Pre Match Middlesbrough (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent set of results for us so far.

Cardiff overtaking Southampton in 2nd and 1 point off West Ham on top as it stands.

Also, Cov and Forest bottom 2 right now. :icon_bigg

Stringer just tweeted that a couple of Boro fans turned up asking when the turnstiles would be open :icon_lol:

Now Leeds 1 Brum 4 zigic with all four......

Forest now bottom as Cov 1-0 up at blackpool

Now 14th. A win would take us 12th, ahead of the sheep.

More importantly it would take us to within four points of the play offs. Just close enough for me to get my hopes up and go through the disappointment of accepting the season is over at least once more before May comes around.

I'm actually feeling quite optimistic at the moment. Potentially we have width and pace on from both flanks, with Beckford showing signs of life of late. Pearson has at least brought a bit more balance to the squad, and I think that gives us half a chance. And if not it lays down encouraging foundations for next season.

More importantly it would take us to within four points of the play offs. Just close enough for me to get my hopes up and go through the disappointment of accepting the season is over at least once more before May comes around.

I'm actually feeling quite optimistic at the moment. Potentially we have width and pace on from both flanks, with Beckford showing signs of life of late. Pearson has at least brought a bit more balance to the squad, and I think that gives us half a chance. And if not it lays down encouraging foundations for next season.

As ever, I agree with you, Lee.

I'd probably go:

Schmeichel

Peltier
St. Ledger
Mills
Kennedy

Marshall (provided he is allowed to play)
Danns
Drinkwater
Dyer

Nugent
Beckford

Subs:

Smith
Morgan
Konchesky
Gallagher
Wellens
Delfouneso
Hopper

I think Konchesky has gone off the boil a bit in the last two or three games and Kennedy has at least looked competent the little I've seen of him. It's probably time to see what Pearson saw in him when he signed him. I've heard only good things from a Bury supporting friend of mine, although his time there is going back a bit now. I'd be a bit happier with Dyer on the left he he could kick a ball, but he's all we have and at least his pace and directness stretches opposition defences.

I fancy us to win tomorrow. Middlesbrough's form has gone and hopefully the extra day's rest will help us. I would also hope our recent run of wins has boosted our own confidence a fair bit.

Last edited:
I think he'll go for:

Schmeichel

Peltier
St Ledger
Mills
Konchesky

Drinkwater
Danns
Wellens
Marshall

Nugent
Beckford

Drinkwater and Marshall in for Gally and Dyer. Same bench that we used against Soton except Hopper for Howard

Why put Hopper in when we have a Premier League striker doing nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669