Local Football/Non-League Thread 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

The problem is tomorrow's game is at home, where they've been rubbish recently. Only one win in the last 10 games. Their away form during the same period would have put them right at the top of the table.

Indeed. That single home win in their last ten was probably the last one I went to, which was the 4-0 victory over Eastwood Town. I'm hoping that Blyth's record means that they will be nearly as bad as Eastwood were that day in which case Hinckley shouldn't have too much to worry about.

This live commentary thing can also be found on Hinckley United's forum in a thread normally named 'matchday commentary' or something similar. They could probably do with whatever miniscule amount of advertising revenue they'd receive from any hits so it might be worth looking in there. The website can be found here: http://www.hinckleyunitedfc.co.uk/index.html

Please excuse the advertising - the site has nothing at all to do with me, I can assure you!

The last one was 4-2 against Workington.

I went to their away match at Workington and they were poor that day.

Ah yes, I do recall now. Workington went down to nine men, I think. They're another of the sides in trouble. The league table really is amazing to look at with just two remaining.

Last edited:

Hinckley were terrible today and deserved their 1-3 defeat. Third bottom with a game to go. If today's game is anything to go by they'll be going down.

Hinckley were terrible today and deserved their 1-3 defeat. Third bottom with a game to go. If today's game is anything to go by they'll be going down.

Did many smackheads travel down for the game?

My non-league interest ended today as the Heed surrendered pathetically at Bath, 3-0 down after 13 minutes against that shite.

A good number of Blyth fans were there but the presence of a "Coventry Spartans" flag would suggest that a local supporters club branch or similar helped with the numbers. There were definitely some from up north though as they hitched a lift on the team bus. Fair play to them, really. Already relegated and still willing to travel that distance.

A good number of Blyth fans were there but the presence of a "Coventry Spartans" flag would suggest that a local supporters club branch or similar helped with the numbers. There were definitely some from up north though as they hitched a lift on the team bus. Fair play to them, really. Already relegated and still willing to travel that distance.

Aye, I'm sure quite a few people from Northumberland relocated to the midlands for work due to coal. They've got fairly decent support for a shit team but it's probably just an excuse to get away from Blyth for a bit.

Aye, I'm sure quite a few people from Northumberland relocated to the midlands for work due to coal. They've got fairly decent support for a shit team but it's probably just an excuse to get away from Blyth for a bit.

I'd invented an image in my mind of Blyth as a pleasant but weathered coastal town. I was a mile off, wasn't I?

Last edited:

I'd invented an image in my mind of Blyth as a pleasant but weathered coastal town. I was a mile off, wasn't I?

It's very diverse. For such a small place to have such a variation of class is odd. Parts of it I could only dream of living in and it'd take a lottery win, other parts you'd need to hand me a lottery win to set foot in it. The bad parts are particularly bad though and smack does good business.

Hinckley were relegated from the Conference North today after a 2-4 defeat at Stalybridge. They may well end up being reprieved if the financial situations at clubs such as Darlington, Kettering, Corby and Histon prove too much for those clubs to survive at this level but for now it's time to plan for the Southern League Premier Division and a local derby with Barwell.

The Southern League looks the more likely. I suspect they will end up remaining where they are due financial struggles elsewhere but I don't think relegation need be disastrous. If they end up in the Southern League the travelling times/costs will be reduced and I don't see attendances dropping far below the existing core of about 450. It might just be an opportunity to stabilise the club financially after a few dodgy years on that front.

_55342216_still466.jpg

Today Mansfield, tomorrow MK Dons, then the World......

... then the local nick in York!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17936442

With a grand total of 74 season tickets sold, club ownership still not transferred and yet more historical debt being unearthed it looks like being an interesting summer for Kettering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669