Milan offered ?3 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave, if there was another buyer already lined up then surely rather than buy the club from Mandaric and pay a premium, surely they would approach the current board and pay a similar price to Mandaric. FFS some of the anti Mandaric posting is beyond belief and with little justification nor evidence.

I am not anti Mandaric. Far from it. I am merely playing devils advocate. The t's & c's in the proposal need to be verified to ensure that the club are not leaving themselves wide open is the point I thought i was making...............not very well it seems......

No worries TVFA, it is just that the amount of wild speculation currently being bandied around this board, it is easy for the truth (which most if not all of us on here, are completely unaware) to be forgotten.

No worries TVFA, it is just that the amount of wild speculation currently being bandied around this board, it is easy for the truth (which most if not all of us on here, are completely unaware) to be forgotten.

:)

I agree A-Z. When i first heard the rumour about Mandaric's plan to bring in Sven Goran Eriksson as City's next boss i was stunned as well.

"No worries TVFA, it is just that the amount of wild speculation currently being bandied around this board, it is easy for the truth (which most if not all of us on here, are completely unaware) to be forgotten."

Which is exactly why it's peculiar to see people rushing to welcome MM with open arms when the details of the proposal are completely unclear. A bit like a broody middle-aged woman walking around with a sandwich board saying 'BABY WANTED - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED'. And there's a lot more welcoming going on than there is anti-MM sentiment.

I must add that I do not have much, if any, faith in the current regime's ability to properly negotiate any deal with any potential investor/buyer. So we'll probably be stuffed whatever happens.

"No worries TVFA, it is just that the amount of wild speculation currently being bandied around this board, it is easy for the truth (which most if not all of us on here, are completely unaware) to be forgotten."

Which is exactly why it's peculiar to see people rushing to welcome MM with open arms when the details of the proposal are completely unclear. A bit like a broody middle-aged woman walking around with a sandwich board saying 'BABY WANTED - FIRST COME FIRST SERVED'. And there's a lot more welcoming going on than there is anti-MM sentiment.

I must add that I do not have much, if any, faith in the current regime's ability to properly negotiate any deal with any potential investor/buyer. So we'll probably be stuffed whatever happens.

At last..thats the type of language I want to hear:)

Only if you could sell the residue, otherwise you've stripped an asset you still own and can't offload because it's carrying so much debt. you'd be right up the creek!

No chance, there would be a queue of people who would pay a quid for it, like Bates did with Chelsea all those years ago, even with £15/16m worth of debt attached and a crap squad.

I can't see why some people are being so sceptical, He's a multi-millionaire bringing money into the club. Honestly, some people just aren't happy unless they're moaning...

I can't see why some people are being so sceptical, He's a multi-millionaire bringing money into the club. Honestly, some people just aren't happy unless they're moaning...

Give us your house for a fiver. I'm a millionaire trust me.;)

The club is worth what anyone will pay for it.

The shares - around £6.5 mill
The training ground - around £3 mill? (esp for housing)
The assets (playing staff minus the contracts for wages we have to pay) say evens at worst.
The ground - around minus £16 million.

So lets say MM offers £3m (shares) £1m (assets - the training ground) takes over the stadium payments (ie doesn't buy it until we get promoted and get £43m from sky) and lobs in £5m for new players and wages .... you can see how it would add up in effect to £25m. Although he'd only have to pay out .... the shares straight away - which is where the £3m offer comes from?

Just a thought. If only one of us could win Euromillions this week.

Foxpodder

The club is worth what anyone will pay for it.

The shares - around £6.5 mill
The training ground - around £3 mill? (esp for housing)
The assets (playing staff minus the contracts for wages we have to pay) say evens at worst.
The ground - around minus £16 million.

So lets say MM offers £3m (shares) £1m (assets - the training ground) takes over the stadium payments (ie doesn't buy it until we get promoted and get £43m from sky) and lobs in £5m for new players and wages .... you can see how it would add up in effect to £25m. Although he'd only have to pay out .... the shares straight away - which is where the £3m offer comes from?

Just a thought. If only one of us could win Euromillions this week.

Foxpodder

THe ground you say at minus £16 million - that's the mortgage, but if used as a football club, the ground and conference facilities does have a value. It's in the books at circa £30 million, god knows what value you would put on it, but it must have some value, even at , say, £5 million if it was flattened and built on.

THe ground you say at minus £16 million - that's the mortgage, but if used as a football club, the ground and conference facilities does have a value. It's in the books at circa £30 million, god knows what value you would put on it, but it must have some value, even at , say, £5 million if it was flattened and built on.

Does the corporate side make a profit?

As I understand it the corporate side makes enough profit to pay the interest on the loan and a small subsidy towards player wages and transfers.

But I could wildly out.

Does the corporate side make a profit?

As I understand it the corporate side makes enough profit to pay the interest on the loan and a small subsidy towards player wages and transfers.

But I could wildly out.

It does make a profit, haven't got the latest figures, but could be circa £1million p.a..

But in these kind of transactions, the sums are much more complex - especially when dealing with something as exotic as a football club.

For instance, the "goodwill" and related items - how much value would be placed on the brand name, the league membership (theoretically priceless as it cannot be bought and sold as such), players' registrations .... In the end this all comes down to perceptions by both sides in a negotiation as to what the whole package is "worth".

Last edited:
Why do you think the club is worth less now than it was four years ago?

The club has significantly lower debt now, and has some saleable assets in the playing squad, which it didn't have then.

If I could buy the club for £3 million I'd borrow the money to do it, then I'd sell Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Stearman, Wesolowski, Hume and Fryatt for a combined total of £6 million, then I'd pay myself a huge bonus and leave someone else to sort out the mess I'd left behind.

Jeff when has milan done this in his entire history? you have completely ignored his cv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669