Milan Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he said all the right things and was very smooth but this has surely gotta be great for the club. We have been crying out for this kind of investment for so long. IMO i didn't think we would see the prem again very a very long time but at least this guy gives us some hope

If the board turn down his offer there will be uproar and rightly so. All of the knights in shining armour could be exposed as just trying to make a profit. Come on City do the right thing!!

If MM ends up at Wolves or somewhere like that by Christmas i shall be ****in fuming!

BLUE ARMY!!

loved the lines...

3 clubs go up why should'nt we be one of those. (bit optomistic this season mabe but POSTIVE)

The MANAGER and players may need some help

loved the lines...

3 clubs go up why should'nt we be one of those. (bit optomistic this season mabe but POSTIVE)

The MANAGER and players may need some help

Is he going to put himself on the bench?

Chairman says other options are real:

Other options?

Leicester City will put Milan Mandaric's takeover bid to their shareholders next week - but they are continuing to explore "alternatives."

City chairman Andrew Taylor, while confirming that Mandaric's offer is the only one on the table for consideration, says other as yet unconfirmed options may have to be looked at.

Taylor said: "The perception that this is the only option open to us is thoroughly misleading and extremely unhelpful.

"His (Mandaric's) is the only bid on the table, but you have to remember that we were out there talking to credible third parties about an investment in the football club, including existing investors.

"A week is a long time in football and I am pretty convinced that, in the next week or so, we will have alternatives.

"It should be said we have enjoyed very good discussions with Mr Mandaric, he is straightforward, very easy to deal with and has a very good track record as an owner of football clubs over the past 30 years.

"But we have to do the right thing for Leicester City's stakeholders, by that I mean supporters and investors, short and medium term.

"Hopefully, we will have more information in the next week or so and the shareholders will be polled on this (Mandaric's bid) in the next 10 days or so."

Mandaric's assertion yesterday that the shareholders will get all their investment back under his deal appeared to remove yet another obstacle to his £25million bid finding favour.

However, I understand it is the scheduling of the re-imbursement, either up front or in stages, which is one of the areas under discussion.

Whether any of those options mentioned by Taylor actually come to anything is impossible to verify, so shareholders will find themselves with a 'bird in the hand' scenario. The only "alternative" City could offer the shareholders would be another concrete bid, and that is unlikely.

Taylor said: "My expectation is that, at some stage over the next week or so, we will meet with Mr Mandaric again.

"He has made his bid, we have talked to him about the details of the bid, he is reflecting on what we said. I am sure he will call me soon.

"We are negotiating a potential deal and it is running in parallel with us scoping other options. We are at a delicate stage at the moment."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/detail...438531&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Well he's not really gonna come out and say "Nah, we made the other bids up, they never existed at all. It was just a load of bullshit made up to force Mandy's hand, that old sucker! His bid's in now though, nothing he can do! Hahaha! That's why they call me the Hamburgler! Oh shit, he could pull out, don't print that!"

Nowt wrong with that.

edit to say the statement, not Graz's regretted comment!

Last edited:
i get the impression from that article Taylor is pretty much saying to the other bidders to get in soon or the mandaric deal will go through

including existing investors

Thats nice isn't it. They only cough up when there is a risk of them losing control. This club doesn't need a cash injection of 500k it needs a takeover.

i get the impression from that article Taylor is pretty much saying to the other bidders to get in soon or the mandaric deal will go through

If the deal is right ...take it.

To sit in a meeting with MM and according to him everything is hunky dory and then say we will wait a week to see if anybody else puts an offer in is insulting.

MM expressed an intrest, put an offer, upped the offer and has had 3 meetings, if the other 'interested' parties can't get their arsses in gear we don't want them anyway.

It was hinted that it may be current investers increasing their shares, it seems to be the case that some don't want to let go.

Were stale at the moment, been lacking a football person for years,it's not all about money..it's knowledge, charisma and putting us back on the map

To sit in a meeting with MM and according to him everything is hunky dory and then say we will wait a week to see if anybody else puts an offer in is insulting.

MM expressed an intrest, put an offer, upped the offer and has had 3 meetings, if the other 'interested' parties can't get their arsses in gear we don't want them anyway.

It was hinted that it may be current investers increasing their shares, it seems to be the case that some don't want to let go.

Were stale at the moment, been lacking a football person for years,it's not all about money..it's knowledge, charisma and putting us back on the map

:038: :038:

Strange way to handle the deal if you ask me

What is even stranger is the FT spokesman coming onto Radio Leicester virtually asking outright for the Tigers deal to be brought forward

Unbelievable.......

Lets bombard RL with emails saying the 'FT don't speak for us, we want MM'!

First one read out wins a pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670