Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the present board loaning LCFC money at the moment? If it was a gift they wouldn't be selling the club right now, they would be giving it away.

Isn't the present board loaning LCFC money at the moment? If it was a gift they wouldn't be selling the club right now, they would be giving it away.

No, the money they put in was for shares. They could only get it back by winding up the company ( most unlikely, as they put the money in to save the club ) or selling their shares to someone else ( i.e. Mandy or whoever ).

I don't think the 20m loan will be the stumbling block for Milan's bid, the 'less than 5m' bit for the shares will be.

No, the money they put in was for shares. They could only get it back by winding up the company ( most unlikely, as they put the money in to save the club ) or selling their shares to someone else ( i.e. Mandy or whoever ).

So that what MM is proposing, to take on their shares and then loan us cash. So he coudlnt wind us up without losing his £5m

But thats the same with the current crop.

True - that is the nature of equity investment. It provides more incentive for sucess than loans secured on assets.

Most of the take-overs of football clubs have been largely done by issuing fair amounts of debt. That would be likely for any bidder in this case - it's part of the gamble you take. The nature of the debt and its size in relation to assets that is the important thing.

Wolves for example were £40m in debt to their sugar daddy, but when he pulled out he wrote it off. What would have happened if he had died in harness? I don't know the particular circumstances, but it would quite possibly have formed part of his estate, and attracted death duties, forcing his executors to call some of it in or sell it off.

Al Fayed has, I understand, put much of his into a family trust, which gives Fulham much more security in the event of him dying, pulling out, or whatever.

But thats the same with the current crop.

Yes, but I don't think they would want to liquidate the club to get their money back - I'm sure that when they put their money in the save the club they thought " that's down the plughole ". Somehow, I don't think Mandy would look at it in that light. Also, if he were to fall under a bus after investing in LCFC I'm sure his executors would want to get every penny back, by whatever means.

Yes, but I don't think they would want to liquidate the club to get their money back - I'm sure that when they put their money in the save the club they thought " that's down the plughole ". Somehow, I don't think Mandy would look at it in that light. Also, if he were to fall under a bus after investing in LCFC I'm sure his executors would want to get every penny back, by whatever means.

I think you are splitting hairs, you neither know the intentions of nthe current regime or MM.

Whilst Mandaric's bid is dissected and analysed, why has nobody enquired to the second party carrying out Due Dilligence, as to the structure of their offer and what their motives and aspirations are, would be useful to compare.

I have a horrible feeling that this present scenario could be used as spin by the present board who will effectively discredit the bids in an attempt to show that they are in fact the only creditable way forward for our club.

Whilst Mandaric's bid is dissected and analysed, why has nobody enquired to the second party carrying out Due Dilligence, as to the structure of their offer and what their motives and aspirations are, would be useful to compare.

I have a horrible feeling that this present scenario could be used as spin by the present board who will effectively discredit the bids in an attempt to show that they are in fact the only creditable way forward for our club.
:038:

Can someone give me a Brief account of how things stand at the moment because i really cannot be arsed trawling through these 200 pages to find out ..Cheers

I cant honestly beleive they are carrying out due dillegence. Why make a statement on one bid but even acknowledge the other/s?

Can someone give me a Brief account of how things stand at the moment because i really cannot be arsed trawling through these 200 pages to find out ..Cheers

Mandarics is the only bid in (that we have been told of) He wants to rip the heart out of the club, sell the training ground and all the players, before he dies and leaves us millions in debt - the club will decide next week if they fancy that.

Bardon are waiting in the wings to turn us in to the tigers play thing before moving us to Welford road and the Tigers to the walkers before shagging every supporter up the arse 3 times a week - the board dont even know how to release a statement about this.

Its great this investment lark.

Mandarics is the only bid in (that we have been told of) He wants to rip the heart out of the club, sell the training ground and all the players, before he dies and leaves us millions in debt - the club will decide next week if they fancy that.

Bardon are waiting in the wings to turn us in to the tigers play thing before moving us to Welford road and the Tigers to the walkers before shagging every supporter up the arse 3 times a week - the board dont even know how to release a statement about this.

:icon_lol:

Can i change my vote? :icon_redf

Will that be in the 1884 at Half Time and will they provide Tea and Biscuits because I think I know a man who might be interested...

I cant honestly beleive they are carrying out due dillegence. Why make a statement on one bid but even acknowledge the other/s?

You usually carry out due diligence before making a bid - you know exactly what you are buying (i.e. long-term sponsorship contracts, all sort of confidential stuff ), and can make your offer based on that. The bid ( if any ) will come after due diligence. It appears Mandy has made a bid of sorts without carrying out due dilligence. If that is true, he seems a bit a an idiot to me, unless he was trying to get the fans on his side before any other bidders could get their PR machines into action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669