Mandaric Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, someone with manners answers my post!

Treebeard, I didn't feel this fed up about being a Leicester fan through any of the last three seasons. You're having fun, I'm not! I liked Allen, and I'd hoped that Mandaric had leant something from his experience. Apparently not.

I thought this post would reap me some good entertainment, but I'm still a bit surprised at the number of people who seem to think the word 'return' (a non-dramatic attempt to get the balance back on the unused portion of my ST - if that's not possible then OK) indicates that I'm thinking of running up the side of the pitch setting the thing on fire or making some similar melodramatic gesture. I didn't say this anywhere. Glasses, get yourselves.

As for the 'Allen was crap' angle - no proof's been offered on this. If you're the type of person to believe unsubstantiated rumours about fall-outs and obvious attempts to smear (e.g. the 'players were unfit' rubbish, the dark hints in that ghastly statement Mandaric issued) then OK, I guess we're not going to see eye to eye. I'd rather try and grope my way to the truth.

I'm trying to work out why I bothered starting this, and I'm still not sure :102: Keep the abuse coming ;)
wheres my ticket :102:

On a different note, I'm pretty excited about the (potential) prospect of 7 games in 23 days, with QPR, Fo88^t, Charlton, Villa (maybe), Stoke, Wolves and Wednesday. And I'm going to all 7!!!

Funnily really I am looking so forward to Saturday's game :icon_conf. I have spent the morning looking at footballing alternatives - even considering going Brum v Bolton - it will cost me around £35 all in all.

Just thought I'd be the first.

I was never that keen on him anyway, but this latest business has seriously pissed me off. We had a good, strong manager who looked like he might be able to do stuff - now all we have is a pathetic egomaniac chairman whose main talent appears to be planting smear stories in the local press and hinting that there were 'reasons' behind the superficially nonsensical sacking. He won't come right out and say anything though. Golly, I wonder why not? Could it be that there aren't actually any reasons?

I'm on the verge of returning my season ticket. I'm simply embarrassed at supporting a team that seems to be no more than the plaything of a rich idiot. I would say I'm surprised that more people don't seem to feel the same way, but I'm not...

To be honest im hearing reports from one of the main security guys that work at the club that MA upset that many people at the club he said it isnt all what it seems with at city so to be fair he may not be the kind of guy we want at the club in anycase

Ah, someone with manners answers my post!

Treebeard, I didn't feel this fed up about being a Leicester fan through any of the last three seasons. You're having fun, I'm not! I liked Allen, and I'd hoped that Mandaric had leant something from his experience. Apparently not.

I thought this post would reap me some good entertainment, but I'm still a bit surprised at the number of people who seem to think the word 'return' (a non-dramatic attempt to get the balance back on the unused portion of my ST - if that's not possible then OK) indicates that I'm thinking of running up the side of the pitch setting the thing on fire or making some similar melodramatic gesture. I didn't say this anywhere. Glasses, get yourselves.

As for the 'Allen was crap' angle - no proof's been offered on this. If you're the type of person to believe unsubstantiated rumours about fall-outs and obvious attempts to smear (e.g. the 'players were unfit' rubbish, the dark hints in that ghastly statement Mandaric issued) then OK, I guess we're not going to see eye to eye. I'd rather try and grope my way to the truth.

I'm trying to work out why I bothered starting this, and I'm still not sure :102: Keep the abuse coming ;)

Well yeah, I guess I am basing my point on rumour rather than fact admittedly. But it would also be foolish to imagine that such a monumental balls-up as the JFH situation was good for their blossoming relationship.

I don't think MA was crap either - I think given the chance he'd have cracked it for us. But this IS modern football. It's big business. We were in the shit, and he pulled us out, wiped us down, polished us up a bit and we're back in contention. For this reason he deserves the right to alter things according to his vision for the club.

Not sure if others remember, but I posted about meeting him once. He came across as nothing other than a man obsessed with football and success. I like the guy.

And while we're at it, fcukcov - explain your avitar to me too please. It looks a barbarous bit of hardware, whatever it was created for.

It’s a skiving machine. Very useful.;)

Desert Fox:
You'd never have heard that sentiment a year ago. I've always thought of it as my club, despite the fact that it's always been owned by someone else. I still do - I don't see the situation being any different now.

But a lot of people are suddenly prepared to give this particular owner carte blanche, presumably because they feel it's all out of their hands now. The only difference is it's one person as opposed to a group, so I think a continued degree of scepticism towards the "board" would be quite healthy and a lot more productive than collective shrugging.

Milan is a businessman. Keeping us happy will be high on his list of priorities as it's essential for him to make his dosh. Leicester fans still have a say in what goes on...

Good post DF. An interesting debating point. Who does the football club belong to in the moral sense? Chairmen, Managers, Playres, Backroom staff, Tea Lady's all come and go. Who stays long term? We bloody do. Without us the club is nothing. It's about time that investors realised this.

"And before someone mentions " confidentiality agreement " that would have been put into MA2's severence agreement at MM's behest, to stop MA2 dissing him in the press."

Actually, my personal opinion is that it was put there by MA2 to stop Milan letting the world know what weird and unacceptable stuff he had (sorry - may have) been doing behind the scenes. MA2 was preserving his own reputation because he knew that if Milan couldn't say anything, he'd be well in for another job somewhere else. If Milan was allowed to tell us all what really happened, maybe his chances of further employment would have been seriously limited.

I got the impression from earlier interviews after the sacking that Milan was dying to tell us all the reasons behind his decision, to stop all the fans bitching about him. He was the one that said it was unfortunate that the legal stuff meant he couldn't talk about it. He knows he's made a controversial decision with the facts not being known and I now think he's got a hell of a job getting us on side again - the new manager being the first and only way to do it really.

"And before someone mentions " confidentiality agreement " that would have been put into MA2's severence agreement at MM's behest, to stop MA2 dissing him in the press."

Actually, my personal opinion is that it was put there by MA2 to stop Milan letting the world know what weird and unacceptable stuff he had (sorry - may have) been doing behind the scenes. MA2 was preserving his own reputation because he knew that if Milan couldn't say anything, he'd be well in for another job somewhere else. If Milan was allowed to tell us all what really happened, maybe his chances of further employment would have been seriously limited.

I got the impression from earlier interviews after the sacking that Milan was dying to tell us all the reasons behind his decision, to stop all the fans bitching about him. He was the one that said it was unfortunate that the legal stuff meant he couldn't talk about it. He knows he's made a controversial decision with the facts not being known and I now think he's got a hell of a job getting us on side again - the new manager being the first and only way to do it really.

Who is a past master at manipulating the media, MM or MA2? For my money that gives me an idea of who wanted a confidentiality agreement, and it wasn't our ex-manager. MM can say all he likes with inuendo and MA2 can't answer back. I don't like it, but you have to admire the way MM goes about things.

Just thought I'd be the first.

I was never that keen on him anyway, but this latest business has seriously pissed me off. We had a good, strong manager who looked like he might be able to do stuff - now all we have is a pathetic egomaniac chairman whose main talent appears to be planting smear stories in the local press and hinting that there were 'reasons' behind the superficially nonsensical sacking. He won't come right out and say anything though. Golly, I wonder why not? Could it be that there aren't actually any reasons?

I'm on the verge of returning my season ticket. I'm simply embarrassed at supporting a team that seems to be no more than the plaything of a rich idiot. I would say I'm surprised that more people don't seem to feel the same way, but I'm not...

How stupid, can you be.
Mandric is our only hope of getting out of the mess that we have been in since MON left

Who is a past master at manipulating the media, MM or MA2? For my money that gives me an idea of who wanted a confidentiality agreement, and it wasn't our ex-manager. MM can say all he likes with inuendo and MA2 can't answer back. I don't like it, but you have to admire the way MM goes about things.

Did anybody really expect to be told the reasons behind MA2's departure. If a team is on a long losing streak, the reason is obvious, and platitudes about a change being in the interest of both parties are handed out. When has a manager, or owner ever come out to say he was an arguementative ****er, I didn't like his face, whatever?
I liked MA2 but it really is time to let it drop: he will get another job, we will get another manager - live with it. Let us hope that the new bloke will be here soon and we can get back to slating performances and not the chairman!

Milan has a track record of eccentricity, poor judgement on football managers, but ultimately success - what did anyone expect...... for him to get it right first time?

We would be in a right mess without him for sure and there is a chance that we could still end up in a mess with him - but I believe we have to trust him. His success is dependant on getting us up into the Premiership and staying there - surely that is aligned with what every fan wants.

I thought MA2 had some potential and would certainly get us more points than the previous 3 seasons. It is rumoured that he had a very old fashioned style of management though (and probably an old fashioned type of management consultatn advising him) and that he was falling out with players and staff alike. That is not a recipe for long term success and dealing with top flight footballers and he could appear well out of his depth at times.

Any CEO has to get on with the owners (Shareholders) and if they don't they will be removed. The same goes for MA2, he had to be able to work with Milan (the owner) or it had to end. Who was right or wrong (or to what degree) is irrelevant.

Reminds me somewhat of BG's post in the " Season Tickets " thread that read " I'm not renewing... ";);)

and RS I would not have renewed if it was not for my sons wanting to renew. I have not enjoyed the last few seasons at all, and then we sign a clown of a manager...... I really would not have renewed.
You obviously dont have children

Come on now, who gives a flying feck why he was sacked. He has gone and just bring on the next one please.

Can somebody tell me what difference it will make to one single paying supporter to know the real reason why that twat MA was booted out?

We all moan, we all threaten this that and the other, but when Saturday comes we are all there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669