Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
emergency loan, hesky lol ????

I don`t think the FA will see this as an emergency as we have another 5 strikers that can play there.

I don`t think the FA will see this as an emergency as we have another 5 strikers that can play there.

Although it's called an 'emergency loan' it doesn't have to be in response to a real emergency :icon_lol:

We can actually sign anyone we want

I love this talk of a loan signing: we have numerous strikers, this is a time to see if any of them are capable of stepping up to the plate and if not, we need to be ditching them in the summer.

Furthermore, please tell me why any club would be putting out to loan an experienced striker guaranteed to score more than our current crop.

I love this talk of a loan signing: we have numerous strikers, this is a time to see if any of them are capable of stepping up to the plate and if not, we need to be ditching them in the summer.

Furthermore, please tell me why any club would be putting out to loan an experienced striker guaranteed to score more than our current crop.

I disagree.

Question 1. Are you a good enough stiker to play for leicester city?

Question 2. Are you a good enough striker to replace matt fryatt?

These two questions are completly different.Just because if kermorgant or waghorn arn't as good as fryatt does not mean they should be replaced.

Waghorn at Sunderland would be a good player to get on loan..........oh, hold on a minute.................

There's no need to talking or thinking in terms of 'emergency' - the loan window was only closed for a week and Football League clubs have been able to borrow players again since Monday.

In any case, emergency loans normally only involve goalkeepers; outfield players are considered to be versatile and interchangeable.

I disagree.

Question 1. Are you a good enough stiker to play for leicester city?

Question 2. Are you a good enough striker to replace matt fryatt?

These two questions are completly different.Just because if kermorgant or waghorn arn't as good as fryatt does not mean they should be replaced.

I did not mean to imply that they had to be Fryatt clones but, I think it is time that Kermorgant started to find the back of the net.

In Waghorn's case, he has scored pretty consistently from limited opportunities and it would be worth seeing what he can do when given a run.

My main point was that I do not see us getting anybody better than the players that we have by taking another loan signing.

Although it's called an 'emergency loan' it doesn't have to be in response to a real emergency :icon_lol:

That wasn`t the way i understood it, I thought it had to be an emergency and that the FA had to agree to it being just that otherwise anyone can sign anyone.

The maximum number of loan signings allowed in a 16-man match squad is five. And the maximum stay as an emergency loan signing is 93 days.

I did not mean to imply that they had to be Fryatt clones but, I think it is time that Kermorgant started to find the back of the net.

In Waghorn's case, he has scored pretty consistently from limited opportunities and it would be worth seeing what he can do when given a run.

My main point was that I do not see us getting anybody better than the players that we have by taking another loan signing.

i agree but i think he is injured at the minute

Maybe we'll see Gallagher play as a striker now? I wouldn't be overly distraught at seeing a front two or three from Gallagher, Waghorn, N'Guessan, Howard and Kermorgant.

The last thing we wanted was Fryatt out for a lengthy spell but I don't think the situation calls for getting DJ back, and who would we be able to get in on loan at this point that would improve on those five? I doubt there are many proven scorers at this level available for loan at the moment.

It's a bugger, but that's why we have a squad. Let's see if it's any good...

Can't agree with that !

Take his goals and movement out and we are no long playoff contenders maybe.

Pearson will HAVE to get someone in on loan now, no question about it.

What a terrible night of football :icon_cry:

obviously not this season now most of it has been played, but seeing as he has scored a third of our goals this season, i can't see us maintaining play off form, i imagine it will be more akin to relegation. Our defence is great but we know to well that means sod all.

Bottom line is we don't score enough goals as it is, only 31 in the league all reason, so losing a player that scores at least one out of every 3 we score will have quite a big impact. As i say though, hopefully waggy can step up to the plate but that old donkey howard will play instead.

There's no need to talking or thinking in terms of 'emergency' - the loan window was only closed for a week and Football League clubs have been able to borrow players again since Monday.

In any case, emergency loans normally only involve goalkeepers; outfield players are considered to be versatile and interchangeable.

That certainly used to be the case, but didn't we originally sign Oakley and Howard on 'emergency' deals?

Phillips keeps his options open

Kevin Phillips has revealed he will consider quitting Birmingham if he gets offered regular football elsewhere.

Bottom line is we don't score enough goals as it is, only 31 in the league all reason, so losing a player that scores at least one out of every 3 we score will have quite a big impact.

I am sure that we all agree that losing Fryatt is something we would have preferred to avoid but, from what I've seen (TV matches only) and heard (RL commentaries), I am not convinced that the paucity of goals is strictly the strikers' fault: we do not create enough opening for them.

That wasn`t the way i understood it, I thought it had to be an emergency and that the FA had to agree to it being just that otherw*s* anyone can sign anyone.

The maximum number of loan signings allowed in a 16-man match squad is five. And the maximum stay as an emergency loan signing is 93 days.

Why do you continue to talk about ordinary loans in these terms? What you are talking about is not 'emergency loans', which is something completely different.

And what is a "16-man match squad"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670