Speculation Matt Derbyshire

Status
Not open for further replies.
strikers who are not as prolific as some claim Yakubu to be.

No-one claims Yakubu to any more or less prolific than 11 in 20. 11 in 20 man. 11....in...20. He is that damned prolific. No claims or counter claims. Just 11 in 20. Yakubu > 1:2

* EDIT - That to than.

Last edited:
Polite request to player threads posters:

Not all of us know who all the players at all the clubs are. A simple Matt Derbyshire, 25, Birmingham City striker will, I am sure, save quite a few people from having to Google to find out who he is.

Did there used to be another Matt Derbyshire years ago? Played for West Ham? Or did that Derbyshire have a different first name? Or perhaps there wasn't another Derbyshire years ago?

Alan Young....He is fast becoming one of my least favorite human beings in the world.

I'm sure I remember Alan Young been lauded as "a breath of fresh air" when he first came to the airwaves a year ago. "Somebody who knows what he's talking about".

I wish I could be bothered to go back and check.

Last edited:
I'm sure I remember Alan Young been lauded as "a breath of fresh air" when he first came to the airwaves a year ago. "Somebody who knows what he's talking about".

I wish I could be bothered to go back and check.

And then I bothered to go back and check:

ANyone else think Alan Young has been excellent on commentary today? - Fleetfox

The man talks sense. - FOX Franks

Alan Young is a refreshing change - stockholm fox

I like Alan Young. - tedfoxxx

I must say I do like Alan Young though. - Profondo Rosso

Alan Young says what he thinks- I'm surprised that RL haven't had him on in previous seasons. - Motown Fox

Youngy for manager - Macky

Alan Young back on the RL commentary - alleluia!! - bocadillo

Matt Jones, Tim Flowers and Alan Young have all been pretty good - Ike O'Noclassed

who's the co-commentator? Its the first time someone on RL that has made sense - Thrax, asking about Alan Young

Youngy is the only thing that makes the commentary listenable - Macky

And the suddenly it all changed:

Alan Young on the other hand, what a miserable moaning sod! - LES Fox

And then I bothered to go back and check:

ANyone else think Alan Young has been excellent on commentary today? - Fleetfox

The man talks sense. - FOX Franks

Alan Young is a refreshing change - stockholm fox

I like Alan Young. - tedfoxxx

I must say I do like Alan Young though. - Profondo Rosso

Alan Young says what he thinks- I'm surprised that RL haven't had him on in previous seasons. - Motown Fox

Youngy for manager - Macky

Alan Young back on the RL commentary - alleluia!! - bocadillo

Matt Jones, Tim Flowers and Alan Young have all been pretty good - Ike O'Noclassed

who's the co-commentator? Its the first time someone on RL that has made sense - Thrax, asking about Alan Young

Youngy is the only thing that makes the commentary listenable - Macky

And the suddenly it all changed:

Alan Young on the other hand, what a miserable moaning sod! - LES Fox
Clearly then there was a time when he knew what he was on about. What changed?

No-one claims Yakubu to any more or less prolific than 11 in 20. 11 in 20 man. 11....in...20. He is that damned prolific. No claims or counter claims. Just 11 in 20. Yakubu > 1:2

* EDIT - That to than.

Yes but you forget that five of those were in two games. And heaven forbid should we want a striker who scores hat-tricks and braces.

Alan Young was the first voice in the media pointing out that the King's new clothes were shit - and when they became less shit people got bored of him continuing to point it out.

In other news: modern football is crap, tickets are too much, friendlies are pointless and foreign owners are killing the game along with Sky & daft wages.

Last edited:
Polite request to player threads posters:

Not all of us know who all the players at all the clubs are. A simple Matt Derbyshire, 25, Birmingham City striker will, I am sure, save quite a few people from having to Google to find out who he is.

I'm not here to make your like easier.

Alan Young was the first voice in the media pointing out that the King's new clothes were shit - and when they became less shit people got bored of him continuing to point it out.

In other news: modern football is crap, tickets are too much, friendlies are pointless and foreign owners are killing the game along with Sky & daft wages.

Spot on. Alan Young is laboured and hard work - but unlike most RL commentators he does have a knowledge of the game and LCFC.

On Matt Derbyshire: he is a dud rather than as someone stated a potential "awesome" signing - 13 League appearances for Birmingham - zero goals. 11 League appearances for Plymouth - zero goals.

Who knows what deals are being set up at the Walkers - but if this one provesto have any substance then it will tend to confirm the huge gap between the ambitious talk and the reality. Let's hope this is just agent generated nonsense.

Spot on. Alan Young is laboured and hard work - but unlike most RL commentators he does have a knowledge of the game and LCFC.

On Matt Derbyshire: he is a dud rather than as someone stated a potential "awesome" signing - 13 League appearances for Birmingham - zero goals. 11 League appearances for Plymouth - zero goals.

Who knows what deals are being set up at the Walkers - but if this one provesto have any substance then it will tend to confirm the huge gap between the ambitious talk and the reality. Let's hope this is just agent generated nonsense.

Most of his appearances for Birmingham were off the bench, but he can score goals in the PL - he scored 10 for Blackburn as a bit part player. You've also decided to omit the fact that he scored 11 goals in 26 games for Olympiakos - not far off one every two games. I stand by my original opinion that this would be a great signing and Derbyshire is more than good enough for the Championship.

Most of his appearances for Birmingham were off the bench, but he can score goals in the PL - he scored 10 for Blackburn as a bit part player. You've also decided to omit the fact that he scored 11 goals in 26 games for Olympiakos - not far off one every two games. I stand by my original opinion that this would be a great signing and Derbyshire is more than good enough for the Championship.

Whoa, whoa, whoa Indie, you're doing this all wrong.

What you have to do is be negative towards a potential signing and write him off before he even steps on the pitch for us. Obviously, if he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip anywhere else then he must be crap. Shame on you.

C-
Must do better.

Whoa, whoa, whoa Indie, you're doing this all wrong.

What you have to do is be negative towards a potential signing and write him off before he even steps on the pitch for us. Obviously, if he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip anywhere else then he must be crap. Shame on you.

C-
Must do better.

:icon_bigg

I do find it annoying that the second anything which could remotely be construed as bad, or even indifferent news, occurs the likes of Redditch and Western Road are crawling over the threads wallowing in it. :bang:

In regards to Young. As a former player and "straight talker" I can see how he could be appealing early on.

His criticism of players of certain style and absolute distrust of any player with a foreign background became obvious at a later stage and served as evidence of a seemingly bitter and reductive man.

Ricardo, van Aanholt, yak, Bamba and Bruma were all earmarked for criticism and it seemed he attributed much of that to their origins as people. Not on really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669