Speculation Motown's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 15/16 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like his smile

One of the things I've notice about both Inler and Benalouane is they seem to have very professional images and videos on social media. These are usually branded by what I assume is their agents - so they're obviously quite active. I'm therefore not surprised to see some speculation about them.

Hmm. Well I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go exactly but we need defensive reinforcements ourselves, nevermind letting one go. He's been alright when I've seen him but Wes, Huth, Wasilewski all ahead of him in the pecking order....

I can understand Inler and Benalouane for looking around (not to mention Kramaric) but this season has been abnormal in terms of team selection - partly because we've been very lucky with injuries, partly because our first eleven has been playing exceptionally well. During a normal season they would have had many more chances to break into the team and I'm sure their chance will come if they stay. As for us, I'd be quite worried for our squad size if we start letting people go in January.

I think all 3 you mention there Swede can still play an important part for us this season so hopefully none of them go.

As of Boxing Day, we'll be playing 7 games in 4 weeks so I'd expect them to feature then at some point and injuries are likely to catch up with us at some point so we definitely need to keep the numbers in the squad and keep them happy.

Inler and Benalouane are welcome to go on to look for other opportunities if that's what they want. I'd much rather have people in the squad who are keen to be here than players who have not done enough to warrant a starting position. If it means that we can sign someone even better then great.

That said, both of them will get games before the season is out. I'd rather swap out Kramypants.

From what little I've seen of Benalouane, he's looked good, and Inler seems to have come on in the few appearances since looking awful at the start. Claudio knows far better than me but I would think we need a few more pairs of legs available for the rest of the season, rather than to lose fringe players who are capable of doing a job.

In neither article is their any quotes from either player. I hope they both stay. If they go then I wish them the best of luck. They have been professional, and I'm sure added to our success behind the scenes. 2 injuries at CB and/or CM and we'll need both of them.

Kramaric on the other hand; again I wish him the best if he leaves. But I don't see him being part of our plans this season under any circumstances. For both parties sake I think a move (if possible) would be the best outcome. Even if Vardy was injured I don't see him starting.

Would be a shame to lose Inler but can understand why he's want to move on, but would be good to hold onto him If we can. If he does go we need someone to replace him - both in terms of midfield numbers and experience.

Still think Kramaric will be a good player but he's not getting the games

I agree, I think Kramaric has got potential to do it if Vardy gets injured, I think his record says he's more likely to go on a great scoring run than Ulloa and Okazaki who obviously have qualities which are better than him which is why they're ahead of him as the support striker, but I wouldn't trust either to start scoring freely whereas Kramaric just might given a run in the team, I'd definitely keep him til the end of the season so we can get a replacement in then.

With Matty James coming back to fitness and Claudio saying Tom Lawrence won't be loaned out again and will be in contention with the first team squad, I can see why Inler's going to be let go though.

Wouldn't you say that Lawrence presence is a bigger threat to Kramaric' chances of first team football than to Inler's?

Perhaps, but my impression was that Lawrence was an attacking midfielder/support striker who was more likely to play the Ulloa/Okazaki role or as an attacking central midfielder, whereas Kramaric is more likely to play as the main striker, which he obviously isn't going to do ahead of Vardy unless Vardy is injured or suspended.

Perhaps, but my impression was that Lawrence was an attacking midfielder/support striker who was more likely to play the Ulloa/Okazaki role or as an attacking central midfielder, whereas Kramaric is more likely to play as the main striker, which he obviously isn't going to do ahead of Vardy unless Vardy is injured or suspended.
So he isn't a threat to neither Inler nor Kramaric then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669