Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to some extent Melts, and he could prove to be the WBA Megson and not the other one, but....

MA - unknown quantity but could have been promising
GM - busted flush

MA - a bit too personable
GM - a bit too fecking dour :icon_conf

MA - did pretty well in previous jobs
GM - did terribly in previous job and has been out of work ever since

It just depends on which way you spin it...

MA failed to win promotion with MK Dons who had the highest wage budget in the league - hardly a fantastic achievement.

I agree to some extent Melts, and he could prove to be the WBA Megson and not the other one, but....

MA - unknown quantity but could have been promising
GM - busted flush

MA - a bit too personable
GM - a bit too fecking dour :icon_conf

MA - did pretty well in previous jobs
GM - did terribly in previous job and has been out of work ever since

How about

MA2 = Twat
GM = Even bigger twat

Likewise, I agree Megson isn't a personality.

I believe we'll see the West Brom Megson as opposed to Forest one, I don't know, I just believe with the right support he'll do well again.

He's not the Messiah, but he's not a naughty boy either. I'll wait and see.

:icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol: Off the top of my head, Tyson (675k), Breckin (350k), Dobie (500k), Grant Holt, (300k), Clingan (Undisc), Bennett (Undic), Gary Holt, Dadi. He brought Melville, Powell on loan. Probably a few more as well

Well I wouldn't say that's a tremendous amount of cash, certainly not the amount and quality of player he'll have to work with here. A lot of people on here are blaming Megson for your relegation. You were a sinking ship long before he came as far as I remember. Fair enough, he did nothing the following season, but as everyone knows from experiences here, it can take a long time to change a losing mentality at a club, even if you change some of the squad.

I said it way back in the thread, and I stick to it; his time at Brom is the best gauge of the man, as he had a similar squad and it was in this league. He took them up twice and they played some fantastic football at times.

I'm not forcing myself to get behind him. I think it's an ok choice and that he has a very good chance of being very successful here.

Well I wouldn't say that's a tremendous amount of cash, certainly not the amount and quality of player he'll have to work with here. A lot of people on here are blaming Megson for your relegation. You were a sinking ship long before he came as far as I remember. Fair enough, he did nothing the following season, but as everyone knows from experiences here, it can take a long time to change a losing mentality at a club, even if you change some of the squad.

I said it way back in the thread, and I stick to it; his time at Brom is the best gauge of the man, as he had a similar squad and it was in this league. He took them up twice and they played some fantastic football at times.

I'm not forcing myself to get behind him. I think it's an ok choice and that he has a very good chance of being very successful here.

:038::038:

Mr Melton you just like having an opposite opinion to everyone else to cause a bit of friction and debate dont you? With MA everyone was well up for it but to you he was a twat straight away. Now we have Megson who you really do know is a crap cnut but just to be different you have to be seen as the one who disagrees with everyone else. Is it so you can see how many of the kiddies change there mind once the big melts posts so you can feel the big man of the forum!!!

This isnt a shot at you, just something i've picked up - am i right??!!

thanku bren....4 having mor than the 1 brain cell unlike sum of the muppets on here....

The irony in that sentence is great.

You are either a genius or an imbecile.

So wot iz it r u takin da piss?

oh not another 1...sing along clap along supporter who does the mexican wave....think that makes u the cnut
:081: Aha, you got the wrong bloke mate.

I don't sing or join in any of that shit, I'm not a blinkered fan and I have always been one of the most critical of this club.

If you're going to insult somebody, research who you're insulting otherwise you'll just make yourself look like a bigger cnut than you already are doing.

Mr Melton you just like having an opposite opinion to everyone else to cause a bit of friction and debate dont you? With MA everyone was well up for it but to you he was a twat straight away. Now we have Megson who you really do know is a crap cnut but just to be different you have to be seen as the one who disagrees with everyone else. Is it so you can see how many of the kiddies change there mind once the big melts posts so you can feel the big man of the forum!!!

This isnt a shot at you, just something i've picked up - am i right??!!

You sound remarkably like SWWG :icon_wink

with MA everyone was well up for it but to you he was a twat straight away.
And I was right, hence my opinions.

If you're going to highlight my opinions, make sure they're proved bad ones first FFS.

Last edited:
Where in my post did I mention a managerial dream team ???

And what proof that it would result in league 1 football ???

I didn't say you did, it was me who mentioned managerial dream team, I wasn't being serious I assure you.

Of course I have no proof, but ex-players with no managerial experience being given the job purely because they are ex-players to try & appease gullible fans is a recipe for absolute disaster.

I didn't say you did, it was me who mentioned managerial dream team, I wasn't being serious I assure you.

Of course I have no proof, but ex-players with no managerial experience being given the job purely because they are ex-players to try & appease gullible fans is a recipe for absolute disaster.

Fair do's Macky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00