• Yes i do

Votes: 65 67.7%
  • No i dont - State answer below

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth11

Personally would have preferred Warnock.
I voted so I gotta post why apparently.
Don't care that he's had a problem with LCFC in the past, it's just that, the past. I think his record is good and has experience of this league and he would light a fire up all the boys' asses, which they definitely need.
Just wish we could for once get someone who's "up there" rather than "down there"!

MHS

Martin Allen isn't my first choice, but I trust Mandaric - he will choose the best man for the job.

Martin Allen's Blue and White Army (at least that's how it's looking!)

Lako42

Personally would have preferred Warnock.
I voted so I gotta post why apparently.
Don't care that he's had a problem with LCFC in the past, it's just that, the past. I think his record is good and has experience of this league and he would light a fire up all the boys' asses, which they definitely need.
Just wish we could for once get someone who's "up there" rather than "down there"!

i suppose what dennis wise did is just in the past?

Muzzy's Right Boot

There have been better names bandied about in the past week. I would have preferred quite a few of them.

Sit on the fence why don't you!!

To be honest i don't care whos boss or what style they play as long as we start to win football matches. If we all have neck ache next May from watching long ball but we're in the play offs i couldn't care less!!

Mad Dog clap clap clap, Mad Dog clap clap clap! :038:

nkgs100

NO. Having watch MK last season the football is crap. But not only that, how many times will it take the board to realise, stop getting "up and coming managers" and stick with someone with experience who has achieved.

Thats why i voted no

Lako42

NO. Having watch MK last season the football is crap. But not only that, how many times will it take the board to realise, stop getting "up and coming managers" and stick with someone with experience who has achieved.

Thats why i voted no

i dont give a flying **** how bloody good the football is, if it gets us up the league into the play-offs im happy.

Feck lovely football, and hello to winning.

ruth11

i suppose what dennis wise did is just in the past?

All Warnock did was get annoyed because something LCFC did adversly affected HIS football club.
Wise adversly affected HIS football club all by himself! Slightly different.

Can't fault a manager for being passionate enough about his club to get annoyed with another. The fact that he wants the LCFC job shows that he's over that now and I would welcome a bit of that passion he had for Sheff Utd being transferred to LCFC. Passion in a manager is something that we have lacked for a few years now.

Portugeezer

All Warnock did was get annoyed because something LCFC did adversly affected HIS football club.

Can't fault a manager for being passionate enough about his club to get annoyed with another. The fact that he wants the LCFC job shows that he's over that now and I would welcome a bit of that passion he had for Sheff Utd being transferred to LCFC. Passion in a manager is something that we have lacked for a few years now.

Agree with that...

Lako42

it didnt effect his football club one bit, the one thing that affected his football club was his innability to out perform a club who had no money.

thats his short fall im affraid, and just adds to the times where he blames everyone else instead of himself being incapable to achieve.

And unlike jeff, i will not make my decisions based on a few brentford fans who i dont even know, and most probably are a bit jealous of Martin going places. I will reserve my views on the man untill i see him myself.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Thats why i voted no

There is no effective 'board'. LCFC is now Milan's personal plaything. He and he alone chooses the manager, and quite possibly some of the players given that it is Allen rather than Warnock or Coleman or other experienced Champ/Prem managers.

We have to trust him that he chooses wisely or realises his mistake early on and replaces him if he does not think he is doing the job properly.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
And unlike jeff, i will not make my decisions based on a few brentford fans who i dont even know, and most probably are a bit jealous of Martin going places. I will reserve my views on the man untill i see him myself.

I have seen his team play, and I didn't like what I saw.

And the views of the Brentford fans weren't because he was 'going places', he'd resigned and hadn't got another club at the time of those quotes, and ended up dropping a division, hardly something for them to be jealous about.

Last edited:

Lako42

I have seen his team play, and I didn't like wahat I saw.

And the views of the Brentofrd fans weren't because he was 'going places', he'd resigned and hadn't got another club at the time of those quotes, and ended up dropping a division, hardly something for them to be jealous about.

But still, its impossible to say my views on the guy are because of what these brentford fans say, which is what you did when you linked this thread to that post. Imagine where we would be if we only employed managers and made massive decisions on the views of a couple of opposition fans, it's a crazy way to judge a manager.

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine where we would be if we only employed managers and made massive decisions on the views of a couple of opposition fans, it's a crazy way to judge a manager.

It was more than a couple of Brentford fans, I posted comments from 12 in that post, and could have posted more.
And views of fans can be more revealing than just looking at stats and listening to people in the game who have their own vested interests.

Lako42

It was more than a couple of Brentford fans, I posted comments from 12 in that post, and could have posted more.
And views of fans can be more revealing than just looking at stats and listening to people in the game who have their own vested interests.

but that would mean you are expecting ma or any other manager to do exactly the same thing at every club they go to, which wont happen.

Redditch Fox

i dont give a flying **** how bloody good the football is, if it gets us up the league into the play-offs im happy.

Feck lovely football, and hello to winning.

I've voted against. I think that we are getting Martin Allen because neither Coleman or Warnock wanted it.

Let us hope Martin Allen is a huge success but I think the odds are against it.
For one thing, I don't see any obvious signs that we are talking about bringing in players of the potential to change our fortunes. Early days yet and I realise that....but it doesn't look to me like MM is going to try do anything dramatic and I think there would be a problem about better quality players signing up with Martin Allen,

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
but that would mean you are expecting ma or any other manager to do exactly the same thing at every club they go to, which wont happen.

So if you think he's going to change his style, how do you know he'll be any good at a new style?

Some of the criticisms from the Brentford fans were related to not having the ability to change his game plan, and his motivational effects wearing off after a while, which makes it sound like he could be a good manager for a year or so, but not long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669