Milan Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Strange way to handle the deal if you ask me

What is even stranger is the FT spokesman coming onto Radio Leicester virtually asking outright for the Tigers deal to be brought forward

Unbelievable.......

If thats true it shows a very sad organisation, desperately trying to cling on to their position. By their own admission they know nothing about the tigers bid.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If thats true it shows a very sad organisation, desperately trying to cling on to their position. By their own admission they know nothing about the tigers bid.

Maybe if someone from the FT did go on RL they suggested that if there is another bidder they should put forward the details of their bid. It would be in the interests of the club to know all the options. I'm sure no one from the FT would publically support any bid at this stage.

norman leet

I know it's been mentioned before.

The club are in danger of becoming a (greater) laughing stock and we are on course to end up up shiit street with egg on our face.

You listen to MM and all is fairly sraight forward 'happy days' then the rugs pulled away with un wise amatures playing at football.. the FT and A Taylor.. (he who knows about burgers).

This has become a fiasco in the same manner as the manager appointment, the result is heading the same way..nowhere

Meet the new boss......

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Maybe if someone from the FT did go on RL they suggested that if there is another bidder they should put forward the details of their bid. It would be in the interests of the club to know all the options. I'm sure no one from the FT would publically support any bid at this stage.

Maybe but lets be quite honest the Foxes Trust are in this for themselves, to me they've made it plainly clear

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
doesnt make it right.

The FT have never said they are against MM taking over.
What they said is that the offer was nothing like what had been reported in the press, and that seems to be true - they're certainly in a better position to know that than most of us.
Maybe they were wrong to comment, but that doesn't mean they're anti-MM.

The Foxes Trust don't want to sell their shares, they want to remain as a shareholder even if it means having 2.5% of the shares to MM's 97.5%. So the selling price is irrelevant. And if the FT do have to sell their shares the money will most likely go back into the club. No one at the FT is going to benefit personally if the selling price is higher.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
The FT have never said they are against MM taking over.
What they said is that the offer was nothing like what had been reported in the press, and that seems to be true - they're certainly in a better position to know that than most of us.
Maybe they were wrong to comment, but that doesn't mean they're anti-MM.

The Foxes Trust don't want to sell their shares, they want to remain as a shareholder even if it means having 2.5% of the shares to MM's 97.5%. So the selling price is irrelevant. And if the FT do have to sell their shares the money will most likely go back into the club. No one at the FT is going to benefit personally if the selling price is higher.

I'm sure they don't care about the selling price of the shares, they just used the 'low offer' as a vehicle to rally behind share holders and to try and protect their position within the corridors of power at the Walkers.

They know that with their small share holding that Mandaric doesnt have to afford them the right of a shareholding in the new setup and that will diminish their cosy little relationship with the club.

They arent anti MM, they are anti a complete takeover, thats claer to see, for me.

Maybe they should change their name to the Self Preservation Society?

cleefox

Strange way to handle the deal if you ask me

What is even stranger is the FT spokesman coming onto Radio Leicester virtually asking outright for the Tigers deal to be brought forward

Unbelievable.......

Still no answer on this then. On another Board they are saying they do not have any detals of any of the other bids so it seems difficult to believe this.
Cue more outrage.

OldGit

They've been discrediting the only firm bid since day one.

How? Plenty of people on here expressed initial reservations similar to those expressed by the FT about and pointed out potential downsides. None of us were "discrediting" anything , but pointing out that some people's euphoria might be misplaced as no-one knew any of the details and that a lot of discussion and negotiation had yet to go on. The same kind of caution would have been appropriate regarding any bidder - perhaps more in some cases.

(Remember too that a number of people asserted that the trust had said or done things which proved untrue, but are still being talked of as fact.)

Gradually that stance has been vindicated, even though we actually know little more about the details, but there is still obviously more discussion/clarification going on, and I'm sure a number of shareholders will still have unanswered questions.

Should we also have a go at Saint Gary of Filbert for saying publicly that he would like to hang on to some of his shares for sentimental reasons? Of course not.

OldGit

Still no answer on this then. On another Board they are saying they do not have any detals of any of the other bids so it seems difficult to believe this.
Cue more outrage.

Don't worry, it will soon enter folklore as established fact, along with the "tigers bid" which became a "fact" based on an allegation that their shirt sponsors were looking at a kit sponsorship for LCFC as well!

Muzzy's Right Boot

I can't believe the Tigers bid thing is even being cotemplated by the FT. We are a football club and have nothing to do with rugby (although some weeks when i'm watching we are that bad it's hard to make out what we are playing) and we should stay as a football club.

The sooner this episode is over and MM is in the better. You just get a funny feeling that they are gonna balls it all up and we are gonna be back at square one. The FT are against MM as they will have to give their seats up on the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669