Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it amazing how quickly people form opinions based on no information. MM is a saint or a devil or we are going to be Tigers Utd. WTF?

The board will make the decision on who it is best to sell the club to. This thread is 30+ pages of wasted time.

I'll have a reaction if/when the terms of the signed deal become apparent.

Last edited:
Accountant speaking: If he's going to charge interest, it's better as a loan. However, there are various other reasons Capital Gains Tax-wise where it could be better via share capital. Therefore, I cannot give you an answer ( unless you want to take me on as a consultant for a couple of weeks at £80 per hour;) ).

Blimey, you're cheap! We recently paid £200.00 for a 45 min phone call!

OK, here’s what we’ve got: The Rand Corporation… in conjunction with the saucer people… under the supervision of the reverse vampires… are forcing Milan Mandaric to buy LCFC in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner.

We’re through the looking glass, here, people…”

I think that we need to remember that if Leicester is bought by a PLC that their main focus is to make a profit year by year regardless of what the fans think, their first loyality is to share holder not LCFC fans. Ground sharing with the rugby club and sell or leasing their current ground to another company would be extremely lucrative, tens of millions in fact. On the other hand MM is not doing it out of love for LCFC either it is and opportunity to make money. If it is true that he woulld loan LCFC 20 mil then there should be safe guards and a loan replayment plan in place. LCFC should not be obliged to even spend the money!!

Either way the club is going to have to take a risk. We can be mid table in the championship and just about stave off relagation each year (and watch crap football) or they can take a chance! I would rather they took a cautious chance than none at all

It would be interesting to know where he and the companies he uses for this kind of thing are domiciled. ;)

never mind that Steven, I'd be far more interested in knowing where they claim to live

OK, here’s what we’ve got: The Rand Corporation… in conjunction with the saucer people… under the supervision of the reverse vampires… are forcing Milan Mandaric to buy LCFC in a fiendish plot to eliminate the meal of dinner.

We’re through the looking glass, here, people…”

Are you Milhouse? :eek: :102: :102: :102:

so whats the latest - after all the hype on SSN and in the papers it has all calmed down now. Are we just leaving it at that? I want us to get a much needed boost and get back where we belong - **** the shareholders - protest to get them out.

so whats the latest - after all the hype on SSN and in the papers it has all calmed down now. Are we just leaving it at that? I want us to get a much needed boost and get back where we belong - **** the shareholders - protest to get them out.

Nobody knows what's going on, so we are posting like headless chickens, talking about rumour and counter rumour, and generally falling out with each other. Just a normal week on talkingballs, then.;)

From foxfanzine:

Bruin said:
JJ's summary of the MM deal (the reported convo with the FT earlier) would seem to fall in line with informed sources, c/f the shareholder spokesman quoted in the Guardian piece yesterday. And he would appear to have the right to be disgruntled.

The only thing MM is actually trying to buy is the stock at purchase price minus 22.5%, the rest being be loaned. This is no more than cheap trickery. If the Club is sufficiently attractive to be the subject of a £25M investment, is it too much to ask for the shareholders to be recompensed at cost, or even +5%?

One other festering bone of contention which this speculation has decloseted is the restructuring of the stadium debt. If ever anyone is in the slightest doubt as to the sheer ineptitude of our people at the top, take a look at the millstone (courtesy Oadlad) with which they have landed us, the enormity of which with skilled, firm negotiation could easily have been avoided.

At the time of Administration, Teachers must have been cacking themselves that we would go under and leave them with a stadium no-one (then) wanted. As our experience at Filbo taught us, the bricks and mortar of the building belong on the liability side of the balance sheet rather than the asset side. Being generous, the land would be worth no more than £5M (we paid £3.5M for it I believe) and once demolition costs have been entered onto the Purchase Ledger one would be staring at residual value of basically f'ck all.

What value did our bright boys put on it? About £18M! I bet Peter Tom wouldn't have. I certainly wouldn't. But a golden opportunity to screw over a company who foreclosed on a deal which left us with debts of £5.3M owing to the construction company (+ a whole lot of ill-will from everyone in the world it seems) was passed over by Toytown Post Office tycoons masqerading as businessmen. Pathetic.

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=889&p=16&style=1&forumId=3142&action=1&replytoid=530824739

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669