Milan Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the report with the FT quote in was Radio Leicester spin more than anything else.

No audio, but Ian Bason was on RL saying that if the Tigers were interested, now was the time to make a bid

Can you recall the context? Was it a response to a question & if so what was it? or was it part of a longer statement or a single stand alone sound bite?

Context is all in determining meaning.

Can you recall the context? Was it a response to a question & if so what was it? or was it part of a longer statement or a single stand alone sound bite?

Context is all in determining meaning.

It was a crappy piece of waffle by RL about the fact that the groundshare was off the cards if Mandaric deal went though - and then they played Bason saying something like "if the Tigers really want the groundshare then now is the time that they should come in and make a bid" or words of that description

This sounding more and more like a done deal. I would think that the sticking point is the nature of MM's investment; structure of stadium refinancing, security for loans etc. I expect a positive statement from the board tomorrow.

No audio, but Ian Bason was on RL saying that if the Tigers were interested, now was the time to make a bid

And I agree it is complete bollox - outrageous and disgraceful bollox

I've been fairly neutral on the role of the FT so far but if Bason really said this then the man is a complete t**t and the FT should dump him pronto.

And I agree it is complete bollox - outrageous and disgraceful bollox

I really don't see the problem with this.

If ANYONE is interested, now is the time for them to make a bid, because if they don't do something now it will be too late.
And it would be in the club's best interests to look at any offer, whoever it comes from, to see if it's better for the club.

Would you rather the club just went with the first offer without seeing what else is available?

Did the quote from Ian Bason say he wanted the Tigers to take over?
If not, stop making stupid assumptions.

If ANYONE is interested, now is the time for them to make a bid, because if they don't do something now it will be too late.And it would be in the club's best interests to look at any offer, whoever it comes from, to see if it's better for the club.

Would you rather the club just went with the first offer without seeing what else is available?

If ANYONE hasn't realised that for themselves then I don't think a bid from them would amount to much. For Bason to say that now sounds like he's begging for a bid other than MM's. If he has a real problem with MM's bid then he should break ranks and come straight out with it, if he hasn't then he should shut the feck up in public and keep his exhortations behind closed doors where they rightly belong. As it is he has made himself and the trust look like a bunch of amatuers.

If ANYONE is interested, now is the time for them to make a bid, because if they don't do something now it will be too late.
And it would be in the club's best interests to look at any offer, whoever it comes from, to see if it's better for the club.

You just like splinters in your arse. Come off the fence man!:icon_lol:

If ANYONE hasn't realised that for themselves then I don't think a bid from them would amount to much. For Bason to say that now sounds like he's begging for a bid other than MM's. If he has a real problem with MM's bid then he should break ranks and come straight out with it, if he hasn't then he should shut the feck up in public and keep his exhortations behind closed doors where they rightly belong. As it is he has made himself and the trust look like a bunch of amatuers.

But we don't know the context of the alleged quote.

If someone from RL had phoned him and asked about a bid from the Tigers, Ian may well have said "I don't know about a bid from the Tigers, but if they're making a bid they'd better get on with it". I can see no harm in making a statement about that, whoever the potential bidder is. I'm sure Ian didn't phone RL and demand that the Tigers ut an offer in. He would be failing his members and the club if we don't get the details of all offers rather than just accept the first person who comes along.

But we don't know the context of the alleged quote.

If someone from RL had phoned him and asked about a bid from the Tigers, Ian may well have said "I don't know about a bid from the Tigers, but if they're making a bid they'd better get on with it". I can see no harm in making a statement about that, whoever the potential bidder is. I'm sure Ian didn't phone RL and demand that the Tigers ut an offer in. He would be failing his members and the club if we don't get the details of all offers rather than just accept the first person who comes along.

1.Or he could just have made no comment.

2.Except he sounds like he's drumming up offers.

I'm sure that the Tigers are well aware of the situation with MM's bid and don't need Bason on the radio to invite a bid.

1.Or he could just have made no comment.

He could have done, but if someone phones you to ask some questions it's very easy to answer them without thinking of the way your comments can be taken out of context or misunderstood. I think we should wait for clarification from the FT about what was actually said, if anything was said at all, before making a judgement.
We've seen previously how a snippet of information was misinterpreted and used against the trust - the thing where they were alleged to say they were for ground sharing, when they'd said nothing of the sort.

Last edited:
He could have done, but if someone phones you to ask some questions it's very easy to answer them without thinking of the way your comments can be taken out of context or misunderstood. I think we should wait for clarification from the FT about what was actually said, if anything was said at all, before making a judgement.
We've seen previously how a snippet of information was misinterpreted and used against the trust - the thing where they were alleged to say they were for ground sharing, when they'd said nothing of the sort.

I see on their web site that they are looking for a Press Officer - it shows.

Milan has made his offer, what he intends to do with any money after that is none of the boards business. (stadium, players etc)

Increasing the offer, only and I repeat ONLY means a greater pay out for them

The board would be failing their duty if they didn't check out that his offer works for the long term future of the club.

Don't forget Derby's previous set of owners ran up around £10m of extra debt from their brief spell in charge, partly due to the high interest loans they took on.

Much of MM's offer is likely to be loan based (as at Pompey), so they do have a duty to verify

Great so Bardon buy us and don't invest in the playing squad and rape us of our ground, which is better MM or Bardon?

Great so Bardon buy us and don't invest in the playing squad and rape us of our ground, which is better MM or Bardon?

What is this assumption based on?

Bardon could be offering to buy the club, spend £20 million on players and buy the ground, with no strings attached.

Unlikely, but without knowing the full facts of what they might offer people seem to be assuming the worst.

If we find out the details of the offer, then we can judge what is best for the club, we can't do that based just on rumour and speculation.

What is this assumption based on?

Bardon could be offering to buy the club, spend £20 million on players and buy the ground, with no strings attached.

Absolutely no chance.

Unlikely, but without knowing the full facts of what they might offer people seem to be assuming the worst.

Exactly what the MM naysayers are doing.

If we find out the details of the offer, then we can judge what is best for the club, we can't do that based just on rumour and speculation.

Sorry, i don't want the Tigers anywhere near the football ground. It is a last resort that we don't need to take.

Exactly what the MM naysayers are doing.

Who exactly are these MM naysayers and what exactly have they said?

I don't think anyone has said they don't want MM in without even hearing what he has to offer.

What I and others have said is that we shouldn't just jump into bed with the first person who makes an acceptable bid, we should look into all options and make the best decision for the club.

You seem to be ruling people out without even hearing what they have to offer.

What powers do the board have over any new owner, regardless of promises.

Bardon could easily say, "We really do promise we won't let the tigers take over, honest Tim, honest Andrew. You believe us don't you?".

Sorry but I do not trust them one iota. They want the stadium, not the club.

If they wanted to invest in the club why didn't they do it earlier? Instead they wait til the last minute. By delaying a bid they know they might be able to get rid of the MM threat and get the club cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669