Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

What if they think there alternatives which are better for the long term future of the club - rather than getting in someone who might be here for a few years before pissing off to find another club he can make money from?

Alternatives that involve tigers having some control, no thanks.

Even if there was no cash involved and milan was the chairman with no budget at least he is a football man.

So you think he'd buy our club just so the Tigers can get a new ground?

I imagine anyone who has done that well in business would have the sense to know that LCFC is bigger than the Tigers will ever be.

I wouldnt put it past him. Convert welford road to football and walkers to rugby, suit him good.

Milan is a lower risk and better prospect then him by far.

Mandaric is no fool, and he is investing in the company for profit rather than any love of our club. Not in itself a problem as his profit is largely dependent on getting us in the premier league. The difference between MM and the current shareholders is that (we hope) he has the funds that could deliver this success.

Put yourself in the position of one of the current shareholders with a genuine love for the club- what would be your main concern? It would be ensuring that the new owner was going to genuinely follow through on his promises (to the media) to put £25m in the club. The deal you struck would have to commit the buyer to injecting that money (preferably through shares, but if through loans then they'd have to long term at v. good rates). If the shareholders don't get this commitment then they have failed. If the buyer isn't making this commitment then he is a predator.

Think about it...the more pressure the fans put on the shareholders/board to sell, the worse the deal the club will get.

I must admit i don't favour the Bradstone option at this moment, if it even exists. MM is the lesser of two evils.

Of course MM is here to make money - and the only way he can at our club is to propel them higher than we are now. I, for one, don't believe there's any evidence that he has any intention to 'shaft' the club; he certainly didn't shaft Pompey and that took him years.

I haven't read his proposal, but from what I know of the man this is a fairly calculated risk. If he's in the business of making money then fine by me. I'm in the business of watching my beloved LCFC play at a higher standard than of late.

Of course MM is here to make money - and the only way he can at our club is to propel them higher than we are now. I, for one, don't believe there's any evidence that he has any intention to 'shaft' the club; he certainly didn't shaft Pompey and that took him years.

I haven't read his proposal, but from what I know of the man this is a fairly calculated risk. If he's in the business of making money then fine by me. I'm in the business of watching my beloved LCFC play at a higher standard than of late.

Your business is failing mate:icon_lol:

I must admit i don't favour the Bradstone option at this moment, if it even exists. MM is the lesser of two evils.

I would go further then that and he is parts a saviour.

This bradstone was ongoing before milan hit the headlines and was an almost certianty, milan coming in has suddenly opened up another option for the club to keep their identity and ground.

The 20mill loan thing been leaked is a way to attack milan almost all takeovers are focused around loans money isnt simply given away, and some of it is used to pay off the stadium then the club will actually only have increased debt of a few million at possibly a much lower interest rate as well as having cashflow for players.

I strongly suspect the leaking of this info is from shareholders who for whatever reason are disfavouring milans bid.

I strongly suspect the leaking of this info is from shareholders who for whatever reason are disfavouring milans bid.

Wouldn't surprise me. Maybe a shareholder who stood to gain more from the Bradstone deal than teh MM one. Its all smoke and mirrors at the moment.

The more i think about it i worry, i really really dont want the Bradstone bid to be accepted.

It would be ironic if Bardon did become owners of the club. Then we'd have people in charge who dig feckin' great holes for themselves professionally, rather than just on a recreational basis :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Last edited:
What is the obsession of this board with making us unsaleable in the future.

Groundshare would hve been suicide, there wouldn't be a sole today wanting to buy this club and now if there is any truth in this rumour a Tigers related bid would most certainly be groundshare by the back door.

I'd rather see us go tits up!:098:

What was it we were singing a few years back?? You can shove yer tigers, shove yer tigers, shove yer tigers up yer arse...

What is the obsession of this board with making us unsaleable in the future.

Groundshare would hve been suicide, there wouldn't be a sole today wanting to buy this club and now if there is any truth in this rumour a Tigers related bid would most certainly be groundshare by the back door.

I'd rather see us go tits up!:098:

Again, another overly emotional response that I apologise for. What I will do now is shut up. I know the board will do what is best for the club.

Must be my time of the month or something!:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570