MM delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will not take over..... dont believe all rumours

I don't believe all rumours, however this seems to be a strong rumour from a poster who is known to be close to MG.

What are your reasons for thinking that MG won't take over.

i've heard that roy cropper might be attempting to buy the club. he's heading up a consortium with hayley, norris and rita sullivan. the only sticking point is that he is waiting for money to be released that is tied up in his last company, roy's rolls.

i've heard that roy cropper might be attempting to buy the club. he's heading up a consortium with hayley, norris and rita sullivan. the only sticking point is that he is waiting for money to be released that is tied up in his last company, roy's rolls.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

So he's made it up that his Mum is at deaths door ?

I don't think any sane person is suggesting that, HF. But, I doubt if her illness is the real cause of this hiatus.

It's a time honoured process in politics to make use of illnesses - no matter how serious or close in family terms - to create a bit of space.

It's bound to be more complicated than I am suggesting, but the fundamental problem is that the club has messed up. It's clearly not financially viable in the context of having the resources to compete at any acceptable level and the DD through up more problems than appeared at first sight and the club also appears to have one of those fragmented decision making processes which makes negotiation and deal making difficult....e.g. the spread of ownership reflecting the absurd 10% rule.

I know the apologists will come up with all the excuses and reasons in the world, but I think most people can see through the situation to know that whilst blame/ responsibility will be shared....if and when (and I'm afraid it is when) this deal is formally abandoned, the main culprits will be the club that has not seized the opportunity.

Worst still, should anyone other party enter the fray, they will now have confirmed what a feeble state the club is in and all the nonsense around the posturing of the FT in this situation.

It's a sad business.

I think he managed to release the additional funds required after securing an excellent deal to sell the full back catologue of Dan Dare comics, expect Roy to be unveiled at an 11 AM press conference.

Although I believe Rusty Lee is cooking up her own plan to launch a hostile takeover

Last edited:
I think he managed to release the additional funds required after securing an excellent deal to sell the full back catologue of Dan Dare comics, expect Roy to be unveiled at an 11 AM press conference.

Although I believe Rusty Lee is cooking up her own plan to launch a hostile takeover

He can't make the 11 am press conference so he's sending his representatives. Apparently Charlie is ill in hospital after a fall.

Martin George will not take over...

Good its pointless getting someone in with fourpence ha'penny to spend defeats the object.we want someone with a bit of clout,I know MM isn't going to put that much in but it would be enough to alter the direction the club is heading i.e down the Crapper

Good its pointless getting someone in with fourpence ha'penny to spend defeats the object.we want someone with a bit of clout,I know MM isn't going to put that much in but it would be enough to alter the direction the club is heading i.e down the Crapper

Martin Georges personal wealth far outweighs that of MM

With the takeover looking increasingly unlikely which player do you think will be sold to balance the books :102:

My money is on either Stearman to Sunderland or Kisnorbo to Brum (Replacement if Upson leaves) or Fulham.

With the takeover looking increasingly unlikely which player do you think will be sold to balance the books :102:

My money is on either Stearman to Sunderland or Kisnorbo to Brum (Replacement if Upson leaves) or Fulham.

Going to have to be quick about it its the 30th today

Martin Georges personal wealth far outweighs that of MM

Also it isn't just about money, it is important that the owner has the long term best intrests of the club at heart, maybe James Johnson had a point when he said he would prefer the club to stay in local hands.

Also Martin George has a wealth of experience and knowledge of running our football club and IMO he did an excellent job, especially when appointing managers. If he were to return to the club then IMO it would be better for the club than MM.

I will try and find out what MG got from Weetabix, most of the shares were owned by the family and Richard George in particular.

My father-in-law was on the board and went shortly after the takeover.

Been busy this afternoon and just got back to read what has been happening on the thread. I've got to say that it is shameful that the only person who has had anything substantial to say has been hounded in the way that Durham has been this afternoon. A lot of you won't accept the truth until it hits you in the face!

Durham - I'm sorry that I haven't been around to give you a bit of support when you needed it - Keep up the good work

I wasn't getting at durham it was more joking than anything and i would hope he realised that.The problem is there is that many people saying 'I know this' and 'I have a Contact that' that when something someone says is true then its difficult to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00