Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

I wouldn't have chosen GM had I been given the responsibilty, and I was disappointed last night when I heard about it.

But, I think he could do it, so long as we get the West Brom Megson and not the Forest one I think he'll be a good Manager.

However, I'm only about 75% convinced, time will tell.

at the end of the day hes been out of work for over 12months...that tells us all we need to know and hes got ginger hair.... end of

I was quite taken by the 4-1 demolition of top-of-the-table Watford. How stupid of me.

:081: That could be described as... charitable...

Whereas you are clearly talking 100% truth and common sense :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :038:

you are thousands of miles away, and his interviews were just mind numbing, it made you feel as if you wanted to distance yourself from him, he was a tosser and I said that from the start.

Why didn't we keep CL on, afterall we had just finished Spurs off a week or so earlier. You know as well as me he was finished for things behind the scenes.

and yes I am 100% right......:icon_bigg

and hes got ginger hair.... end of
If you're happy to lose an argument and make yourself look a complete cock right there, then I'm happy too.

So I'll accept your "end of" and you can be on your merry way.

Could some of the Megson fan club please explain why they were not promoting him BEFORE he was appointed? His name came up almost as soon as Allen was ejected - and dismissed as a joke in all the posts that I saw.
I am not going to rubbish Megson; he is our manager but I find the difference between Allen and Megson disturbing. Milan knew what sort of manager we needed and appointed Allen. We do not know what went wrong, but Milan decides to change. Megson is not different in one or two aspects, he is as near to the antithesis of Allen as it is possible to find.

Megson plays kick and rush football on the whole and we were just starting to knock it around quite nicely. Shite appointment IMO.

Duzza, it really does not matter how we play, as long as we fecking win.

Megson plays kick and rush football on the whole and we were just starting to knock it around quite nicely. Shite appointment IMO.

:038::038:

Hardly one that sets the pulse racing, I mean his last achievement was getting one of our main rivals relegated to the third tier for the first time in their entire history!!

Not sure if the City shirt will be traveling to Spain with me anymore :(

Could some of the Megson fan club please explain why they were not promoting him BEFORE he was appointed? His name came up almost as soon as Allen was ejected - and dismissed as a joke in all the posts that I saw.
I am not going to rubbish Megson; he is our manager but I find the difference between Allen and Megson disturbing. Milan knew what sort of manager we needed and appointed Allen. We do not know what went wrong, but Milan decides to change. Megson is not different in one or two aspects, he is as near to the antithesis of Allen as it is possible to find.

its not a case of there being a fan club, its a case of he is the new manager, and we have to go along with it, or not go to the matches. Its dead simple really

Duzza, it really does not matter how we play, as long as we fecking win.

You could also argue that it doesn't matter what methods the manager uses (talking about MA here) as long as we win. Which we were doing.

:038::038:

Hardly one that sets the pulse racing, I mean his last achievement was getting one of our main rivals relegated to the third tier for the first time in their entire history!!

Not sure if the City shirt will be traveling to Spain with me anymore :(

Having worn mine here in Tenerife on wednesday I would advise against it :)

I think he has when he's had to. You can't say that West Brom always played long ball when they were up. But if it's what will get us up, like our last promotion, you need to play in a style that suits, be it long ball or not.

Everyone told me MA was long ball before he came here. What happened there then? You play the style according to the tools available. Clichéd yet true.

but if we are going to lose, I would rather we were entertaining at least, unlike the last 4 or 5 seasons

You could also argue that it doesn't matter what methods the manager uses (talking about MA here) as long as we win. Which we were doing.

winning is everything, I could watch boring football all day as long as we won.
If we played good top class football and lost all the while I would hate it.

MA was sacked for non football reasons

Having worn mine here in Tenerife on wednesday I would advise against it :)

I am just in fear of bumping into any F*r*st fans whilst there.

I have absolutely nothing to counter argue against the fact that we have just made one of the most disappointing appointments in a very long time at the time when we are meant to be going places! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00