May only be the first game, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
Looking at the latest scores we could well be Bottom tonight,so the only way is up :)

we are bottom now as it stands

I thought Fryatt was poor, as was Hume. Personally I felt that COG and Elvis were miles better. Yea Kenton had a good match and williams had a few good free kicks but Luton came out of the traps much quicker than we did. They ran at us, made space and ultimatly punished us for what appeared to be lack of fitness/fight/determination/skill.

I think we will do better against Burnley on tuesday night - and on a positive note THEIR SECOND GOAL WAS MILES OFFSIDE.

Last edited:
Fox Fan said:
I thought Fryatt was poor, as was Hume. Personally I felt that COG and Elvis were miles better. Yea Kenton had a good match and williams had a few good free kicks but Luton came out of the traps much quicker than we did. They ran at us, made space and ultimatly punished us for what appeared to be lack of fitness/fight/determination/skill.

I think we will do better against Burnley on tuesday night - and on a positive note THEIR SECOND GOAL WAS MILES OFFSIDE.
Stearman played it to the forward, it can't have been offside

Fox Fan said:

you dont understand off side do you? Watch it again, watch it slowly and tell us again what you saw

Boy Genius said:
you dont understand off side do you? Watch it again, watch it slowly and tell us again what you saw
Beat ya

Hammond still runs around like a headless Chicken IMo,he doesn't seem to have any positional sense.

highland fox said:
Early days but I just wonder about RK's dealings in the transfer market although he did have to make do with Freebies

Surely it's too early to judge. As has been said elsewhere, too much depression already after too much pre-season optimism.

glyn said:
Surely it's too early to judge. As has been said elsewhere, too much depression already after too much pre-season optimism.

There was nay optimism from me, i'm always a miserable, down heartened bastard about Leicester.

Problem is the pressure is really on the team and manager now, tuesday will now be a game where the performance and result have to improve dramatically and that can add additional pressure and cause the players and manager to become anxious and force more errors.

It may well be an over reaction to what is the first game of the season, but I think today has set the nerves jangling that we could be in for a similar season to last, and I think the nature of the defeat has further highlighted the gaps in the squad that had been causing concern throughout the close season (the left hand side).

glyn said:

No optimism from me:)

I would actually suggest you watch it again. From the Goal kick the Luton player who headed it was offside.

Fox Fan said:
I thought Fryatt was poor, as was Hume. Personally I felt that COG and Elvis were miles better.

I can see a worrying bandwaggon starting about Elvis and COG. They did OK but got more of the ball and hardly set the place alight. I dread to think how many people will turn against Kelly, Fryatt, Hume, Williams etc if we don't win on Tuesday :icon_roll :icon_roll

Bring on Elvis, will be the cry, until he starts a game and proves he's still not good enough for the Championship.

Yea Kenton had a good match

I actually thought Kenton had a poor match as did the rest of the back 4. I was nervous everytime Luton got into the final third. And the fact that Nissa was cacking himself about that Barnett guy at corners was scary, the guy is supposed to be experienced!

I think Kenton was ok actually, he won the ball on a few occasions and attempted once or twice to bring the ball foward with a slight bit of purpose, more than the rest of the back four did.

Fox Fan said:
I would actually suggest you watch it again. From the Goal kick the Luton player who headed it was offside.

tell him Melton, put him right, he dont understand offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669