Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick McCarthy left Sunderland with his reputation somewhat tarnished and yet he has gone to Wolves, which at the time was not overly welcomed by the supporters, much in the same way Megson has been greeted here, and yet he has done a decent job at Molinieux and appears to be rebuilding his
profile and reputation.

Last edited:
Have to admit that I was extremely disappointed to see this last night. I suppose we should thank heaven for small mercies and that Roeder isn't here.

I know Megson has succeeded at this level before and you can see for the most part adoration from West Brom fans and when Forest took him on I feared he'd be a good appointment for them.

Maybe his time at Forest was his one bad period and that would make any success he has here all the funnier but I remain disappointed nonetheless.

Gary Megson's Blue and White Army fills me with dread. I'm just praying with every fibre of my body he proves us wrong gets us up and then we can kick him out in the summer and get a decent manager in. :icon_bigg

It's making me wonder whether I even want to go to Nottingham on Tuesday. The first half of the first game was embarrassing enough; this one now has the potential for absolute disaster. If we don't get the right result this time, we will never be able to look a F!"£$t fan in the eye again.

I'm sure I'm taking you too literally, but isn't this a bit of 'fair weather' supporting? You have to support your team thru thick and thin, bad and good times, and even when they are lead by someone it appears a little 'uncool' to see at least a glimmer of hope with. Ginger or not.

I have to say we are a fecking fussy, hard to please bunch.

Many of us complained that Allen was unproven when appointed.

Now we have appointed a manager with a record of achieving promotion at this level and guess what, we still ain't fecking happy.

Lets get behind the team, chairman and manager and you never know they may all just prove us feckers wrong.

Now we have appointed a manager with a record of achieving promotion at this level and guess what, we still ain't fecking happy.

Lets get behind the team, chairman and manager and you never know they may all just prove us feckers wrong.

But we can't get behind the manager Steve, he's got ginger hair ffs :icon_roll people can't see what he did at WBA, only his time at Forest is relevant :icon_roll

It's making me wonder whether I even want to go to Nottingham on Tuesday. The first half of the first game was embarrassing enough; this one now has the potential for absolute disaster. If we don't get the right result this time, we will never be able to look a F!"£$t fan in the eye again.

I just text my brother saying how much I am pleased not be be going to the replay, I am glad to be a fair few hundred miles away from it all when it happens.

If we play anything like that first half this time, then I wouldn't be surprised to hear a few Megson out chants at half time.

As I said, I will not be taking my City shirt on holiday in fear of bumping into a Forest fan as I would have nothing to come back at them with. :(

He also has a much more recent record of getting relegated at this level - followed by a period of eighteen months where no team in the land would touch the tosser with a ten foot feckin' barge pole

Maybe that's why some of 'ain't fecking happy' :icon_roll

He also has a much more recent record of getting relegated at this level - followed by a period of eighteen months where no team in the land would touch the tosser with a ten foot feckin' barge pole

He took over at NF when they were well and truly gone already homer, so the relegation from this league is a bit of a harsh add on.

Quite, the most recent one played for f0r£$t.

But he wasn't a F!"£$t-failure/reject. And, as I have already said elsewhere, even he had his initial difficulties with the Filbert Street Faithful.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article2442293.ece

Gary Megson will end months of frustration today by being appointed the new manager of Leicester City, the Coca-Cola Championship club, and so becoming the fourth manager of Milan Mandaric’s seven-month reign.

Mandaric had targeted Billy Davies and Iain Dowie as a successor to Martin Allen, but has failed to tempt them away from Derby County and Coventry City respectively. Megson, who has been out of work since leaving Nottingham Forest in February last year, impressed Mandaric in a three-hour interview yesterday and is expected to be given a three-year deal.

Megson led West Bromwich Albion to the top flight twice in three seasons and Mandaric believes that he is the best man to meet his target of promotion. Megson, 48, will bring in Frank Burrows as his assistant, and is expected to name Gerry Taggart as first-team coach. Ex-Leicester stars Matt Elliott and Muzzy Izzet may also be given roles on the coaching staff.

Megson is set to sit in the stands for the visit of QPR this Saturday but will be in the dug-out on Tuesday - at Forest for the Carling Cup replay.

Interesting..........

Cynical ploy to mollify the fans. :icon_roll

Who here thinks/or can confirm Megson and Tags will be in charge for the QPR game? :102:

Megson will, but not Taggs, he's on holiday.

This from the Mercury

The appointment comes, as Mandaric wanted, in time to pick up the Championship campaign when QPR visit the Walkers Stadium on Saturday, City having steadied themselves after their opening-day setback with two draws and a win.

And the City chairman said: “I think Gary has the experience and ability to do the job for us.

“He is a straight, honest guy who impressed me in the talks we had. You can look him straight in the eye and what you see is what you get, a strong personality who can take us forward.

“I didn't want to wait too long for more of the season to pass by, and I hope the fans appreciate my decision and that they will give him their full support.”

Burrows and Taggart, on holiday at the moment, will join up later but Megson, who was scheduled to be formally announced at lunchtime today, will go straight into action with a clear aim.

He said: “Setting up momentum in this division is important, and you do that by winning.”

When he took over the Trees they were already pretty much dead and buried !!

Just give him a chance FFS

Whenever he takes over, be it Saturday or Tuesday, just don't expect too much by way of a result, remind me again, how long ago was it that a new City manager won his first game in charge??

Last edited:
He took over at NF when they were well and truly gone already homer, so the relegation from this league is a bit of a harsh add on.

He took over in January so he had almost half a season to turn it around. :102:

Also, he did a great job at getting them back to this level didn't he? :102:

I bet that Forest had the biggest budget in League 1 as well just like MA2 had at MKDons when he failed in the play-offs.

When he took over the Trees they were already pretty much dead and buried !!

Just give him a chance FFS

No - Why should i? I dont like him - like MM didnt like MA and he didnt give him a chance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00