Local Football/Non-League Thread 2011-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

****ing Kettering bastards, I decide to bet the other team for the 1st ****ing time and they do me out of £75.

****ing Kettering bastards, I decide to bet the other team for the 1st ****ing time and they do me out of £75.

It's not looking likely that you'll have a chance to do that again. Pitch was already solid as I laid the covers down yesterday and fans need to produce £35,000 by Monday - and that still leaves Ladak in charge.

An 11th hour payment due to advanced monies from sponsors, a rumoured takeover by George Rolls - only for Ladak to fail to pay the police.

Cops refusing to police Saturday's match means if the weather is OK it will be behind closed doors...leaving the players unpaid for one further month.

"The Kettering Town (Poppies) Supporters Trust now fears that Kettering Town Football Club is all but dead""

Ladak has pissed off anybody who'd otherwise try to help - and when only 13 turn up to clear the pitch (of which one was a Celtic supporter and the other was me) it just goes to show the rampant apathy in the support too.

Wrexham and Darlington fought for their clubs, raised tens of thousands and moved forward - Poppies fans just don't seem to give a stuff.

Kettering friendly raises £6,000

Well done Coventry City :038::038::038:

A fundraising match between Kettering and Coventry has raised over £6,000 for the Blue Square Bet Premier club.
The money will go to the players, who had not received their full wages for two months, and to pay for the club's the trip to Barrow on Saturday.

Oh, and the current debt is around £400,000 of which Rolls has already said he can't pay off if he buys the club.

[video=youtube_share;UTvsKUhxGWg]http://youtu.be/UTvsKUhxGWg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;UTvsKUhxGWg]http://youtu.be/UTvsKUhxGWg[/video]

I don't think you've posted the link correctly Mawsley. I can see there's meant to a YouTube link when I quote you, but I can't see anything in your post.

Nice gesture by Cambridge United manager

It was the second gesture made by the club this season, after the entire squad joined the fans' supporters trust, Cambridge Fans United, in February at George's request.

If Nigel forced the City players to do that the Foxes Trust numbers would benefit.

Last edited:

Hinckley have a very big game tomorrow. They're a point above the drop zone in a very tightly packed league. Their opponents are Blyth Spartans who are already down so it's a fantastic opportunity for them to keep themselves in the Conference North. If they do end up going down they might well find themselves playing Barwell next season. I'll be at tomorrow's match. It's always a good experience - a nice antidote to the KP.

Hinckley have a very big game tomorrow. They're a point above the drop zone in a very tightly packed league. Their opponents are Blyth Spartans who are already down so it's a fantastic opportunity for them to keep themselves in the Conference North. If they do end up going down they might well find themselves playing Barwell next season. I'll be at tomorrow's match. It's always a good experience - a nice antidote to the KP.

Out of interest, how much to get in?
cheers

Out of interest, how much to get in?
cheers

It's a tenner for adults, £7 for students/OAPs and nothing for under 16s. Add £2 to each of those prices (including the under 16 freebie) if you want to sit. I think it's a couple of quid to park but I'm within walking distance so can't say for sure.

Hinckley have a very big game tomorrow. They're a point above the drop zone in a very tightly packed league.

With two games left there are still around 10 teams that could take the final relegation place. I've been watching the table and results for a few weeks, and all the teams fighting to stay out of the final relegation place have been picking up points.

http://www.bluesqnorth.com/tables/0,20984,,00.html

Their opponents are Blyth Spartans who are already down so it's a fantastic opportunity for them to keep themselves in the Conference North.

The problem is tomorrow's game is at home, where they've been rubbish recently. Only one win in the last 10 games. Their away form during the same period would have put them right at the top of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669