Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2016/17 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ulloa arrived at the club at a time when he reasonably thought he might become first choice, so I can understand his frustration.

Hernandez though always knew that, apart from injury and suspension, he was always going to be third or fourth choice with Big Was for a CB start.

He's probably been getting paid while he's been here

And then there's the massive increase in equivalent prices from before the latest TV deal.

Can't imagine it's been the equivalent of 4m a year, also he's played for us a few times? He'd probably have been using RDL's old salary

But as there was no transfer fee he was in a good position to negotiate a large signing on fee. They're often spread over the length of the contract, but if he was sold without asking for a transfer he'd be entitled to all of it. I expect he's done very well out of his short spell with us.

But as there was no transfer fee he was in a good position to negotiate a large signing on fee. They're often spread over the length of the contract, but if he was sold without asking for a transfer he'd be entitled to all of it. I expect he's done very well out of his short spell with us.

That exact scenario is known throughout Europe as the unscrupulous Agents favourite. Player and Agent make fortunes quickly and with virtually no effort.

All the more reason why we shouldn't rush in to panic buying anyone, just for the sake of it, in this transfer window

Yes, we might well all be screaming "Just buy a feckin' centre half, for feckin' feck's sake you stupid bastard" on an hourly basis, but it has to be a proper purchase for the long term, and not just anybody

All the more reason why we shouldn't rush in to panic buying anyone, just for the sake of it, in this transfer window

Yes, we might well all be screaming "Just buy a feckin' centre half, for feckin' feck's sake you stupid bastard" on an hourly basis, but it has to be a proper purchase for the long term, and not just anybody

Surprising from you when all you do is say how terrible every player we have is.

More to the point we shouldn't be rushing into selling someone until we have an upgrade lined up.

And Fonte's gone to WH for £8m. So he must have been crap then! Or too old. Or too old AND crap... perfect signing then really.

I'm not sure about this Acerbi chappie, who we've seemingly upped the bid to £12.2m for. He doesn't look that kind of money special to me.

The penalty against West Ham and then the brace against Swansea the following week, he doesn't get enough credit.

The 2 games I made it over for last season. His penalty against West Ham.. was pure relief followed by extreme joy!

I'll miss Lenny and the best player song we've got.

And Fonte's gone to WH for £8m. So he must have been crap then! Or too old. Or too old AND crap... perfect signing then really.

I'm not sure about this Acerbi chappie, who we've seemingly upped the bid to £12.2m for. He doesn't look that kind of money special to me.

Bargain price.

He will ensure safety for West Ham (which he could have for us) £8m well spent imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669