Post Match Manchester United 3 Leicester 0

Still struggling to process the Faes cock ups on the first goal and then Castagne completely forfeiting any chance of catching Rashford for the second by flapping his arm asking for offside.

I’m starting to think Castagne is done here and Faes is nowhere near ready to play in these games at big stadiums.
For the longest time I thought Castagne was our best full-back. But right now he needs dropping. Ricardo should start next week.

As for Faes, he’s fundamentally just not that good of a defender. Sure, he’ll do things like that tackle that led to the Ihenacho goal against Spurs. But more often he gets the basics wrong, like positioning and passing.

How shit is Weghorst? ****ing hell, what a weird signing that was. As poor as Faes was he might not have even been the worse Wout on the pitch.

Am I allowed to call DogBob on Tete yet?
He was excellent in his first game. He was quiet but not awful in his second game. He was great today in the first half and awful in the second.

Jury's out.

We didn't get the run of the green when on top. Its out of order to criticise when for the first 45 minutes we could/ possibly should of been 2 goals to the good. We were well in that game until it was 2-0. We aren't good at chasing lost causes, who is. We need to keep our tails up and go at the next in line.

We were very unfortunate not to be two goals up and wouldn't have lost.

We were fantastic in the first 45. An absolute joy.

Second half it was a mentality problem. The players believed their opportunity to get a result had gone in the first half.

Why all this gloom about Saints? We'll beat Arsenal.

Second half it was a mentality problem. The players believed their opportunity to get a result had gone in the first half.
Which is very concerning.

But is an ever present under this manager

Surprised you lot haven't mentioned this more. It's a straight red. Had Faes gone down shrieking like you can guarantee any Man U player would have, that would have gone straight to the ref to make the call on the side line camera, and a red card would have come out. It's Old Trafford though against a corrupt joke of a club so play on, not even a yellow. Mendy got booked for winning the ball for ****s sake. Sure, might not have changed the result, but then again might well have. **** it. Move on.

We were the better team in the first half and were undone only by a worldclass keeper and a great striker in the form of his life. The stuffing went out of the team after the second went in so I think Rodgers was right to get some time into players who need some fitness. It's always disappointing to lose obviously, but I can't think of any game lost by three goals where we still looked good - ten Hag has got them playing tremendously now but there's no reason to fear anyone in this league if we can keep taking games to them as we did in the first half here

Perspective: We beat in form Villa at their place. Trounced an abject Spurs. Few (Me included) had us picking maximum points in those games.

A very disappointing result after the first half display. Some disappointing performances. They were a clinical striker and a world class keeper better than us.

I’d rather Faes in the team than Amarty. A few shockers in that game but can you imagine Daniel lining up against an inform Rashford?

Yes Arsenal will be tough, especially if we defend like that. We will need an exceptional effort to get a result in this.

Concern is that teams around us continue to pick up points. It will be interesting to see how many points will be needed to stay up this year.

Surprised you lot haven't mentioned this more. It's a straight red. Had Faes gone down shrieking like you can guarantee any Man U player would have, that would have gone straight to the ref to make the call on the side line camera, and a red card would have come out. It's Old Trafford though against a corrupt joke of a club so play on, not even a yellow. Mendy got booked for winning the ball for ****s sake. Sure, might not have changed the result, but then again might well have. **** it. Move on.

From Garth Crooks,

"Prem League Referee Stuart Atwell should be relieved of his duties" the former Tottenham and Man Utd forward wrote in his weekly column. " He allowed Manchester United's Marcel Sabitzer to remain on the pitch after the worst tackle I have seen in years and without so much as a caution".

" What made matters worse, Atwell then booked Leicester City's Nampalys Mendy, having made not one but two perfectly legitimate tackles. Of course it is the referees opinion that ultimately matters, but if a top class official cannot distinguish between a 'career threatening tackle' and two perfectly legitimate challenges, then that referee has no business officiating in the top in league in the world,"

" Top professional players deserve referees who know the difference between a good and very bad tackle".

From Garth Crooks,

"Prem League Referee Stuart Atwell should be relieved of his duties" the former Tottenham and Man Utd forward wrote in his weekly column. " He allowed Manchester United's Marcel Sabitzer to remain on the pitch after the worst tackle I have seen in years and without so much as a caution".

" What made matters worse, Atwell then booked Leicester City's Nampalys Mendy, having made not one but two perfectly legitimate tackles. Of course it is the referees opinion that ultimately matters, but if a top class official cannot distinguish between a 'career threatening tackle' and two perfectly legitimate challenges, then that referee has no business officiating in the top in league in the world,"

" Top professional players deserve referees who know the difference between a good and very bad tackle".

I thought it was a terrible challenge from Sabitzer, and lucky Faes wasn't hurt.

But now Garth says it... I wonder if I was wrong? But I think this is the broken clock scenario.

Worst tackle he’s seen in years ffs.

I think Garth Crooks should be relieved of his duties.

I thought it was a terrible challenge from Sabitzer, and lucky Faes wasn't hurt.

It was a poor challenge but I recall quite a few similar ones over the last year not resulting in red cards.

We can only assume that the on field referee didn't see it at all as he didn't even judge it to be a foul/yellow card. He'd blown for a free kick before the incident happened.

So then it comes down to whether the VAR considers it to be worthy of review or not. My understanding is that they have to think that, if the referee sees the challenge on a screen, he might decide to issue a red. If he doubts this, as he clearly did, then VAR does nothing.

So it was the VAR who decided that it wasn't bad enough to get the referee to look again. The differences in opinion between people on here and the pundits suggest that it wasn't obvious to lots of people. I'm not sure whether it is or it isn't despite seeing it several times. It's one of those that you couldn't really argue against it being given but it was stupid, not malicious.

I think that the ref should have been asked to look at the screen. I don't know why there seems to be such resistance to this in the PL. Not doing that makes this an issue and stops the referee from being accountable for their decisions.

From Garth Crooks,

But, but ... the completely unbiased Gary Neville Sky commentator said it wasn't a red card, and that should be good enough for any of us.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663