Post Match Manchester United 3 Leicester 0

I think he’s alright in a position of need, but people are incorrectly spaffing themselves over him.
Quite. Also got to question why Lyon were happy to let him go.

He definitely will improve us but boy was he shit today.

I guess I have a different perspective than most.

Second half performance was very bad, no denying that. But on the back of two very good wins, it was one 45 mins were we were very poor. I don’t think we need to rip everything up and start again.

And I don’t see how Rodgers was to blame for that. He picked the same 11 that were very good against Tottenham. I haven’t gone back and read the comments at the start of this thread but surely nobody was complaining about that. Although it’s Rodgers so one or two probably were.

Today was a perfect example of why you cannot take staying up for granted with this group of players.

We can look good one week and score goals and then be utter bottle jobs next time out.

We are very much in a relegation battle and this isn't the sort of game that will tell us much. We're nowhere near good enough to play so openly against a good side. Although Rodgers was on a hiding to nothing with the selection, I thought his decision making in the second half was dreadful. All subs made seemed to be pre-planned and completely failed to redress the issues we were facing.

When you don't defend well, it stands out when you have a keeper that doesn't make big saves. And today was one of those days. De Gea made two excellent saves and Ward doesn't.

The back four looked like strangers. Faes was awful but Souttar didn't help. Both full backs were okay in my opinion. But the four of them just weren't joined up. They were so easy to play through.

In midfield we were in control in the first half and I don't understand why we took the two off for Tielemans and Soumare. It didn't make any sense to me. Both subs in midfield played really, really, badly.

The forward four were all poor. We have four forwards that love it when the going is good. Tete started well but his tracking back is terrible. Maddison just wasn't it in at all. He looked injured to me. Barnes was a coward and Iheanacho gave one of those performances. All of them were off it.

I've no idea why he thought bringing on Vardy made sense. Praet did well I thought, ran about a lot and made good use of the ball.

Shit show all round really.

If Perez had played the last two games in the way Tete has, then we would all be (quite rightly) tearing him to ****ing pieces
FFS, he was average in the last two games. He didn’t stink the joint out. And you’re probably right about Perez. But that’s because for an increasing number of people if a player isn’t a potential MOTM then he was shit.

Apologies if incoherent as I'm 5 pints of rattler in. The game hinged on mends booking. We were well in it at that point but an absolutely appalling decision completely changed the game.

Today was a perfect example of why you cannot take staying up for granted with this group of players.

We can look good one week and score goals and then be utter bottle jobs next time out.

We are very much in a relegation battle and this isn't the sort of game that will tell us much. We're nowhere near good enough to play so openly against a good side. Although Rodgers was on a hiding to nothing with the selection, I thought his decision making in the second half was dreadful. All subs made seemed to be pre-planned and completely failed to redress the issues we were facing.

When you don't defend well, it stands out when you have a keeper that doesn't make big saves. And today was one of those days. De Gea made two excellent saves and Ward doesn't.

The back four looked like strangers. Faes was awful but Souttar didn't help. Both full backs were okay in my opinion. But the four of them just weren't joined up. They were so easy to play through.

In midfield we were in control in the first half and I don't understand why we took the two off for Tielemans and Soumare. It didn't make any sense to me. Both subs in midfield played really, really, badly.

The forward four were all poor. We have four forwards that love it when the going is good. Tete started well but his tracking back is terrible. Maddison just wasn't it in at all. He looked injured to me. Barnes was a coward and Iheanacho gave one of those performances. All of them were off it.

I've no idea why he thought bringing on Vardy made sense. Praet did well I thought, ran about a lot and made good use of the ball.

Shit show all round really.
Lose to Saints and things get very sobering, very quickly.

Still struggling to process the Faes cock ups on the first goal and then Castagne completely forfeiting any chance of catching Rashford for the second by flapping his arm asking for offside.

I’m starting to think Castagne is done here and Faes is nowhere near ready to play in these games at big stadiums.

At their place? With our inconsistencies? I think it’s entirely possible.
The team that played against Villa and Spurs and in the first half at Old Trafford would beat this very shit Southampton team. And even the team that turned up for the second half at OT would stand a good chance of not losing.

But, we’ll see.

Saints game is ****ing massive

If you think that’s going to be a pushover then I’m afraid you are completely and utterly deluded

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663