Moan In

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and watch the trust stir with a big wooden spoon.

I am not a member of the trust but just so it is crystal and they know my feelings on the matter of groundshare as per their e-mail.

IT STINKS!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
calm yourself down man, you'll end up having a coronary at this rate.
'as per their e-mail' ??? more like as per the rumour/hint that you read on an internet forum!

It's not a rumour or hint because people who have recieved the e-mail have confirmed that it exists, further that they were canvassing opinion...

I was just giving mine.:icon_lol: I am over excited/annoyed/angry...

But that is because I am passionate about LCFC. And if there is ever a groundshare then the club will sadly die for me that day and I will have to give it all up.

I don't want to do that, but I will!

Last edited:
It's not a rumour or hint because people who have recieved the e-mail have confirmed that it exists, further that they were canvassing opinion...

I was just giving mine.:icon_lol: I am over excited/annoyed/angry...

But that is because I am passionate about LCFC. And if there is ever a groundshare then the club will sadly die for me that day and I will have to give it all up.

I don't want to do that, but I will!

Now we are up for sale and everyone knows that, then the deal had better be done soon, unless we all think we are heading for the PL this season, otherwise the price will be even cheaper next time round.

It is at moments like this you realise how hollow and false the 'we're in it together' phrase is as this whole situation clearly shows that's not true. ;)

How is a groundshare in the best interests of LCFC? The best interests that the board have been banging on about.

The only winners will be the Tigers. We cut the debt to just 8million therefore we only have to spend 500k servicing the debt instead of 1mill, therefore we are a whopping -500k better off.

HOW IS THAT BETTER FOR THE CLUB!!??

That might not be the deal, though. I'd guess it's more likely joint ownership and no debt.

How is a groundshare in the best interests of LCFC? The best interests that the board have been banging on about.

The only winners will be the Tigers. We cut the debt to just 8million therefore we only have to spend 500k servicing the debt instead of 1mill, therefore we are a whopping -500k better off.

HOW IS THAT BETTER FOR THE CLUB!!??

If the ground share happens what makes you think the Tigers would pay half the amount currently owed?
LCFC have already paid a lot of money towards the value of the stadium, if the Tigers get to only pay £8 million for a half share they'd be getting it on the cheap.

What they should pay is half the value of the stadium. If the stadium is worth £30 million, they should pay £15 million, leaving us with virtually no debt.

I can see it now, Tigers taking over and LCFC being the minority. Its a shuddering thought.

If those Tigers go to the Walkers, I won't be.

I can see it now, Tigers taking over and LCFC being the minority. Its a shuddering thought.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would that neccessarily happen? It doesn't seem to have happened at Reading so why would it at Leicester?

I seem to remember the figure banded around when it was first brought up, the two clubs would each pay £8,000,000. The Tigers were going to secure their loan against the walkers and give up the lease on Welford Road.

With the greatest respect to London Irish they are not as well known as the Tigers.

Last edited:
I seem to remember the figure banded around when it was first brought up, the two clubs would each pay £8,000,000. The Tigers were going to secure their loan against the walkers and give up the lease on Welford Road.

We'd have to be really desperate to offer them a deal like that.

If you have a house that's worth £100,000, but you owe £50,000 on the mortgage you'd sell it for what it's worth, not how much you owe on it.
If the Tigers had to build a new ground it would cost them £30 million + so there's no way I'd sell them a half share for just £8 million.

How does that constitute Tigers taking over and LCFC being in a minority? Agreed that one party securing their share against the stadium is not a fantastic idea but that doesn't make them a majority shareholder.

It was definitely a 50:50 split. I'm not saying i would accept that, in fact i am very much against the whole idea.

If Bardon get in where do you think their interests will lie? The stumbling block was the Tigers failure to guarantee primacy of tenure. I'm sure if a deal gets pushed through Bardon will be acting in primarily in the best interests of the Tigers not LCFC.

Of course this is all hypothetical.

Last edited:
It was definitely a 50:50 split. I'm not saying i would accept that, in fact i am very much against the whole idea.

If Bardon get in where do you think their interests will lie? The stumbling block was the Tigers failure to guarantee primacy of tenure. I'm sure if a deal gets pushed through Bardon will be acting in primarily in the best interests of the Tigers not LCFC.

Of course this is all hypothetical.

This is something else that I don't get. Bardon are owned by Aggregate Industries, a huge American conglomerate. Why would their shareholders sanction the purchase of an English football club? If they did for some strange reason decide to buy LCFC then their interest in Tigers would probably disappear because you can not make money from a rugby club, whereas if you can make a football club successful then there is money to be made and you get a much bigger profile for your marketing men.

This is something else that I don't get. Bardon are owned by Aggregate Industries, a huge American conglomerate. Why would their shareholders sanction the purchase of an English football club? If they did for some strange reason decide to buy LCFC then their interest in Tigers would probably disappear because you can not make money from a rugby club, whereas if you can make a football club successful then there is money to be made and you get a much bigger profile for your marketing men.

The top man at Bardon is the chairman at the Tigers, he has enough money to take over the club by himself.

The top man at Bardon is the chairman at the Tigers, he has enough money to take over the club by himself.

That may be the case. I still think my point is valid though that as a commercial vehicle a successful football club will always be better than a successful rugby club, so if hypotheticaly he decided to buy LCFC why would Tigers get supremacy?

Maybe i'm being cynical, but i think its plausible that Bardon are interested in LCFC primarily for the gain of the Tigers. Buying LCFC and the freehold on the ground is significantly cheaper than developing Welford Road. They can't buy the Walkers without buying the club first as LCFC own the lease.

Maybe i'm being cynical, but i think its plausible that Bardon are interested in LCFC primarily for the gain of the Tigers. Buying LCFC and the freehold on the ground is significantly cheaper than developing Welford Road. They can't buy the Walkers without buying the club first as LCFC own the lease.

Trouble with conspiracy theories is that you can never disprove them.

Would it really be cheaper? Northampton Saints have redeveloped Franklins Gardens over the past few years for, to the best of my knowledge, a lot less than £25m (the figure everybody is saying it would cost to buy LCFC). Do Tigers need a 30,000+ seater stadium because that's a whole lot bigger than anything any other club has got.

They sold out the cup ticket games. The cost banded around to develop Welford Road was £17,0000,000. Plus they don't own the ground only the lease. Why develop the ground and lose ticket revenue during the process when there is the freehold on stadium a stones throw away up for a song.

I know its only a theory, but its worth taking into consideration if after all the board has the best intentions of the club.

Last edited:
I think only time will tell Drew but I've enjoyed the debate, cheers.

Northampton Saints have redeveloped Franklins Gardens over the past few years for, to the best of my knowledge, a lot less than £25m (the figure everybody is saying it would cost to buy LCFC).

It would cost a lot less than £25 million to buy LCFC.

The £25 million being quoted as part of MM's bid includes money that would be loaned to the club after the takeover. So after the takeover we'll have more debts than we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669