Mandaric to Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Jeff, I meant League One. Even Ian Holloway couldn't keep us up. We may not have got relegated without MM but there is no way we would have got out of the Championship either.

Clubs with small budgets have been promoted before.
I'm sure even without having MM's money, and having to sell our best players, we'd still have had a bigger budget than the one Blackpool had when they got promoted.

The most important thing is getting the right manager. Mandaric's record in English football is awful when it comes to appointing managers. When he gets a good one it seems to be more about luck than judgement.
IH was right for Blackpool last season. He was wrong for us when he was here.

IH was right for Blackpool last season. He was wrong for us when he was here.

Yes, but to be fair to MM he didn't know that. We've been down this road before about his selection of managers. I think it is pretty good on the whole, apart from the obvious failures - and even they had been successful at their previous clubs.

- Without Milan we would not now have owners of the wealth and calibre of King Power.

- Without King Power we would not have attracted a manager with the quality and achievements of Sven.

- Without Sven we would not have brought in Premiership quality players like Vassell, Davies, Naughton or Kirkland.

- Without that type of player we're unlikely to reach the Premiership and if we did we'd be unlikely to stay there.

Why do people keep talking about wanting to play in the Premiership? That's where the Tigers play.

Premier League. Trying to cook a fish pie, fix computers, set up a new light fitting and post accurately here, all at the same time, is not easy....

- Without Sven we would not have brought in Premiership quality players like Vassell, Davies, Naughton or Kirkland.

- Without that type of player we're unlikely to reach the Premiership and if we did we'd be unlikely to stay there.

I think we might be just kidding ourselves here.

None of the players you have quoted are currently seen as good enough to play at that level. on any sort of regular basis (if at all)

These are all loanees (excepting Vassell of course) and it remains to be seen if the degree of reliance on short term deals will bring success.

My gut instinct is that Mandaric has been an overall benefit - but the cold statistics tell us that in performance terms that we are almost precisely where we were when he took over.

So who now becomes our chairman? Reckon we'll be looking to bring in someone new with experience in football?

I think we might be just kidding ourselves here.

None of the players you have quoted are currently seen as good enough to play at that level. on any sort of regular basis (if at all)

These are all loanees (excepting Vassell of course) and it remains to be seen if the degree of reliance on short term deals will bring success.

My gut instinct is that Mandaric has been an overall benefit - but the cold statistics tell us that in performance terms that we are almost precisely where we were when he took over.

But before he took over we had not been to the Play-Offs the Season before and we looked like going nowhere except down, as opposed to now when I think the only way is up and come January we should get the type of players that added to those we have will give us a chance of sneaking the Play-Offs.
But had Milan put his hand in his pocket for more decent players earlier in his ownership we may have been more successfull

Last edited:
Yes, but to be fair to MM he didn't know that. We've been down this road before about his selection of managers. I think it is pretty good on the whole, apart from the obvious failures - and even they had been successful at their previous clubs.
If Mandaric was that good at appointing Managers, why did he have to appoint so many?

Why do people keep talking about wanting to play in the Premiership? That's where the Tigers play.

I thought the Tigers played at Welford Road. I'm really confused now.

Wonder how long it will be before he appoints his own man, and who will it be? They are quite well placed at the moment.

Just heard his leaving interview with Ian Stringer on Radio Leicester.

Whatever opinion people have of MM on this forum, he'll certainly get a standing ovation fron Leicester fans when the Birch brings him out to say 'goodbye'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69