Muzzy at GTFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAGGMARINER

Everyone is going on about the Rooney goal v Man C. Ye it was good but nowhere near the goal Muzzy Isset scored against us 'Grimsby Town' in 2002. I cant remember who put in a bullet of a cross but Isset's overhead almost bust the net and he was MOTM that day.
Dont know if any of you lads remember it but for me its in my top three goals Ive seen at Blundell Park.
Good luck for the rest of the season
Up the Mariners.

Fantastic goal, and with all the comparisons I've seen being dug out this week I've not seen his once.

Anyway, Rooney bloody shinned it, therefore he is no better than Claridge.

Here you go ... Enjoy :)

[YOUTUBE]sYHJZoqvAmk[/YOUTUBE]

it was such a good connection that Muzzy made that even the camera man lost sight of the ball for a moment.

better than Rooney's definitely.

sing when you're fishing!

We were there to see that goal, if I remember rightly it was scored on the same day/weekend that Shearer scored a volley outside of the box for Newcastle v Everton(?) and therefore totally overlooked!!! SSN annoys me because they, along with other media, think that football starts and ends with the PL :mad:

SSN annoys me because they, along with other media, think that football starts and ends with the PL :mad:

Mike Summerbee would tell you it's not even all of the Premier League.

Remember Muzzy's goal so well as it's one of my favourite moments of watching City of all time. I was there with my son, who wasn't that old at the time, and we were sitting right in line with where he collapsed on the turf in jubilation.

Muzzy Izzet's was much better than Rooney's, further out too, but the best one of all time probably has to be the infamous Trevor Sinclair one. Think it was for QPR...

I was there and it was an incredible moment. From memory, Super Frank had been sent off for dissent earlier in the game and we looked in serious danger of being turned over (this could all be made up in my memory!).

Muzzy - everything that is right in football.

I don't get to many City games but I was there that day, right behind the goal.

A magical footballing moment followed by loads of us jumping up and down having seen one of the greatest goals in ages.

Wonderfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00