Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see if Gray's next 5 years are better than Mahrez last 5 years. Clearly Gray is streets ahead of Mahrez at a comparable age. How anyone can compare the poty with a first year player astounds me.
Gray reminds mer of a better version of Loyd Dyer with the same problem the cross at the end is lacking. Do not get me wrong he is a good talent but is not in the same league as Mahrez at this moment in time will he get better time will tell it is down to him.
Would I prefer Mahrez or Gray? at the present it is not a contest Mahrez wins the argument everytime

Gray reminds mer of a better version of Loyd Dyer with the same problem the cross at the end is lacking. Do not get me wrong he is a good talent but is not in the same league as Mahrez at this moment in time will he get better time will tell it is down to him.
Would I prefer Mahrez or Gray? at the present it is not a contest Mahrez wins the argument everytime
based on the season just gone Gray wins everytime because that Mahrez is a waste of a shirt and playing with 10 men

They do swap almost every game. Perhaps it confuses Mahrez too much.

That's nonsense. I watch this closely because I think it's an excellent demonstration of managerial intelligence. Ranieri got lazy with it. Shakespeare did it for the first two games he managed and not at all after that.

For me, when Slimani plays, the wide players should be on their 'right' sides and when Vardy plays, they should be more flexible. But whenever teams clearly have a plan for Mahrez, the obvious thing to do is move him around. We so rarely did this and that's one of the reasons why I didn't blame Mahrez for his anonymous performances.

based on the season just gone Gray wins everytime because that Mahrez is a waste of a shirt and playing with 10 men

Results from last season (Premier League games only):

Goals and Assists: Mahrez - one every 314 mins. Gray - one every 266 mins.
Total Shots: Mahrez - one every 38 mins. Gray - one every 39 mins.
Chances Created: Mahrez - one every 57 mins. Gray - one every 66 mins.
Successful Passes: Mahrez - one every 3.5 mins. Gray - one every 4.4 mins.
Key Passes: Mahrez - one every 60 mins. Gray - one every 82 mins.
Pass Completion: Mahrez - 78%. Gray - 75%.
Shot Accuracy: Mahrez - 64%. Gray - 42%.
Fouls Suffered: Mahrez - one every 43 mins. Gray - one every 82 mins.
Successful Tackles/Interceptions: Mahrez - one every 51 mins. Gray - one every 51 mins.
Games Appeared In: Mahrez - 36. Gray - 30.

Results from last season (Premier League games only):

Goals and Assists: Mahrez - one every 314 mins. Gray - one every 266 mins.
Total Shots: Mahrez - one every 38 mins. Gray - one every 39 mins.
Chances Created: Mahrez - one every 57 mins. Gray - one every 66 mins.
Successful Passes: Mahrez - one every 3.5 mins. Gray - one every 4.4 mins.
Key Passes: Mahrez - one every 60 mins. Gray - one every 82 mins.
Pass Completion: Mahrez - 78%. Gray - 75%.
Shot Accuracy: Mahrez - 64%. Gray - 42%.
Fouls Suffered: Mahrez - one every 43 mins. Gray - one every 82 mins.
Successful Tackles/Interceptions: Mahrez - one every 51 mins. Gray - one every 51 mins.
Games Appeared In: Mahrez - 36. Gray - 30.

Now check on Mahrez when he was 21. Gray is so much better than he was then.

Wayne Rooney was a far better striker than Vardy at 21 but they're not comparable now. Im sure there's far better examples too.

especially when you consider how few minutes Gray actually gets

Yeah but we're counting games for some reason.

Gray isn't as good as Mahrez and I doubt he ever will be. That shouldn't be the main discussion on whether or not to chuck Mahrez. The bloke just doesn't want to be here, hasn't this season and I can't see him changing his mind after acting the cock. Gray being better or worse is totally irrelevant.

Wayne Rooney was a far better striker than Vardy at 21 but they're not comparable now. Im sure there's far better examples too.

It's a poor example.

Has Vardy been a better striker than Rooney over his career? Is the older player going to be better over the rest of his career?

It's a poor example.

Has Vardy been a better striker than Rooney over his career? Is the older player going to be better over the rest of his career?

Is Gray likely to win PFA player of the year? Or have a world class season like Mahrez? Highly unlikely.

Have we got stats from when they were eight years old ?

I can't make a proper judgement until I've seen them

Juve would be a cracking move for him.

Clearly, I have no knowledge if this is actually the case, I'm just going out on a limb here as I've not seen every match played ever in Serie A. I've never been to Turin either. I should probably stfu.

Have we got stats from when they were eight years old ?

I can't make a proper judgement until I've seen them

You couldn't make a proper judgement if you had all the facts tied up in a bow and handed to you. Your posts are always inane negative comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566