Post Match Millwall 2 Leicester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Reading wish they'd sacked McDermott after a couple of average seasons.

You know my feelings about NP, so I won't pretend BUT, this is a dangerous line of argument. There will always be the sleeper, a manager that has been in post for years, with nothing happening, and who suddenly gets it right; similarly, there are managers who walk through the door and everything changes.

Just as one should not assume that changing a manager will put everything right, one should not suggest that by keeping anyone in post, things will get better.

N.B. This is not an attack on Pearson, just a disagreement with your perceived argument.

My intention wasn't to state that the more money you pay the harder you should work. I was merely trying to point out that mega wages don't buy you effort, but the players abound at least put a shift in.

I really don't get it. Millwall players top earner is on 8k a week, we are paying probably circa 30k to our top earners.

Why are we unable to put a shift in?

You have to earn the right to play by working hard and winning the ball.

I just don't think it matters. Sunday League players probably work harder than PL sometimes; and Barcelona and Real Madrid have completely abject performances.

Why would you stop reading a post Fryatt just because you don't agree with the first point?

I skimmed it, and I can partly agree with what you are saying, but people worry too much about analysing losses. The over-reactions each week are ludicrous and tedious to read.

Didn't get to watch it.

That said, if I had to point to a result that sums up the season this is it.

Everything to play for, a team struggling at the foot of the table, and we go out and shit the bed. Painfully predictable, but no less depressing. Never seen a season quite like this one. So hard to decode exactly what the problem is. Playing staff? Formations? Arrogance? Fitness? Morale? Preparation? I've probably watched City more this year than any other year sInce I left. They've played some really good football this season, but the results are just baffling.

Add in the Charlotte Bobcats having statistically the worst season by any NBA team of all time, and the impending Euro embarrassment by England and it's business as usual in the Miles household.

Maybe the Panthers can salvage some pride for me this year, City certainly haven't.

I bet Reading wish they'd sacked McDermott after a couple of average seasons.

When they lost 4 of their first 6 games, I bet some of their fans were shouting for his head.
how different it may well have been if their chairman had listened to their fickle bonehead fans!

I'm certainly not calling for PEARSON to be sacked.

I just wish I knew where the problem(s) lie...

Didn't get to watch it.

That said, if I had to point to a result that sums up the season this is it.

Everything to play for, a team struggling at the foot of the table, and we go out and shit the bed. Painfully predictable, but no less depressing. Never seen a season quite like this one. So hard to decode exactly what the problem is. Playing staff? Formations? Arrogance? Fitness? Morale? Preparation? I've probably watched City more this year than any other year sInce I left. They've played some really good football this season, but the results are just baffling.

Add in the Charlotte Bobcats having statistically the worst season by any NBA team of all time, and the impending Euro embarrassment by England and it's business as usual in the Miles household.

Maybe the Panthers can salvage some pride for me this year, City certainly haven't.

Christ that must be depressing. If there are any sports fans to be distraught in this world it's those of the Bobcats. I bet Jordan can't wait to get out. All I hope is that they don't get first draft pick, it would genuinely just go to waste.

But Leicester you say? Bah humbug.

Just looked at the standings and thought it was a typo :icon_eek:

so did I, but I didn't understand them other than the Bobcats were at the bottom and seem to have lost significantly more than they've won

There really are more important things in life.

Damn right there are. Every time anybody has a shower at the moment some water drips through the ceiling.
Now THAT is worth me worrying about!

Damn right there are. Every time anybody has a shower at the moment some water drips through the ceiling.
Now THAT is worth me worrying about!

Pfft.

I'm in bed and unsure if we have enough milk for breakfast cups of tea.

Just looked at the standings and thought it was a typo :icon_eek:

It's so bad at the minute you can literally walk in without a ticket and sit basically wherever you want.

You want to see gross incompetence the short history of the bobcats is a wonderful case study in idiocy.

Sioux: they've played 58 games and lost 51 of them. Currently on a 15 game losing streak.

Last edited:
The exact same sentiment could be applied to Gallagher as well

I could not disagree with you more Matt, Gallagher doesn't display 20% of the effort that Konchesky does, he also proceeds to show 20% of the talent of Konchesky in 9 out of 10 games.

I truly believe Gallagher to be the poorest player in our entire starting 11 on Saturday, I think he's a very poor footballer for the Championship and he should be playing at a lower level.

It is quite funny seeing the shift in attitude from some people on a game to game basis.

I cant wait to see if we win the next game, and Cardiff/Blackpool lose, if people will shift again.

Why do fans always consider effort to be the most important part of being a footballer?

Is it just because it is easier to judge when watching a game if somebody is putting the effort in? Somebody who puts 100% effort in can still have 0% influence on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669