MongFest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not hear anything that i would class as racist chanting, the breaking of one chair was unecessary, but there is definatly a place for the loud stand up and shout people within the leciester fans.

I thought the garden shed song was amusing, and i will be shot down for saying this but they made a very dull night much more bareable. :)

A library atmosphere would be more appreciated by some.

A library atmosphere would be more appreciated by some.

In fact it was exactly that from Watford for 40 minutes, no PA and the stadium didn't fill up until 10 minutes from the end.

I am all for chanting and creating atmosphere and don't think it boiled over into racism last night, just hinted at it. I also appreciate wit and intelligence, I have seen many fans roll this into one. Ours can't....instead we do stuff like 'Jump up if you love Leicester?', some people can just about bare Stand Up but some 15 year old jumping up and down in front of you in the prospect of a 1-0 loss isn't the best.

However, everyone loves a rousing go of 'Ollie's Army!' Don't they? I was in stitches because I had some posh chap behind me intend on swearing every time there was a mistake. I was giggling to 'Clapham, you dickhead. Stay onside!'

Last edited:
The racist chanting was simply not on, it's disgusting, but can't say I care too much about the rest of it. Especially not the standing, that's exactly what we need.

To be honest I'd rather have some 16 year olds singing generic songs about the ground, players even though they are playing shite etc than no songs at all. Which is pretty much the two options we have nowadays. I bet none of those complaining did anything constructive like stood up and started a verse of when you're smiling or the blue flag?! We do have some moronic supporters and shit chants but just complaining about them doesn't change anything!

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Melton Fox
They were also singing derogatory songs about Vicarge Road. I for one would take Filbert Street back tomorrow.

Short memories some of these fuktards.

Judging by the ages of some them, I'm wondering how many of them actually went Filbo regularly....."

I find this quite ironic. You complain about the bad behaviour last night but then lament the loss of Flibert Street where such things were much more common. Does annoy me slightly that people nostalgically look back at some of the disgusting behaviour that went on in the kop at Filbo with rose-tinted glasses and then berate a few 15 year old chavs who have done nothing nearly as bad as what went on in those days.

I find this quite ironic. You complain about the bad behaviour last night but then lament the loss of Flibert Street where such things were much more common. Does annoy me slightly that people nostalgically look back at some of the disgusting behaviour that went on in the kop at Filbo with rose-tinted glasses and then berate a few 15 year old chavs who have done nothing nearly as bad as what went on in those days.
Do you?

I miss the ground itself, not the Wankers inside it, they all came with me to the Walkers Stadium.

Do you?

I miss the ground itself, not the Wankers inside it, they all came with me to the Walkers Stadium.

I miss it too, I'd give anything to go back, but you're very misguided if you think a lot of the main trouble makers from the spion still go down the Walkers. I've seen many faces missing.
Racist chanting, coin throwing, fighting away fans in the streets around the ground have all been very very very rare since we moved to the Walkers. It's no coincidence.

I miss it too, I'd give anything to go back, but you're very misguided if you think a lot of the main trouble makers from the spion still go down the Walkers. I've seen many faces missing.
Racist chanting, coin throwing, fighting away fans in the streets around the ground have all been very very very rare since we moved to the Walkers. It's no coincidence.

Are you seriously suggesting that that's because of the new stadium???

Wow!

I'd say it's more to do with increased policing powers and activity at football matches, the introduction of better surveillance methods, more actions by the FA and relevant governing bodies and a general campaign in football to reduce violence is more likely to be the reason.

These people now have a public perception of being scum, I give the footballing governing bodies credit for this, not the Walkers Stadium.

I dare say that the young chavs who get stick off everyone these days are no where near as bad as the lads of yester year.

Funny how the 2 are percieved differently.

I dare say that the young chavs who get stick off everyone these days are no where near as bad as the lads of yester year.

I agree, but rules are rules, and they are there for a reason.

If I have to sit down at a football match, I expect the person in front of me to sit down too, regardless of why we have to or how much we agree with it.

I don't think there is any difference between the two and I don't think they are perceived any differently from each other.

I don't think there is any difference between the two and I don't think they are perceived any differently from each other.

I think the past generation of football hooligans are looked upon somewhat romantically compared to the chavs of today.

Maybe thats because if you were a football attending male in the 70's there was a high chance you would be involved to some extent, it was almost accepted back then and huge numbers participated, now the football fan, regardless of trouble maker or not is looked upon as complete scum.

I believe that a good punch up to settle a difference was possitively looked upon back in those days (away from football, society in general) None of this weapons bollocks, real men used fists etc, now everyone is thrown in together, if two men settle an issue with their fists they are looked upon the same as those with knives.

LOL! Are you being serious?! No difference between the two? You seriously never saw the lads of the 80s/early 90s in full swing geez because in comparison the 20 or so teenagers that are now perceived as 'trouble' are literally just a few kids messing around a bit.

I think the past generation of football hooligans are looked upon somewhat romantically compared to the chavs of today
Probably, but only by pig ignorant people that are as thick as pig shit.

it's because the sky cameras were put where he normally keeps the drum.:icon_wink

Oh I know that. I know that he went in a mardy at the Palace game cos he couldn't stand at the back with the drum cos the cameras were there, so some other bloke had the drum first half.

I know that the bloke who had the drum that half could at least keep time unlike Jobber.
And he used it far more in that half that Jobber has probably used the drum in the last 10 games.

I'm sure the chav army think he is special and won't hear a word against him, but he's a tosser.

Last edited:
I think the past generation of football hooligans are looked upon somewhat romantically compared to the chavs of today.

Maybe thats because if you were a football attending male in the 70's there was a high chance you would be involved to some extent, it was almost accepted back then and huge numbers participated, now the football fan, regardless of trouble maker or not is looked upon as complete scum.

I believe that a good punch up to settle a difference was possitively looked upon back in those days (away from football, society in general) None of this weapons bollocks, real men used fists etc, now everyone is thrown in together, if two men settle an issue with their fists they are looked upon the same as those with knives.

Well I think those invovled in al lthe trouble back then are wassocks, and when you see them now, surrounded by ytoung lads who think it's clever to act tough then they are not only still wassocks, but sad old deluded wassocks.

The majority of the population is a lot of people.
Not sure what you mean.

At first I thought you were suggesting that the majority of the population look upon football hooligans from the 70's/80's with some sort of romanticism.

I then realised you couldn't have meant that and am stumped as to what you mean, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669