Mandaric Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to MM, he has indicated some of the issues which he found disturbing, one being the players' fitness, which he said he was concerned about. It's also common knowledge that they fell out over the JFH situation, so what more is there to know? It's clear to all from these two issues alone that he lost faith in the man he appointed, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I was warming to MA, but once we hit the big time, all of this will be forgotten. MM will get us there; we just have to accept it may be a bumpy ride on the way.

As has been pointed out in another thread, the players looked to me to be the fittest for a good couple of seasons, so I take MM's comments there with a barrell of salt. On the same point another poster pointed out that JFH and RF were hardly going to make the squad as a whole a fitter , and MM wanted them in. MM is either too afraid to let us know the true reasons why he ditched MA2, or perhaps they didn't amount to much and he won't tell us. And before someone mentions " confidentiality agreement " that would have been put into MA2's severence agreement at MM's behest, to stop MA2 dissing him in the press.

Last edited:
I suspect it's Mr "On the verge of returning my season ticket"

:icon_lol:

I guess an interesting question I'd put to Polar Bear is this: Would you rather have had another season of mediocre, often woeful performances, with City barely staying up in a league that often lacks quality, or would you accept that even with Manderic's knee-jerk style of Chairmanship, the pulling-teeth pursuit of being a LCFC fan is that little bit easier to live with?

I certainly would. No chairman is perfect. People with too much money rarely are. But I'm having fun this season being a city fan, and that hasn't happened for a long, long time.

As has been pointed out in another thread, the players looked to me to be the fittest for a good couple of seasons, so I take MM's comments there with a barrell of salt. On the same point another poster pointed out that JFH and RF were hardly going to make the squad as a whole a fitter , and MM wanted them in. MM is either too afraid to let us know the true reasons why he ditched MA2, or perhaps they didn't amount to much and he won't tell us. And before someone mentions " confidentiality agreement " that would have been put into MA2's severence agreement at MM's behest, to stop MA2 dissing him in the press.

Well yeah, the fitness thing is something neither of us can really know for sure. But it IS clear they fell out on the JFH issue, which I was using to illustrate MM's lack of need to come out and slate him. Confidentiality clause or not, MM stands to gain nothing from doing so, other than to scare off potential future managers.

Last edited:
I guess an interesting question I'd put to Polar Bear is this: Why don't you just feck off and return your season ticket then, and put your feckin' money where your big fat mouth is

Good call :038:

It's his money and his club.
You'd never have heard that sentiment a year ago. I've always thought of it as my club, despite the fact that it's always been owned by someone else. I still do - I don't see the situation being any different now.

But a lot of people are suddenly prepared to give this particular owner carte blanche, presumably because they feel it's all out of their hands now. The only difference is it's one person as opposed to a group, so I think a continued degree of scepticism towards the "board" would be quite healthy and a lot more productive than collective shrugging.

Milan is a businessman. Keeping us happy will be high on his list of priorities as it's essential for him to make his dosh. Leicester fans still have a say in what goes on...

To be fair to MM, he has indicated some of the issues which he found disturbing, one being the players' fitness, which he said he was concerned about. It's also common knowledge that they fell out over the JFH situation, so what more is there to know? It's clear to all from these two issues alone that he lost faith in the man he appointed, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I was warming to MA, but once we hit the big time, all of this will be forgotten. MM will get us there; we just have to accept it may be a bumpy ride on the way.

With the exception of Cort, the players were the fittest they had looked in years - take MDV as your prime example. If MM has tried to use this as a reason for the sacking, it's weak.

That said, as I have said many times, it's his money (which we are much better off with than we are without), it's his club and his interests are aligned with the supporters, because he wants Premiership football. I still think he made a shit decision sacking MA, because I thought we were moving in the right direction and I liked MA's approach, but it's his shit decision to make and he'll be judged on the results of it. Overall, MM is more important to the club than MA.

On a different note, I'm pretty excited about the (potential) prospect of 7 games in 23 days, with QPR, Fo88^t, Charlton, Villa (maybe), Stoke, Wolves and Wednesday. And I'm going to all 7!!!

You'd never have heard that sentiment a year ago. I've always thought of it as my club, despite the fact that it's always been owned by someone else. I still do - I don't see the situation being any different now.

But a lot of people are suddenly prepared to give this particular owner carte blanche, presumably because they feel it's all out of their hands now. The only difference is it's one person as opposed to a group, so I think a continued degree of scepticism towards the "board" would be quite healthy and a lot more productive than collective shrugging.

Milan is a businessman. Keeping us happy will be high on his list of priorities as it's essential for him to make his dosh. Leicester fans still have a say in what goes on...

Completely agree. And he knows that. That's why he's taking his time on this appointment, as he won't get a second chance from the fans.

On a different note, I'm pretty excited about the (potential) prospect of 7 games in 23 days, with QPR, Fo88^t, Charlton, Villa (maybe), Stoke, Wolves and Wednesday. And I'm going to all 7!!!

:018: That's dangerously close to being a football related post

If you don't talk about who the new manager should be, or provide some secret inside information about why Allen was sacked, then you are really posting in the wrong place :018:

Ahem anyway, back to the issues that shape our world. Homer - what is that on the floor in your avatar? Your discarded season ticket after taking Polar's advice?

Last edited:
Ahem anyway, back to the issues that shape our world. Homer - what is that on the floor in your avatar? Your discarded season ticket after taking Polar's advice?

It's the last vestiges of my sanity sneaking away after reading this feckin' thread

Last edited:
:icon_lol:

I guess an interesting question I'd put to Polar Bear is this: Would you rather have had another season of mediocre, often woeful performances, with City barely staying up in a league that often lacks quality, or would you accept that even with Manderic's knee-jerk style of Chairmanship, the pulling-teeth pursuit of being a LCFC fan is that little bit easier to live with?

I certainly would. No chairman is perfect. People with too much money rarely are. But I'm having fun this season being a city fan, and that hasn't happened for a long, long time.

Ah, someone with manners answers my post!

Treebeard, I didn't feel this fed up about being a Leicester fan through any of the last three seasons. You're having fun, I'm not! I liked Allen, and I'd hoped that Mandaric had leant something from his experience. Apparently not.

I thought this post would reap me some good entertainment, but I'm still a bit surprised at the number of people who seem to think the word 'return' (a non-dramatic attempt to get the balance back on the unused portion of my ST - if that's not possible then OK) indicates that I'm thinking of running up the side of the pitch setting the thing on fire or making some similar melodramatic gesture. I didn't say this anywhere. Glasses, get yourselves.

As for the 'Allen was crap' angle - no proof's been offered on this. If you're the type of person to believe unsubstantiated rumours about fall-outs and obvious attempts to smear (e.g. the 'players were unfit' rubbish, the dark hints in that ghastly statement Mandaric issued) then OK, I guess we're not going to see eye to eye. I'd rather try and grope my way to the truth.

I'm trying to work out why I bothered starting this, and I'm still not sure :102: Keep the abuse coming ;)

:018: That's dangerously close to being a football related post

If you don't talk about who the new manager should be, or provide some secret inside information about why Allen was sacked, then you are really posting in the wrong place :018:

Apologies homey.

I heard somewhere that MM was "involved" with Elvis and got annoyed when MA wouldn't put him up front.

And while we're at it, fcukcov - explain your avitar to me too please. It looks a barbarous bit of hardware, whatever it was created for.

Just walked across the park and seen some white dog shit. Not seen any for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669