MA to get the AXE this week!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A much more heartening report. Good to see. As you may know from posts elsewhere the NoW story unnerved me as it said 'a source close to MM said MA would be dismissed this week' and when journalist use that phrase 'a source close to...' it always means the person him/herself. Every journalist and editor in the land knows this and follows this convention. Still, I am cheered by Alex's post.

the NoW story unnerved me as it said 'a source close to MM said MA would be dismissed this week' and when journalist use that phrase 'a source close to...' it always means the person him/herself. Every journalist and editor in the land knows this and follows this convention.

Repeat something often enough and people will believe it eh Consty?! I still think that although your POV is sometimes true it still stands that sometimes the source is 'close to' because the journo is writing bollox.

Repeat something often enough and people will believe it eh Consty?! I still think that although your POV is sometimes true it still stands that sometimes the source is 'close to' because the journo is writing bollox.

spion... I can see what you're getting at, but I'm not trying to get people to believe that a sacking is certain just two things 1) that it looks a bit more serious than idle speculation 2) I hope it isn't true!!!
cheers,

spion... I can see what you're getting at, but I'm not trying to get people to believe that a sacking is certain

In case I didn't make myself clear I was referring to your repeating of the bit about 'sources close to' equalling Milan Mandaric himself.

Sorry for any confusion :biggrin:

A much more heartening report. Good to see. As you may know from posts elsewhere the NoW story unnerved me as it said 'a source close to MM said MA would be dismissed this week' and when journalist use that phrase 'a source close to...' it always means the person him/herself. Every journalist and editor in the land knows this and follows this convention. Still, I am cheered by Alex's post.

Oh stop it. 'a source close to' means 'we ain't got a clue, but we're cobbling stuff together, and a guy in the pub who's a first cousin of the student who sells balti Pukkas in the Walkers said, after we bought him eight pints of vodka at Revolution....'
Get real.

I think for the most part that phrase is total bollocks. But I know that sometimes it means that the source cannot or doesn't want to be named for whatever reason because it could look rather bad if they're seen talking to the press or giving away information.

I'll be honest in that I've used the phrase "a source close to..." in articles I've written before about certain things. And, it was because the person giving me the inside information didn't want to be named. They were also credible and not the third cousin of someone's window cleaner.

Last edited:
A few things that make me think it's rubbish are the fact people say MM wants a yes man, he wants to impose his signings on them etc.

Well if that's the case why on earth would the 3 front runners for the job be Warnock, Ince and Allen. Probably 3 managers you would pick out for being outspoken and not being a yes man.

Also if Allen not wanting JFH was such a big thing, he could have just got the guy in above Allens head. He didn't though, he let Allen choose. Is that really the actions of a man with his finger on the trigger? If he thought Allen was off he'd have got JFH in regardless.

As for the stuff about a rival bid and loads of internal problems, well this just stinks of sour grapes from certain individuals who had their nose put out of joint during the takeover. I wouldn't put it past them to be the ones causing all the problems and media speculation... they did the same thing while the takeover was going on!!!

They know full well that info gets relayed onto these boards and what effect it can have, a few little nuggets of disinformation and hey presto we have wide spread panic about the manager, MM and a takeover.

Cheers Babs, I've been hoping somebody would write that, I couldn't be bothered. About sums it up for me too.

As for the stuff about a rival bid and loads of internal problems, well this just stinks of sour grapes from certain individuals who had their nose put out of joint during the takeover. I wouldn't put it past them to be the ones causing all the problems and media speculation... they did the same thing while the takeover was going on!!!

My feelings exactly, Babs

All this talk of 'the way Mandaric conducts business' etc. - sounds precisely like it's coming from those tossers who opposed him in the first place. Where the feck were they nine months ago ?

Well we all knew we were getting an eccentric PR-loving power mad egomaniac. But most of us wanted him all the same, warts and all

Fact is this club was dying on its arse - and this man might just have breathed some life into it. We all knew it was a gamble, but it's a price most of us were prepared to pay (in our pockets as well as in the metaphorical sense)

If there are casualties on the way, then tough titty

WARNING......WARNING.....WARNING

This is now a restricted zone. Anyone who has read the last 3-4 posts please STAY AWAY from the remainder of the site: a serious case of rationality has broken out.

WARNING......WARNING.....WARNING

This is now a restricted zone. Anyone who has read the last 3-4 posts please STAY AWAY from the remainder of the site: a serious case of rationality has broken out.

...and hurrah for that, about time too.

the thing thats worrying tho is ma has come out and said he loves the players, he loves his job , he loves the staff, he loves the fans etc. sounds like a man seriously trying to get a lot of people on his side should he get the push.he hasnt come out and said he loves mm and i think mm will get pissed off with all this lovey dovey behaviour.

mm still hasnt come out with a statement and backed ma.

im still mixed on this one, on one hand a manager should get some time to prove his worth but on the other if i had just plowed a lot of money into a club and lined up a couple of high profile targets for the manager to f£ck it up, i would be seething.im still pissed off as regards how he treated jfh (sorry yorkshire vixen :icon_wink )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00