Moan In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope i'm wrong, its an important time for the whole club and its fans. I only hope that the board make the correct decision.

Although it will probably be a case of them being damned if they don't and damned if they do. As you say time will tell.....

It would cost a lot less than £25 million to buy LCFC.

The £25 million being quoted as part of MM's bid includes money that would be loaned to the club after the takeover. So after the takeover we'll have more debts than we have now.

What! Somebody buys the club and the club ends up with more debt!! Is MM related to the Glazers?

The £25 million being quoted as part of MM's bid includes money that would be loaned to the club after the takeover. So after the takeover we'll have more debts than we have now.

Only if we spend it:icon_razz. If he lends us 3-5 million and we can get promotion we wouldn't need his full loan.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why would that neccessarily happen? It doesn't seem to have happened at Reading so why would it at Leicester?

The Madjeski belongs to Reading FC they ALLOW the London Irish to use it. There is no coownership, no rebranding, no bollocks!

F*ck the F*cking Tigers, and there F**ing crap game. Egg chasing shower of sh*te.

I want to watch LCFC in LCFC's own football ground, even if they don't own it all yet! Sharing or being owned by the tigers by the back door is unacceptable. If it goes ahead I will never set foot in the ground again and I will do all I can to discourage everyone I know to do the same (but I can guarantee that they will not need much pursuation).

If safeguarding our future is selling half of the ground to someone else making us forever more undesirable then I want no part of the future of this club.

As well as the £28,000,000 the club gets from being in the premiership?

All premiership clubs get loads of cash, we'd be starting from a lower position than the clubs already there, so to get to the same position we'd expect to have to spend more on players than the other teams, unless we're going to come straight back down again.

What! Somebody buys the club and the club ends up with more debt!! Is MM related to the Glazers?

Different kind of deal - at least as it stands. MM is offering to buy out the shareholders for £3-5 million. Then any other money put in will be a loan from him.

F*ck the F*cking Tigers, and there F**ing crap game. Egg chasing shower of sh*te.

I want to watch LCFC in LCFC's own football ground, even if they don't own it all yet! Sharing or being owned by the tigers by the back door is unacceptable. If it goes ahead I will never set foot in the ground again and I will do all I can to discourage everyone I know to do the same (but I can guarantee that they will not need much pursuation).

If safeguarding our future is selling half of the ground to someone else making us forever more undesirable then I want no part of the future of this club.

Is there a logical reason for this, or is it purely based on emotion?
Were you attacked by a tiger as a child?

What about Wigan?

Hull?

They've looked like football grounds when I've been there.

Did I say that they didn't LOOK like football grounds? They do look small time and always will. Also dave Whelan who owns Wigan Athletic built the ground primarily for football, again their Rugby lot only use it, they don't own it. He is a football man that is well known.

Hull...I know nothing about them, and I think that says it all. I do know that they don't have to rebrand to accomodate whoever the f*ck their Rugby team is though.

Wasn't aware you were so up for the idea Webbo.

Yeah, nice rant. That seems like the 20th time I've read it tonight so I guess you've made your position clear. But what makes us more undesirable - a ground part owned by the rugby c*nts or a shed load of debt? Say £35 million - because that looks an option for the Mandaric bid.

Wasn't aware you were so up for the idea Webbo.

I didn't say I am up for the idea.

But if it's done the right way it makes financial sense, and opposition to it seems to be based mostly on an irrational hatred of the egg chasers rather than any genuine reason why it's bad for the club.

And with the groundshare making financial sense it could be that any future investor (including MM) could see it as the way forward.

Forgive me if i'm wrong MM bid does not saddle us with £20,000,000 worth of debt instantly.

Is there a logical reason for this, or is it purely based on emotion?
Were you attacked by a tiger as a child?

There is a logical reason yes, I am an LCFC fan, if I wanted to have any emotional connection to the Tigers I would go and watch them play in THEIR stadium. I don't, so I don't bother. I am a LCFC fan so I go and watch them in their stadium as it should be. I don't want to rebrand and I want the club to be as attractive as possible to future investment.

Only owning half of your ground isn't very attractive.

Call it personal preference but that is how I and a lot of people feel.

As for my emotional response, if emotion is outlawed at LCFC then perhaps I do support the wrong club.

I didn't say I am up for the idea.

But if it's done the right way it makes financial sense, and opposition to it seems to be based mostly on an irrational hatred of the egg chasers rather than any genuine reason why it's bad for the club.

And with the groundshare making financial sense it could be that any future investor (including MM) could see it as the way forward.

Or as a potential cross to bear. Most owners like to own the whole thing. Not half of it. It'd be pretty hard for me to sell my house to a prospective buyer if my neighbours occupied half of the rooms wouldn't it.

I don't hate Rugby, I hate the fact that we are being sold down the river. I hated it two years ago when this nonsense began and I hate it now.

Its a quick fix, with no long term vision for the future...and like the fast food that the chairman of this club used to peddle it is bad for you!

I dont understand how a man who made around 50 million when he sold pompey will suddenyl be buying us for a tenth of that blowing around 15million on buying the ground a few mill on players and suddenyl we will be in 35 million debt.

This is all bollox, none of us know whats gonna happen either way so lets just sit back and think about it for a minute. Taylor has said he will look for investment to take the club forward from the start, which he is now doing.

MM has made a bid and given his track record how many of those clubs are now saddled with crippling debts? Very few if any I would imagine.

We also seem to be thinking this is gonna happen over night, even when this was first put forward i said nothing would really happen until near dec and the fact that MM has issued an ultimatum only points to the fact that he wants an idea if his bid is in the right ball park. He is not saying it will be the end of the deal by the end of this week as I understand it.

If there is another group interested then can we really be such a bad proposition? Most business men are not here to lose money they are around to make some FFS so lets think they are looking at us to mkae money in the longer term.

How mm has gone from hero to villain in such a short space of time has truely amazed me. Most of the stuff has been down to speculation and the fact that we arent even giving the guy the chance is amazing to me.

I just cnat see why he woul take out huge loans when he seems to have the money avaliable to him, it just doesnt make financial sense to me.

There is a logical reason yes, I am an LCFC fan, if I wanted to have any emotional connection to the Tigers I would go and watch them play in THEIR stadium. I don't, so I don't bother. I am a LCFC fan so I go and watch them in their stadium as it should be. I don't want to rebrand and I want the club to be as attractive as possible to future investment.

When I go to see matches at other grounds where they are shared there is little evidence on matchdays that the stadium is shared with another club, why do you think it would be different if we did it?
And even if there was evidence that the ground was shared, why would that stop you supporting your team? It's what happens on the pitch that's important, if you stopped supporting the team because the Tigers played there every couple of weeks maybe you're not a real supporter.

Sharing the ground is financially better than only part owning it, because you halve the costs. This might actually make the club more attractive to future investors, not less attractive.

Yeah, nice rant. That seems like the 20th time I've read it tonight so I guess you've made your position clear. But what makes us more undesirable - a ground part owned by the rugby c*nts or a shed load of debt? Say £35 million - because that looks an option for the Mandaric bid.

You obviously should have read what I wrote 21 times then because I don't think I said anywhere support the Mandaric bid or else?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669