Megson - Your Opinion

Megson - Opinion

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
But obiviously they have a sensibility to disagree with the club with some of it's actions? To support a modern-day football club with all of their decisions would seem silly to me. Fans are constantly being shat on.
in what ways.

i voted for.
the past is history as far as im concerned (is that an oxymoron).people on here keep harping on about what gm has done in the past,some of it memorable and some of it forgetable, but whats important is the future, and the future of lcfc.
the people on here who are trashing this appointment without giving him a chance are not true leicester fans imo,fans maybe, but not true loyal fans.
have your say by all means, but the next time you go through a turnstyle to watch your team in theory you are a hypocrit.
milan is a buisness man and a excelent one at that,hes employed megson to do a job, not to piss some fans off,so i suggest you get behind the chairman and manager and one day you can call yourself a true fan.

If you mean "not true loyal fans" covers those people who are able to exercise some individual judgement then count me in that group.

If we believed everything we have been told by LCFC over the years then we would be astonishingly naive. If we suspended our brains and got excited about an appointment that next to no one would have welcomed a few months ago and said if Milan chose him he must be the right bloke - we would be be really stupid.

Football fans have a collective image of not being the brightest. This is partly the result of the mindless and embarrassing abuse that gets thrown around between rival supporters. Let's try to avoid replicating that behaviour between ourselves. If you and others think that we should applaud the Megson appointment simply because he is the new manager of the club we support then that's perfectly fine but others of us who are highly sceptical will still pay our money, still want the team to win - but are entitled to think this is not a particularly good move.

Season ticket-prices, ticket office feck-up's, loads of free tickets last season, stupid kick-off times with hasty re-arrangements, a £40 shirt, a website with a shocking world service, seating feck-up's on opening day, I could go on........
a few of those points you have a choice ie to buy or not, the others are problems that arise with any large buisness. a bit of patience goes a long way :icon_wink

just to add, lcfc has never 'shat' on me, theyve let me down with some of there displays but thats entertainment

Last edited:
If you mean "not true loyal fans" covers those people who are able to exercise some individual judgement then count me in that group.

If we believed everything we have been told by LCFC over the years then we would be astonishingly naive. If we suspended our brains and got excited about an appointment that next to no one would have welcomed a few months ago and said if Milan chose him he must be the right bloke - we would be be really stupid.

Football fans have a collective image of not being the brightest. This is partly the result of the mindless and embarrassing abuse that gets thrown around between rival supporters. Let's try to avoid replicating that behaviour between ourselves. If you and others think that we should applaud the Megson appointment simply because he is the new manager of the club we support then that's perfectly fine but others of us who are highly sceptical will still pay our money, still want the team to win - but are entitled to think this is not a particularly good move.
your point is a good one,ive said gm wouldnt be my first choice but he gets my support untill such a time that its obvious he has to go.but some people dont just make there point they post and post and post their dissapointment, and a lot of it is down right degrading to say about any human being.the man deserves a chance and i for one will give him that.the past has gone i dont worry about the past,the past offers nothing.

a few of those points you have a choice ie to buy or not, the others are problems that arise with any large buisness. a bit of patience goes a long way :icon_wink

just to add, lcfc has never 'shat' on me, theyve let me down with some of there displays but thats entertainment

Try telling that to MM. :icon_roll

Try telling that to MM. :icon_roll
if he sacked ma on results then i can understand why people would have no patience with mm,but i think it was off the field affairs that brought him down.
i thought ma would be out of his depth when he joined us, but i supported him even though i didnt agree with some of his methods.

Good luck to him. Prepared to give him a chance. Just hope he does as well with us he did with West Brom. Didn't particularly like him, was underwhelmed when linked with us, but hey, the decision is done now, nothing to be gained from berating him or Milan. Let's get behind Milan, Gary and the boys, and get to winning some matches.

He could become a Leicester legend if he gets us promoted after getting Forest relegated!!

Megson Stats: Not that good IMO

................................................................ G W L D Win %
Norwich City December 21, 1995 July 31, 1996..27 5 13 9 18.51
Blackpool July 5, 1996 July 1, 1997.................52 21 16 15 40.38
Stockport County July 1, 1997 June 25, 1999...102 35 40 27 34.31
Stoke City July 14, 1999 November 15, 1999....22 9 6 7 40.90
WBA March 9, 2000 October 26, 2004..............221 94 77 50 42.53
Forest January 10, 2005 February 16, 2006......59 17 24 18 28.81
Leicester City September 13, 2007 Incumbent 0 0 0 0 0

I am undecided leaning towards against. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I would've voted against a few days ago but I voted for ... I think anyone with a sense of humour has to be given a fair go ... I liked his "no, it's a long term contract ... six weeks" line at the start of the interview ... it actually went down a lot better than Milan's "see you in 7 weeks" line at the end ... I'm happy to give him a chance to prove himself ... And I think with the squad we have he will ... :icon_cool

I would've voted against a few days ago but I voted for ... I think anyone with a sense of humour has to be given a fair go ... I liked his "no, it's a long term contract ... six weeks" line at the start of the interview ... it actually went down a lot better than Milan's "see you in 7 weeks" line at the end ... I'm happy to give him a chance to prove himself ... And I think with the squad we have he will ... :icon_cool

One way or the other!!!

I couldn't care less whether the manager has a sense of humour or not. I've rarely seen Sir Alex smile; never seen Roy Keane smile.

The reality is that Milan's hobby is sacking managers every few months and there will have been few 'qualified' candidates willing to take on the job. Megson has been out of work for a long time, was desperate and reaching the point when he would have been out too long to have much of a chance of ever managing again.

So - he was appointed.

The prospects hardly look brilliant but we all hope for the best.

I'm having a surreal day.
I've been ill with some sort of crappy virus thing & have been in bed for 2 days.
3 hours ago I got a text from an ex girlfriend who happens to be a forest fan (yes,alright,I know but there were good reasons OK!?)
It said "HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!...so much for your great leap forward then"
Having not a clue I sent back "what the feck are you on about?"
Back came "check your clubs website"

I am now in the position of being in total shock.It's like I've been out of circulation for 2 weeks not 2 days!
Still,I've read all the posts from the last few hours & have had a chance to calm down (a little) & I've put it into perspective.
Megson? Hadn't even considered him.
Then again...if he'd come here straight after WBA I'd have been thoroughly in favour.3 years is a long time though & I'm less than enthused.I guess it's going to be wait & see (I'm a Leicester fan so that isn't exactly going to be a new experience)
After a bit of thought i've devised a coping strategy.
I have thought of things I've had to put up with during my time as a city fan.
Here's a list (chronological):

1) Watching Derby & Forest win the league 3 times between them as a kid
2) The McLintock season
3) The Cruyff Fiasco
4) Jock Wallace sodding off
5) Lineker leaving
6) David fecking Pleat
7) The week leading up to the Oxford game
8) Wembley '92 & '93
9) Managers fecking off in the 90's
10) O'Neill leaving
11) Wembley '99
12) Various Relegations
13) Wycombe fecking Wanderers/Peter fecking Taylor
14) Finding out that Dave fecking,wanking,cnuting,arseing Bassett was manager of my beautiful club

I have decided that ALL of these things were worse than todays news.That's how I'm coping.
Never forget,we are LCFC fans,coping is what we do!

I thank you (I am available for counselling services for a small fee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669