Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took over in January so he had almost half a season to turn it around. :102:

Also, he did a great job at getting them back to this level didn't he? :102:

I bet that Forest had the biggest budget in League 1 as well just like MA2 had at MKDons when he failed in the play-offs.

And a big budget is all it takes to create success yes. Very well thought thru.

I think you'll find Kinnear had crucified every last vestige of confidence in a side that had talent, and it was a big job to turn it round, whoever took it on. THe next season can't be argued. He failed them, but there are many reasons for a lack of success, huge budget or not.

No - Why should i? I dont like him - like MM didnt like MA but he didnt give him much of a chance

If that was the case he would never have appointed him in the first place. MA had his chance and, for whatever reason, blew it.

MA is/ history. Get over it and move on.

If that was the case he would never have appointed him in the first place. MA had his chance and, for whatever reason, blew it.

MA is/ history. Get over it and move on.

I can't - i think i fell for him

I bet that Forest had the biggest budget in League 1 as well just like MA2 had at MKDons when he failed in the play-offs.

A big budget is not always a passport to success. Peter Taylor being a prime example.

The three year deal could include the step up to Director of Football at an agreed time.

Burrows will remain as Assistant Manager if and when Taggs steps up to the Managers role to provide some experience to the backroom team.

Long term I think the structure will be as follows :

D of F - Megson

Manager - Taggart

Asst Man - Burrows

First Team Coaches - Elliott & Izzet

How did you manage to dream that up? Is the whole of your life a fantasy?

And a big budget is all it takes to create success yes. Very well thought thru.

I was using the budget as a comparison to MA2.

People are saying that they knew MA2 was not good enough for us as he had failed at MK Dons despite spending a lot more money than any other team.

If these people knew that MA2 was not good enough from the off, why do they believe GM to be any better?? :102:

I think you'll find Kinnear had crucified every last vestige of confidence in a side that had talent, and it was a big job to turn it round, whoever took it on. THe next season can't be argued. He failed them, but there are many reasons for a lack of success, huge budget or not.

So are you saying that GM is not a very good motivator then?

What were the reasons for the lack of success??

Stowell wasn't an all time Leicester great who had actually won things here like Taggs. Makes a difference. Taggs pointing to his badge means something, the likes of Stowell trying it means SFA.
Yes it means fcuk all

It means the same as when he pointed to his Stoke badge when we played them up there.

A big budget is not always a passport to success. Peter Taylor being a prime example.

A prime example of what? A shit manager?

So from your reasoning, we have appointed a shit manager. Great. :icon_roll

Well he took Forest over when they were in the relegation zone after a period of instability going back through Kinnear's rein etc. I think one main reason is that it's not always easy to change the mentality of a team, even if you add new faces, as the old one's tend to still let the side down and lack in confidence.

It's as ludicrous to expect a manager to turn a situation like that round in one season as it is to expect a manager to guarantee you promotion if you throw cash at him.

Last edited:
I was using the budget as a comparison to MA2.

People are saying that they knew MA2 was not good enough for us as he had failed at MK Dons despite spending a lot more money than any other team.

If these people knew that MA2 was not good enough from the off, why do they believe GM to be any better?? :102:

MA2 Has not got one promotion season on his CV and that has been mainly spent in the lower leagues, Megson on the other hand has achieved promotion from this very league twice, with a club that is similar in size and resources, enough reason for me to be more positive about GM's chances over MA2

Well he took Forest over when they were in the relegation zone after a period of instability going back through Kinnear's rein etc. I think one main reason is that it's not always easy to change the mentality of a team, even if you add new faces, as the old one's tend to still let the side down and lack in confidence.

It's as ludicrous to expect a manager to turn a situation like that round in one season as it is to expect a manager to guarantee you promotion if you throw cash at him.

Which is exactly what MM expects........

"If I am anything, I am a Sheffield Wednesday person, not a Forest person."

I bet he does not realise that will not endear him to the cleefoxes!:biggrin:
(Like he'll be bothered eh?) :icon_wink

Just a point about Taggs - he was coaching at Stoke for a while and did act as assistant for a while. I know that's not much experience, but at least he does have some.

Well he took Forest over when they were in the relegation zone after a period of instability going back through Kinnear's rein etc. .

Bit like Rob Kelly, then

So maybe we should have appointed him ?

It's GARY FECKIN' MEGSON FFS

He's a useless washed out feckin' tosser, and the "give him a chance" brigade are out in force

Unreal

Bit like Rob Kelly, then

So maybe we should have appointed him ?

It's GARY FECKIN' MEGSON FFS

He's a useless washed out feckin' tosser, and the "give him a chance" brigade are out in force

Unreal

And the "Hang him before he has even started" brigrade are out in equal measure :icon_lol:

Which is exactly what MM expects........

Well that we will see. He certainly expects respect from his manager. And he needs to see signs of continual improvement. MM said three seasons, but I agree, I doubt MM will give megson more than this one if we don't make the playoffs.

If we do, and don't go up, I can see him staying for the following season, which probably won't get said by the majority on here.

Last edited:
Well that we will see. He certainly expects respect from his manager. And he needs to see signs of continual improvement. MM said three season, but I agree, I doubt MM will give megson more than this one if we don't make the playoffs.

If we do, and don't go up, I can see him staying for the following season, which probably won't get said by the majority on here.

He needs **** all from his manager apart from him to deliver a winning team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00