Mattock 7 figure bid turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know in football. Arsenal paid out silly money for Walcott (Is it any wonder why Wenger hardly buys English players? His record so far is incredibly bad when he does...)

You never know in football. Arsenal paid out silly money for Walcott (Is it any wonder why Wenger hardly buys English players? His record so far is incredibly bad when he does...)

they also gambled on Pennant and Jeffers at a young age

I can't believe how most of these posts are concerned with the appropriate selling price for JM. Personally I'm ambitious for us to accumulate a valuable squad rather than a valuable bank account. Have I stumbled across an accountants' forum by mistake?

I can't believe how most of these posts are concerned with the appropriate selling price for JM. Personally I'm ambitious for us to accumulate a valuable squad rather than a valuable bank account. Have I stumbled across an accountants' forum by mistake?

Nail head hit....

In my opinion (yes, I know I shouldn't have one because I don't go to the matches) we shouldn't even consider selling Mattock until we have at least two left backs in the squad that are consistently playing better than him. He's still young and seems loyal. Keep him here I say. :102:

erhh the reason is because there's no point in selling JM for 2million because i doubt we would be able to pick up a good enough replacement left back. However if we were to sell for 5 million we could probably buy a quality GK and a new left back. Thus improving the squad; I would have thought that was obvious. Who gives a crap about money in the bank.

(Presuming that any money that we get for JM would be put back into the team of course)

So it was West Ham that made the bid!!

I could see him going there, I doubt they would want him for their reserves so he'll probably play every week

I could see him going there, I doubt they would want him for their reserves so he'll probably play every week

They've got Konchesky and McCartney, really doubt he'd play every week. He might get the odd game before the end of the season but not many.

They've got Konchesky and McCartney, really doubt he'd play every week. He might get the odd game before the end of the season but not many.

Is he the brother of the one who moved to Fulham last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669