside the playoffs is probably quite slim.

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City, subbed on in the 70th minute in 0-1 defeat against Cardiff (Championship)

- Total Appearances: 6

- Total Goals: 1

Andy King - Huddersfield Town, unused sub in 0-0 draw at Preston (Championship)

- Total Appearances: 10

- Total Goals: 0

Kamal Sowah - OH Leuven, (Belgian First division B)

- Total Appearances: 28

- Total Goals: 5

Promotion second leg to be played on 2nd August

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, subbed off in 75th minute of 1-3 defeat against Sassuolo (Serie A)

- Total Appearances: 14

the Bristol City manager has been sacked, given their position at the end of January and now its no surprise

They fell away badly last season and they made a big thing about sticking with him while pointing out they had a smaller squad than others in that position. Given everything that's going on I don't really see the logic of making a change at all. Still, it might give Fil a chance for more game time.

They fell away badly last season and they made a big thing about sticking with him while pointing out they had a smaller squad than others in that position. Given everything that's going on I don't really see the logic of making a change at all. Still, it might give Fil a chance for more game time.
They fall away every year and the owner is probably sick of collapsing like that

Yeah reading about Johnson, he seems to be a very on - off form manager.

I'm sure I read he lead them to 8 defeats in a row, their most consecutive ever, but then won the next 9 games in a row and sounds like the majority of his tenure was like that.

Be interesting to see if Benkovic gets more of a chance now though.

Yeah reading about Johnson, he seems to be a very on - off form manager.

I'm sure I read he lead them to 8 defeats in a row, their most consecutive ever, but then won the next 9 games in a row and sounds like the majority of his tenure was like that.

Be interesting to see if Benkovic gets more of a chance now though.
Benkovic is starting for them tonight.

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City, 90 minutes in 2-1 win against Hull (Championship)

- Total Appearances: 7

Andy King - Huddersfield Town, subbed off in the 90th minute of 0-0 draw at P
Reading (Championship)

- Total Appearances: 11

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, unused sub in 1-2 win at Palma (Serie A)

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City, 90 minutes in 1-3 win at Middlesbrough (Championship)

- Total Appearances: 8

Andy King - Huddersfield Town, subbed on in the 65th minute of 0-2 defeat against Luton (Championship)

- Total Appearances: 12

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, no involvement in 1-1 draw against Verona (Serie A)

Benko just curled in a beaut from the edge of the area!

Andy King was a starter for Huddersfield last night as they more or less secured Championship Football for next season after flirting with potential relegation again.

Of course in the process quite ironic that they handed their hated near neighbours Leeds United a place back in the Premier League after 16 years away.

Filip Benkovic - Bristol City, 90 minutes and a goal in 1-1 draw against Stoke & no involvement in 1-0 defeat against Swansea (both Championship)

- Total Appearances: 9

- Total Goals: 2

Andy King - Huddersfield Town, unused sub in 0-0 draw at Sheffield Wednesday & 71 minutes in 2-1 win against West Brom (both Championship)

- Total Appearances: 13

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, 90 minutes and a goal in 1-3 win at Lecce & 68 minutes in 2-0 win against Torino (both Serie A)

- Total Appearances: 16

French papers report 2 Ligue 1 clubs (Marseille and Lille) interested in Slimani. Perhaps they need a new car park attendant? Also, Sporting Lisbon supposedly interested, and Monaco in keeping him. His agent's been busy.

Yours for a couple of blackjacks?

French papers report 2 Ligue 1 clubs (Marseille and Lille) interested in Slimani. Perhaps they need a new car park attendant? Also, Sporting Lisbon supposedly interested, and Monaco in keeping him. His agent's been busy.

Yours for a couple of blackjacks?

Well with 9 goals in 19 appearances this season, he really isn't as shit as most make out on here.

Just think where we would be with another 9 goals this season......

Well with 9 goals in 19 appearances this season, he really isn't as shit as most make out on here.

Just think where we would be with another 9 goals this season......

And now begins the usual "yeh but the French league is worse than the Hobby Horse staff 5 a side league" and "my nan could score 9 in France with her left tit alone" talk....

Slimani may not be suited to our play, but he's also never really had a proper chance here. I'd give him an opportunity but only if BR is willing to have a plan b way of playing - if not then get rid. And if he's just gonna go on loan until his contract expires we might as well keep him and see how BR can work with him.. He's tall, strong and aggressive. Not the best but certainly not the worst.

I can think of far worse strikers than Slimani. The fact that he cost a ridiculous amount of money is the major problem and that wasn't his fault. I remember seeing him play very well on a number of occasions.

I think he's a very decent plan B but I get the feeling he's a complete arsehole who nobody likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263