Mandaric bid to be rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't read through all of this, so sorry if i'm repeating stuff.

am i the only one that always expected it to be a loan. it always is, its the only way an owner can be sure of getting his money back, even if he is succesfull.

suppose he 'gifts' £5million on players, in 5 years those players are gone, he sells the club for what its worth (not what he has put in) he looses money

but loan the club £5million, 5 years later the players are gone and he sells the club, the new owners have to pay off the loan.

the only question to ask is, is it his money? if its not and he is risking someone elses money, then its easier for him to walk if things go wrong and leave us in a mess. If its his money, it makes sense for him to do whatever is possible for the club to succeed so he gets his money back.

haven't read through all of this, so sorry if i'm repeating stuff.

am i the only one that always expected it to be a loan. it always is, its the only way an owner can be sure of getting his money back, even if he is succesfull.

suppose he 'gifts' £5million on players, in 5 years those players are gone, he sells the club for what its worth (not what he has put in) he looses money

but loan the club £5million, 5 years later the players are gone and he sells the club, the new owners have to pay off the loan.

the only question to ask is, is it his money? if its not and he is risking someone elses money, then its easier for him to walk if things go wrong and leave us in a mess. If its his money, it makes sense for him to do whatever is possible for the club to succeed so he gets his money back.

But if he seels the club for 11 million after buying it for 5 and spending 5m on players than he has to be a profit in the broadest terms. So why would it be a loan?

But if he seels the club for 11 million after buying it for 5 and spending 5m on players than he has to be a profit in the broadest terms. So why would it be a loan?

at the moment, if the suggestions are true, he feels the club is worth £5million. £25million spent on something worth only 5 is stupid.

MM cant be sure the club will increase in value, and is less of a gamble if the money is loaned.

Any good business or business person will borrow money when they see an opportunity to make it back again. Banks (and alternatives) love it when they see an already successful person borrowing more

Why all the suspicion, did he make a loss when he sold Portsmouth, or did he nett a few million in the bank once the deal was finalised.

I doubt he'll need a loan, but he still may choose this option. The only thing I would say to this is, if MM can borrow money to move our club forward, why can't the club? didn't they think about it, or aren't they allowed

As an example of what can go wrong when a football club is bought with loan money look down the road to Derby under the guidance of their last management team.

A lot of people (not necessarily on this board, but in general) seem to be citing the condition Portsmouth are in as reason to back Mandaric. If I recall rightly, they stayed up by the skin of their teeth the season before last. If they had gone down they'd have been back to square one with no sign of a new ground (as now), which I recall their fans were getting restive about. And Gaydamak probably wouldn't have been half as interested in buying them. I'm sceptical of Mandaric an dubious of his press-playing tactics thus far.

I don't mind admitting to being confused and not knowing which direction to think in.

I would like to sit back and relax in the knowledge that the future of my football is club is currently in safe hands and I don't have to worry that they will make the correct decision on mine, ours, and their behalfs

Last edited:
But surely there would be a similar risk involved if an individual of the boards choosing were to purchase the 'other half' of the stadium, an individual who owns 50% of a football stadium is as big a risk as an individual loaning the club money IMO as the club's future would be dependant on that individual.

It is a similar scenario, the truth is which ever way the board decide to follow there will be considerable risk attached as to the long term aspirations and intentions of anybody prepared to invest in the club.

I find it odd how no one seems to be considering MM's flamboyant past. He fell out with Rednapp, brought in some nobodies and then nearly got the club relegated.

What if something similar happens with us?

I would like to see a face to the other bidders before I 'back' anyone.

Last edited:
football is a game of risk. there are no guarantees.

Remember that our current board were 'looking' for investment. if they saw a chance that they could make a success of us they wouldn't have been so keen. the current situation is that we owe a lot of money, the debt is getting bigger, and there is no way forward with no investment. it might take a while but we are sinking, eventually it will get out of hand.

MM is a risk, but staying as we are is a bigger one IMO

Anyone find it a bit.... unprofessional? That the top story on RL news is 'Milan Mandaric's bid is not enough say the Foxes Trust'.

As an example of what can go wrong when a football club is bought with loan money look down the road to Derby under the guidance of their last management team.

Q1 What was the previous football management experience of the person/group that took on Derby?

Q2 What is the previous football management experience of Milan Mandaric?

Q3 Has Milan Mandaric ever done anything which makes you think the Derby experience might be repeated at Leicester?

Q1 What was the previous football management experience of the person/group that took on Derby?

Q2 What is the previous football management experience of Milan Mandaric?

Q3 Has Milan Mandaric ever done anything which makes you think the Derby experience might be repeated at Leicester?

I am simply trying to point out, maybe quite badly, that football is littered with examples of people buying football clubs and instead of resurrecting them making them worse.

We MUST therefore make sure that when we are sold, as I sincerely hope that we are, that we make sure their is little / no risk of finding ourselves financially embarrassed again a few seasons down the line. Because if we are I doubt that their will be many, if any, willing to bail us out again.

i'm going to the stoke cov game this evening as i live in stoke at the moment and the game is only a fiver but cant decide where to sit as i dislike both teams equally. Just thought i'd share that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566