MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Boc. Lets be honest, we probably knew more than the FT at that point anyway.

I doubt it very much - it doesn't seem to be in the interests of the FT to admit that they know anything about anything. Their record shows their inability to deal with the issues in timely fashion.

I should have added to my earlier mail that the second payment is conditional and based on performance - not clear whether this is the performance of the club or of the team; I suspect that league status will have a great relevance here.

Durham / Boc

Bearing in mind your inside knowledge, have you heard of a possible alternative to MM should it go tits up, following the rumour posted about Martin George and interestingly a flurry of meetings at the Walkers, although it has been intimated that communications at present have broken down with MM, could it be to discuss plan 'B' ???

I doubt it very much - it doesn't seem to be in the interests of the FT to admit that they know anything about anything. Their record shows their inability to deal with the issues in timely fashion.

I should have added to my earlier mail that the second payment is conditional and based on performance - not clear whether this is the performance of the club or of the team; I suspect that league status will have a great relevance here.

Nice to see you are still quoting in the present tense and not the past...

Durham / Boc

Bearing in mind your inside knowledge, have you heard of a possible alternative to MM should it go tits up, following the rumour posted about Martin George and interestingly a flurry of meetings at the Walkers, although it has been intimated that communications at present have broken down with MM, could it be to discuss plan 'B' ???

No idea mate. Its not been intimated that communication has broken down, MM has left the country and nobody has heard from him!

Durham / Boc

Having difficulty in sorting rumour from fact in this area. There are certainly a number of discussions going on with people who might have a contribution if the MM deal falls through - but I have no kind of feeling or evidence about what any alternative might be.

No idea mate. Its not been intimated that communication has broken down, MM has left the country and nobody has heard from him!

Having difficulty in sorting rumour from fact in this area. There are certainly a number of discussions going on with people who might have a contribution if the MM deal falls through - but I have no kind of feeling or evidence about what any alternative might be.

Thanks Guys, interesting that discussions are on going with other potential contributors, a fairly clear indication IMO that they believe the MM deal is in serious doubt, could well fan the flames that MG is considering returning to the club in some way shape or form. I would certainly welcome the return of Martin George.

Last edited:
I can't help it if punters who have seen me DJ in the 1884 Bar and "demanded" a sticker, then decided to put them in the bogs. Anyway, where were we....

Suuuupppppperrrrrrr, super Geoff......

More Foxes stuff on Talksport pls Sir Peters.

what about englebert humpthesink he must have £25 mill to spare.

rk is a big fan, fav song is please release me let me go:icon_lol:

Fascinating thread (thanks to DF)

Is this the ultimate in brinkmanship - or has he just done a runner (no blame attached if he has) ?

And if he's gone then can I assume that behind the scenes we are desperately trying to flog anyone we can ?

And if it collapses, can I assume that we will be facing a ten point deduction any day soon ?

F.C. Leicester City Foxes anyone ?

I have no 'insider info' so may get shot down in flames here, but I can not see us going into admin again, we have been told time after time that the plans that are in place will not allow that to happen and I for one believe that to be true.
The sh*tty end of the stick though means that we will have a club, but in a much lower league and to be fair I would prefer that to not having a club at all.
Do not get me wrong, I will not like it and think the way the takeover has gone is a shambles, but feel that the board are being sold short by suggesting that admin is just around the corner.

LCFC never a dull moment, well other than on the pitch that is; it certainly beats anything on the TV!

Of course he hasnt, she 'could' have been ill for a while though.

I agree, I would imagine that it has been a 'convenient' time for MM to return to Belgrade to visit his mother. IMO the bid was in trouble when it was originally announced before the cup replay at Fulham that there would be at least a week's delay, in that time I would guess there was some pretty hard bargaining and negotiations which have since failed to deliver a solution.

At which time MM disappeared to visit his mum and play hardball whilst the board discuss and explore alternative options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Newcastle611
6Chelsea510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58