Megson - Your Opinion

Megson - Opinion

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've voted for (even though I do not like him) because he is our manager and I will not boo him just because of that. He deserves to be given a chance to do his job. Then boo him if he fails. :biggrin: :icon_wink

Last edited:
Unsure but leaning towards the positive.

He's done it twice, he can do it again.

I'm worried about him upsetting players though.

Could be worse. I'm still bizarrely open to the idea of Mandaric cutting the crap and appointing himself though. Which he eventually might have to do, as I would imagine that there's a strong possibility of any of the possible scenarios advanced for Allen's departure recurring with Megson.

Last night I felt pissed off at what I thought was a weak appointment. Of all of the names that were banded about, Megson was right near the bottom of my list.

However, after a good nights kippax I have warmed to the idea ever so slightly. Not because I like the bloke nor because of what I have read on here this morning. I have warmed to it purely because we now have a manager and all the rumours that have been floating round for the last couple of weeks can stop. It was doing my fecking head in!

Show some support for Gary Megson's Blue & White Army.

Last night I felt pissed off at what I thought was a weak appointment. Of all of the names that were banded about, Megson was right near the bottom of my list.

However, after a good nights kippax I have warmed to the idea ever so slightly. Not because I like the bloke nor because of what I have read on here this morning. I have warmed to it purely because we now have a manager and all the rumours that have been floating round for the last couple of weeks can stop. It was doing my fecking head in!

Show some support for Gary Megson's Blue & White Army.

Can I assume that your letter of resignation has not been sent then......

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=523370&postcount=130

We must give him a chance IMO.

This sort of remark and, indeed, Allen's, "Born a Leicester fan - die a Leicester fan", idea are very dangerous, in my opinion.
I have been a city supporter for almost 40 years, and, like a lot of you, cannot see that ever changing; however, Megson is hardly the exciting name that is going to bring the uncommited fan through the turnstyle.
Milan talks of the Walkers becoming a 40k stadium. To do that we need to entertain AND win. I hope that I am wrong, but I do not see Garry Megson's Blue & White Army, achieving that - mind you, I didn't think Gary Lineker was ging to make it as a player, so .......

I am shocked that MM would even consider Megson. IMO Megson is very much the same sort of chap to Allen (ego and all) so i dont understand why MM has done this (unless he was the best of a shite lot, which may be the case). On a personal note i live in the west midlands and two of my best mates are WBA season ticket holders and they pretty much hate the bloke.

I voted against but i hope after 5-10 games i can put my hands up and say well done MM good choice. But i doubt it!

I voted against but i hope after 5-10 games i can put my hands up and say well done MM good choice. But i doubt it!

Exactly my position........ I too, am mainly West Midlands based and know Albion people. Megson is not likely to bring much excitement to Leicester and I can't see it being a success.

However, we desparately need an upturn in our fortunes and if Megson delivers then I will be delighted to have got this one wrong.

The unique (for Leicester) situation is that since Milan is the sole owner, he can simply continue to bury his mistakes and start again, but I think he will continue to find it difficult to bring in his first, second, third choices etc.....I wonder how far down the list was Megson this time.

The truth is that non of us know how this will work out, the odds are against this being a success, that's obvious, but we are all City fans and need to stick with it (again).
I still believe we are in a better position than we were a year ago with RK, when we had no chance.

What odds?

This sort of remark and, indeed, Allen's, "Born a Leicester fan - die a Leicester fan", idea are very dangerous, in my opinion.
I have been a city supporter for almost 40 years, and, like a lot of you, cannot see that ever changing; however, Megson is hardly the exciting name that is going to bring the uncommited fan through the turnstyle.
Milan talks of the Walkers becoming a 40k stadium. To do that we need to entertain AND win. I hope that I am wrong, but I do not see Garry Megson's Blue & White Army, achieving that - mind you, I didn't think Gary Lineker was ging to make it as a player, so .......
enough get out clauses in that lot diken :icon_conf

I have a £50 bet on Leicester not being in the top 6 after 10 games.

I think its a great managerial signing :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670