Mary Elizabeth Truss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he would fly with the plebs.
He was in business class, his two staff members who joined him, when we were waiting for the luggage, were in economy

Very rich people and current/potential party donors doing very nicely, thank you

Contrary to popular opinion, they know perfectly well what they’re doing

They've got plenty more wins lined up. Interest rates rising and that equity in homes going down will help them improve their portfolios.

And all the while the public just idle along. Commenting but not acting. The question is when will the public commentary become public action? Not soon enough, if ever, would be guess.

And all the while the public just idle along. Commenting but not acting. The question is when will the public commentary become public action? Not soon enough, if ever, would be guess.
Never

People will be losing their homes in the coming year and they will still bend over and take it.

Beep boop Trussbot will get consent from the puny humans! FRACKSTERMINATE!!!

The most worrying thing about Truss for me is that I get the impression she actually, genuinely believes some of the shit she comes out with.

With Boris you knew he knew he was lying & just daring you to try to prove it.

40 years of privatising everything in sight results in this. Governments are now so utterly divorced from actually running the things that really matter that nobody who wants to make a difference bothers to go into party politics anymore as they know it's impossible to affect anything in a meaningful way.

They become campaigners, activists & lobbyists. They work for charities or set up foundations & trusts for this that or the other in their areas of interest. Which means that those who go the party political route end up being the jobsworths, chancers & clueless middle managers of the world. Nothing but bland, uninspiring, talentless nobodies since 2010.

What a ****ing shitshow.
Rory Stewart - whom I respect greatly - said when he worked with Truss what she was good at was repeating the party line and saying what she was told to.
Yesterday’s interviews proved that.

She believes it all, because she appears to know no better.
Karteng is the one that isn’t getting asked any questions - and must be.

Rory Stewart - whom I respect greatly - said when he worked with Truss what she was good at was repeating the party line and saying what she was told to.
Yesterday’s interviews proved that.

She believes it all, because she appears to know no better.
Karteng is the one that isn’t getting asked any questions - and must be.
I take it you’ve been listening to his excellent podcast?

You can see why people like him get forced out of politics. The level of empathy, culture and worldliness that he displays is the complete antithesis of the ****ing headbangers we’ve ended up with running the country today.

Ian Dunt put it like this; When you force through so many awful ideas that everybody advises against like their version of Brexit, firing their Gen Sec, NI protocol, cutting police, Rwanda etc then you’re emboldened to do this kind of thing. **** the experts, I know better. The reason we didn’t hear from the pair of ****s until yesterday is because they’re genuinely stunned that this has been the reaction.

We the public know that they have access to reports that probably advised against it…. But they won’t let us see them. Of course now we’re treated to the line that this is both the fault of woke institutions like the OBR and the IMF and a response to the likelihood of a labour government inbound. Go figure!

Personally I’m shitting myself. We’ve sold our house subject to contract which we should have next week. Don’t want to pull out because we got an amazing price for our house before the prices tumble. Moving in with family for 6 or so months while a new build is finished. We’re going to end up spending way more than we budgeted on the mortgage on the new place thanks to the interest rates. We’re lucky, we can be flexible and get help although I still anticipate that we’ll be worse off for years thanks to this.

There must be so many people out there tearing their ****ing hair out right now, all because of a few politicians in a bubble being arrogant, pig headed, sadistic ****s.

Last edited:
I take it you’ve been listening to his excellent podcast?

You can see why people like him get forced out of politics. The level of empathy, culture and worldliness that he displays is the complete antithesis of the ****ing headbangers we’ve ended up with running the country today.

Ian Dunt put it like this; When you force through so many awful ideas that everybody advises against like their version of Brexit, firing their Gen Sec, NI protocol, cutting police, Rwanda etc then you’re emboldened to do this kind of thing. **** the experts, I know better. The reason we didn’t hear from the pair of ****s until yesterday is because they’re genuinely stunned that this has been the reaction.

We the public know that they have access to reports that probably advised against it…. But they won’t let us see them. Of course now we’re treated to the line that this is both the fault of woke institutions like the OBR and the IMF and a response to the likelihood of a labour government inbound. Go figure!

Personally I’m shitting myself. We’ve sold our house subject to contract which we should have next week. Don’t want to pull out because we got an amazing price for our house before the prices tumble. Moving in with family for 6 or so months while a new build is finished. We’re going to end up spending way more than we budgeted on the mortgage on the new place thanks to the interest rates. We’re lucky, we can be flexible and get help although I still anticipate that we’ll be worse off for years thanks to this.

There must be so many people out there tearing their ****ing hair out right now, all because of a few politicians in a bubble being arrogant, pig headed, sadistic ****s.
Shows you how far the insanity has spread when you can use the phrase "woke institutions" while describing the OBR & the IMF, even as a joke.

Btw...I wouldn't go overboard on Rory Stewart too much. He never held high enough office to have to make top level decisions. If he did I think people would have a different take on the guy.

To me he's kind of like the Liberals/Alliance/SNP/Lib Dems used to be.

Perceived as progressive but actually not when it comes down to it. Lots of seemingly radical policy statements that grab attention, delivered safely from a position of never actually having to enact any of them.

I spent over 3 decades spouting off about this, all the while knowing that I'd never be proved right or wrong as they'd never get within a million miles of power. Then **** me, lo & behold we get a hung parliament & they promptly abandon all their supposed principals & jump into coalition with a right wing Tory govt for 5 years & let Osborne & Pig Boy deliver us a decade of austerity meaures that crippled the country at every level.

I lost count of the number of people I'd known for all or most of those years who said to me afterwards that they always thought I was a bit of a looney for saying it but now they saw I was right.

Impossible to take any pleasure from it though.

Stewart may come across as a liberal thinker but he still approaches things from the right of centre perspective that has delivered us this world by inches since the 80s. There are no answers there. The fact that he collaborates with that slug Campbell gives it away.
It allows them to present things as non partisan & co-operative but all it really does is show how little difference there is between the right of the Labour party & what would be seen as the left of the Tories.

With politics generally having moved so far to the right over those years it means that all the solutions generated are going to come from a right wing perspective. Same as before. Therefore same results in the end. Maybe a small improvement in prospects for a certain section of society but more inevitable backsliding for most. Radical situations call for radical solutions but anyone putting them forward will be utterly destroyed by the vested interests.

Business as usual. Should be the new national motto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757