Mandaric to Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore me, I was posting while getting tea ready for the kids so clearly wasn't concentrating

(Good job I did those 2 A levels and a degree in Maths :icon_redf:icon_lol:)

Whatever opinion people have of MM on this forum, he'll certainly get a standing ovation fron Leicester fans when the Birch brings him out to say 'goodbye'.

That's an odd one. You go down the Walker's and after the match you speak to friends or hear people talking, and you think, "They've been watching a different game" and mostly you accept it as a difference of opinion because there is so much that you can look at in different ways in football.

But Mandaric at Leicester - given the sheer number of stupid lies he's told us, the debt he's loaded onto the club, that he managed to get us relegated to the third tier for the first time ever, and that he's left the club in pretty much the same league position (only with a shedload more debt) - I shall be looking at all the people over the age of 12 who stand to give him an ovation and think, "I should have been a hustler, too."

Last edited:
I shall be looking at all the people over the age of 12 who stand to give him an ovation and think, "You bunch of stupid thick wankers, I despise every single one of you."

Me too

There's an evens chance that Wednesday will be drawn at home. Having been drawn at home, there's a 62/1 :102: surely there's a 63/1 chance, given 64 teams less 1 that is Sheff Wed? chance that they will play City. Combining those gives a 125/1 chance of us playing there by my reckoning.

...................................Sheff Wed........................
................................/...................\...................
.............................H (1/2)..........A (1/2)..............
......................./..................\.............................
............LCFC (1/63)...........Not (62/63)..................

But Mandaric at Leicester - given the sheer number of stupid lies he's told us, the debt he's loaded onto the club, that he managed to get us relegated to the third tier for the first time ever, and that he's left the club in pretty much the same league position (only with a shedload more debt)

Or, alternatively, if he had not turned up when he did, we would have spiralled slowly downwards with no money, so no decent manager, any decent players sold, and possibly languishing down in League 2.

He has attracted investors with a lot a more money than he has to put in. He has attracted a world respected manager, who with the new money will attract top players.

So whilst we may currently be in the same league position as when Milan arrived, the strength of the management team, the investment available, and the quality of the players here now and shortly to come, is far superior to when he took over.

For that I am very grateful, and I will stand and applaud him on Monday.

Or, alternatively, if he had not turned up when he did, we would have spiralled slowly downwards with no money, so no decent manager, any decent players sold, and possibly languishing down in League 2.

Yeah, that could have happened. Me, I was more worried about swamp-pigs swimming from the canal up through the bathroom pipes and eating my children. Which was slightly more probable.

I will stand and applaud him on Monday.
You could just write "****wit" on your forehead in biro and save yourself the bother.

Money tight yes, decent manager - well Martin Allen wasn't for starters, different owners may have got the best out of Holloway (rather than converting him into a scared rabbit) & had we needed a manger when Pearson was available, we would probably have got him

Milan sold some of those he could get the most money for

He has attracted investors with a lot a more money than he has to put in. He has attracted a world respected manager, who with the new money will attract top players.

Agreed he has attracted investors, but looking at Sven's previous Thai connections, I reckon him being here is down to them not Milan

So whilst we may currently be in the same league position as when Milan arrived, the strength of the management team, the investment available, and the quality of the players here now and shortly to come, is far superior to when he took over.

Current squad is stronger yes, but alot of that strength is short term loans, we don't know what will happen in Jan, if the Thais have to payback all Milans loans as he's off to Weds, maybe the spending will be cut back

For that I am very grateful, and I will stand and applaud him on Monday.
I won't

No way. Forest didn't, Southampton didn't, Wednesday didn't, Man City didn't, Palace haven't, Derby haven't, Coventry haven't and Leeds didn't.

All decent sized clubs who either been down in the third tier or struggled financially in the Championship but not got relegated to League 2. In fact certain teams even braved out their financial problems to do very well recently.

Odd that in a season of a trillion managers and players thanks to Milan we ended up in the third tier and the season he keeps his beak out, we win a division. Every sellable player we've had he's got rid of when a serious offer has been on the table.

One of the reasons we will not sell out Monday and didn't last season in our biggest derby is ticket prices. No surprise to see a fans fixture announced for the first time in years when his departure is nigh.

Didn't complete that three year plan either...just like he promised Pompey a new stadium.

My preferred theory is that had he not turned up we would currently be fighting with killer bees in a sub-aquatic world populated by zombies.

Which seems as valid as your fight against reality.

... he'll certainly get a standing ovation fron Leicester fans when the Birch brings him out to say 'goodbye'.

turkey460.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving.

...................................Sheff Wed........................
................................/...................\...................
.............................H (1/2)..........A (1/2)..............
......................./..................\.............................
............LCFC (1/63)...........Not (62/63)..................

The odds on a one-in-63 chance turning up is 62-to-1. Just as the chances of a one-in-two chance turning up is evens, otherwise shown as 1-to-1.

I should have referred to odds, rather than chances.

Current squad is stronger yes, but alot of that strength is short term loans, we don't know what will happen in Jan, if the Thais have to payback all Milans loans as he's off to Weds, maybe the spending will be cut back

"The Thais" have already taken over all Milan's borrowings. Milan no longer has a penny in the club and is no longer responsible for any of its debt. The recent spending has been by "The Thais" and has only been organised and directed by Milan. His departure will make no difference to the amount available for spending.

One of the reasons we will not sell out Monday and didn't last season in our biggest derby is ticket prices.

The 31,759 crowd at this fixture last season was for all intents and purposes a sell-out.

There are plenty of cheap tickets available for home fans (but not away fans) for Monday's fixture - everybody knows a season-ticket holder who can get them one, if they really want one. The only reason why the attendance will be down on Monday is that it's a school night/work night and people would rather sit at home/in the pub in an armchair/in the warm than actually getting their arses to the match.

I think we might be just kidding ourselves here.

None of the players you have quoted are currently seen as good enough to play at that level. on any sort of regular basis (if at all)

These are all loanees (excepting Vassell of course) and it remains to be seen if the degree of reliance on short term deals will bring success.

My gut instinct is that Mandaric has been an overall benefit - but the cold statistics tell us that in performance terms that we are almost precisely where we were when he took over.

I am disappointed: I, usually, look to you as one of the voices of reason on this site but, this seems to be a particularly pessimistic reading of the situation.

I seem to remember that, before Milan took the reins, there was a complete lack of interest in Leicester City by anyone with the capital to build the club. It almost goes without saying, that he made some odd decisions and, yes we sank to our lowest ebb (the First Division) but, does anyone really believe that we would have an owner promising, "What it takes", Sven as manager or serious links to Premier League players without his intervention?

Someone is bound to reply that we do not know what would have happened, and this is true, but the likelihood was, surely, that we would have drifted into the First Division - and probably not got out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00