Mandaric to Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disappointed: I, usually, look to you as one of the voices of reason on this site but, this seems to be a particularly pessimistic reading of the situation.

I seem to remember that, before Milan took the reins, there was a complete lack of interest in Leicester City by anyone with the capital to build the club. It almost goes without saying, that he made some odd decisions and, yes we sank to our lowest ebb (the First Division) but, does anyone really believe that we would have an owner promising, "What it takes", Sven as manager or serious links to Premier League players without his intervention?

Someone is bound to reply that we do not know what would have happened, and this is true, but the likelihood was, surely, that we would have drifted into the First Division - and probably not got out.

I agree. If people don't applaud then at least I hope they don't boo him, if they do, what message would this give to our new owners?:102:

I am disappointed: I, usually, look to you as one of the voices of reason on this site but, this seems to be a particularly pessimistic reading of the situation.

I seem to remember that, before Milan took the reins, there was a complete lack of interest in Leicester City by anyone with the capital to build the club. It almost goes without saying, that he made some odd decisions and, yes we sank to our lowest ebb (the First Division) but, does anyone really believe that we would have an owner promising, "What it takes", Sven as manager or serious links to Premier League players without his intervention?

Someone is bound to reply that we do not know what would have happened, and this is true, but the likelihood was, surely, that we would have drifted into the First Division - and probably not got out.

I did say that he has been of overall benefit.

It's a fact that the board was completely helpless before he took over - and he's provided much stronger leadership.

Unfortunately his appointment and retention of managers has been all over the place- and it's also a fact that three years on we are more or less where we were in terms of league position.

I'm not ready to buy into the view that we are now attracting premier league standard players. I can see that we've brought in a number of expensive short term loanees.Will this work? I really don't know but let's hope so - otherwise it's going to be a long winter.

I did say that he has been of overall benefit.

It's a fact that the board was completely helpless before he took over - and he's provided much stronger leadership.

Unfortunately his appointment and retention of managers has been all over the place- and it's also a fact that three years on we are more or less where we were in terms of league position.

I'm not ready to buy into the view that we are now attracting premier league standard players. I can see that we've brought in a number of expensive short term loanees.Will this work? I really don't know but let's hope so - otherw*s* it's going to be a long winter.

See, I knew you were a voice of reason! (i.e. hold similar opinions to me!!) :icon_bigg

So then, will he get the freedom of the city?

The 31,759 crowd at this fixture last season was for all intents and purposes a sell-out.

There are plenty of cheap tickets available for home fans (but not away fans) for Monday's fixture - everybody knows a season-ticket holder who can get them one, if they really want one. The only reason why the attendance will be down on Monday is that it's a school night/work night and people would rather sit at home/in the pub in an armchair/in the warm than actually getting their arses to the match.

and some people are snowed in...

Just been breaking news on SSN. MM will step down with immediate effect pending his takeover at SW. Hardest decision ever given his depth of affection for the football club and its supporters. Last game will be on Monday.

Please don't refer to League One as the First Division. It's the third division. It's not the first anything.

Yes, Jeff, I meant League One. Even Ian Holloway couldn't keep us up. We may not have got relegated without MM but there is no way we would have got out of the Championship either.

If Mandaric hadn't been here, the other chairman may have hired someone good instead of Allen and we could easily have got promoted. You're just predicting things, as Jeff says Burnley and Blackpool in the past couple of seasons hjave gone up with little funds. Fact is you are just predicting what would have happened which is impossible, all we can measure are the facts of what did happen under him.

Oh, and as for your last statement, there was me thinking we didn't get out of the Championship with him in charge either. :102:

Oh, and as for your last statement, there was me thinking we didn't get out of the Championship with him in charge either. :102:

If you took care to read what I wrote, you'll see that what you have written above in response makes no sense at all.

can someone please tell me how much of their personal money were the previous owners putting in every year?

when we have the answer that will put things in perspective.

Remind me again what our running recorded loss during the last financial year was and what we were running at in 06/07?

I seem to remember it was £2,500,000 back then - a sustainable level that is covered through the sale of a player.

Isn't it around £11,000,000 p/a now?

How is that ever an improvement?

This is true. MM is a business man first and a football fan second. I think it is obvious in which order his priorities are. He can spot a potential deal and a quick buck in the making and has become somewhat of an expert in picking up stricken clubs for a song, injecting a little stability and cash and then flogging on for profit. If we all benefit then I'm fine with that. As long as my club comes out the other side with prospects then I'm happy.

I for one thank Mr Mandaric for stepping in and saving Leicester City Football Club. I think its pretty safe to say it was his goal to make money out the deal, but without his finance the club potentially wouldn't be around now.
As it stands, we are owned by a company with deep pockets who want to expand on to the global markets and as long as King Power continue to make hundreds of millions of pounds a year, LCFC is in pretty good hands..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00