MK Dons 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who moans about this result should seek clinical help with their depression.
The result isn't fantastic, I would have hoped for better before kick off.

However, given the context of the match, it's f**king excellent!!!

Well as the pundits on MOTD are always saying - 'the sign of great teams is when they play badly and still get a result'.

MK Dons played better than us, deserved to win, but forgot that today a 'Foxes Never Quit' team turned up, and despite all the team changes, kept going and following what now appears to be an inspired substitution by Pearson, Gradel steps up after 96 minutes wearing his yellow Ronaldo/Beckham boots and probably scores the goal of the season.

Game over. We are top of the league and staying there. Watch and weep MK Dons!

Brilliant, that we keep going to the last. Ii hope Gradel takes something from this as well and can return to fulfil his earlier promise.

I manged to keep quiet when we scored the first but i lost all sense of where i was when gradel smashed in the free kick. i couldn't help it and the leicester fans around us couldn't help it either. to be fair to MK they didn't do anything when we celebrated. i think they were just shell shocked!

we were fecking awful

Truely aweful performance, they will be deservedly gutted, so I am more than happy with the point.

Nice to finally meet Boc as well and SJN. Willlow, try that bar move again and we might have a problem, the cheeky git cut in front of 20 other patrons with a sneaky side move! ;)

Awful performance, where the hell was the midfield? Gave away posession all the time, couldn't clear the lines. A cracking free kick from Gradel to give us a point we didn't deserve.

A big thanks once more to Notts Fox, cheers mate!

Does it matter how we played today:102:

The result was everything, and whilst nothing was decided i feel that we have a one hand on the title.

Me and Hazz ran down the fecking steps when we equalised-he got knocked to the floor and i almost fell on the pitch at one point!

I've just read an interesting review of today's football...

League One round-up Author: Andrew Allen
Posted on: 28 February 2009 - 7:37 PM
Category:
Football
Comments: 1 Go...
MK Dons triumphed 2-1 over leaders Leicester City as League One's top two sides went head to head at Stadium MK. The Dons closed the gap between themselves and the Foxes to just five points and still have a game in hand over Nigel Pearson's side. Roberto Di Matteo team initially fell behind to Matty Fryatt's 22nd league goal of the season after just four minutes of play.

But The Dons showed the Crazy Gang spirit of old to come back and secure victory thanks to strikes from in-form Scottish midfielder Peter Leven either side of half-time.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/15297/League_One_round-up.aspx

Does it matter how we played today:102:

The result was everything, and whilst nothing was decided i feel that we have a one hand on the title.

FFS don't tell us what you are doing with your other hand.

Category:
Football
MK Dons triumphed 2-1 over leaders Leicester City as League One's top two sides went head to head at Stadium MK. The Dons closed the gap between themselves and the Foxes to just five points and still have a game in hand over Nigel Pearson's side. Roberto Di Matteo team initially fell behind to Matty Fryatt's 22nd league goal of the season after just four minutes of play.

But The Dons showed the Crazy Gang spirit of old to come back and secure victory thanks to strikes from in-form Scottish midfielder Peter Leven either side of half-time.

****ing numbskulls!

And even if they had won they would not be five points behind us.

Last edited:
Yep :) Happy enough with it as it was!

Tonight's lottery numbers are 6, 12, 13, 19, 23, 37 ;)

Ha, I got 2 numbers and the bonus ball, sorry I couldn't win anyone anything there ;)

Had to check the lottery numbers out of curiosity then... I didn't actually play the lottery today, so if those numbers had come up I probably would've killed myself... got a bit scared when I just checked and saw the first number was 6.. thought "oh... ****!"

Category:
Football

Someone wanted to beat the traffic...

Someone wanted to beat the traffic...

We haven't heard from TalkingBalls own Mr LeaveEarly yet. What did Gradel's goal look like from where you were, Notts?

Speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670