Megson - Your Opinion

Megson - Opinion

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
OK, here's a poll that we can bring up again at a later date.

I'm sure if Megson does well there will be the "I wasn't against Megson in the first place" brigade shouting from the rooftops and vice versa.

So, in favour or not:

****in' hell, yet another thread about the new manager!! When will this shit end!! Bloody not rights :icon_roll ;)

Last edited:
There's never a bloody appropriate option for my opinion :icon_roll

Where's the "Anybody With Ginger Hair Is OK By Me" :102:

At 10,000+, we've already established that :102:

:icon_lol:

Should have made the poll public Melts so we can see who voted for what.

I voted honestly that I am unsure but leaning towards against as I am hardy thrilled by the fact the he is manager. However, that doesn't mean I would be pissed off if he was to start doing well, and please feel free to bring this thread back in a couple of months to prove me wrong, but I very much doubt that that will be the case...

:icon_roll

Never used to have to click on the number to see who voted for what.

I see I am the only one to admit that I am against it so far, pretty surprising really considering the route the other thread is taking.

I see I am the only one to admit that I am against it so far, pretty surprising really considering the route the other thread is taking.

I was about to vote the same as yourself, but decided to put my positive head on instead.

Mandarics Blue and white army

he's blue in the face of criticism

and I'm white with shock

one man I never gave serious consideration to ..after his florist fiasco

I was about to vote the same as yourself, but decided to put my positive head on instead.

I like to be proved wrong you see. However, in this case, unfortunately, I doubt I will be. :(

If hes still here by xmas we will be , still here next May and we would have had a good season, worried he usually operates defensive teams but dont know that much about him, comes across in the media as very drab, has he ever signed any decent players?
He has a decent squad to work with so if he is any good we should do ok.

I'm not against Megson - I just think his appointment is a reflection on the current pulling power of the club and the chairman...and that it is will end in tears.

like most not sure - but as he's here got to give him a fair go (was going to say fair crack of the whip but I know how you lot would treat that phrase!)

Must add that I reckon Taggs will be good - put some backbone into the defence.

If you look at his record at West Brom then it looks an outstanding appointment.

If you look at Forest then it would appear a poor decision.

However there are very few if any managers who don't have at least one blemish on their CV.

If you look at Megson's record then in fairness we have not faired too badly the problem is with some of the names that were being linked in the media it had raised expectation and hope that we would appoint a big name, big reputation manager and the subsequent appointment of Megson has therefore been met with some level of disappointment, when in reality he is quite possibly as good as we could probably attract.

Must add that I reckon Taggs will be good - put some backbone into the defence.

You do realise he's just coaching, not actually playing? ;)

No mention of Muzzy or Elliott in the Merc's story.

I voted undecided, but leaning towards against. His last job he was crap, and has been out of work for 18 months since then, and I'm sure that's not all through his own choice.
But if you look before that, he did do a good job with West Brom - although even then they fired him as well.
His record at West Brom makes me think it could be good, but in the 3 years since he left them there's been nothing at all to say this would be a good appointment.
I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think he is the man for us, and I don't think he'll last until the end of the season. Hopefully I am wrong though. Regardless of that opinion though, I'll still be behind him and the team and hope he is a big success here.

Last edited:
The truth is that non of us know how this will work out, the odds are against this being a success, that's obvious, but we are all City fans and need to stick with it (again).
I still believe we are in a better position than we were a year ago with RK, when we had no chance.

I just find a unlikeable bloke - I hope that doesn't follow onto the football pitch.

I am willing to be 'taken over' and I so want it to happen but any attempt at me looking into the future looks cloudy.

If you look at his record at West Brom then it looks an outstanding appointment.

If you look at Forest then it would appear a poor decision.

However there are very few if any managers who don't have at least one blemish on their CV.

If you look at Megson's record then in fairness we have not faired too badly the problem is with some of the names that were being linked in the media it had raised expectation and hope that we would appoint a big name, big reputation manager and the subsequent appointment of Megson has therefore been met with some level of disappointment, when in reality he is quite possibly as good as we could probably attract.

Think we may need you to revert to your former username, mate.

I'm unsure, however, I will give him a chance and judge him (as we all should) on his results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669