N Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the same as going to a Gig,some prefer to sit or stand at that back whilst others want to get down at the front in the moshpit....I'm usually found at the front at The Brotherhood of a Man's gigs but prefer to sit for Joe Longthorne.As long as you don't spoil anyone elses enjoyment then just get on with it

All this preaching by artificially elevated fans with a superiority complex that have put themselves on a pedestal is nothing short of laughable

Its the same as going to a Gig,some prefer to sit or stand at that back whilst others want to get down at the front in the moshpit....I'm usually found at the front at The Brotherhood of a Man's gigs but prefer to sit for Joe Longthorne.As long as you don't spoil anyone elses enjoyment then just get on with it

Exactly! :icon_lol:
Why don't we just let those that want to, try this idea and then discuss it after the event.

Yes, but the difference is that you are allowed to stand at a gig. At a football mach in this division you're not and as such sanctions can be taken against the club which will impact directly on the fans.

Yes, but the difference is that you are allowed to stand at a gig. At a football mach in this division you're not and as such sanctions can be taken against the club which will impact directly on the fans.

They stand at Cardiff don't they ?

Last edited:
that has nothing to do with us the club have said we can stand as long as some sitting takes place thats all we have to worry about

It has nothing to do with the club, it's to do with the independant S.A.G. They see this situation, they wont be happy. The club stewards will soon tell everyone to sit down when a fine or potential money through away allocations is reduced.

The club have issued something saying 'as long as they some seating'. Don't think one of the major attractions about N Block will be the 'standing'. Everyone will go in there with the intention of standing up, so everyone's standing up. What are fans and the stewards going to do? 'Oi, you sit down. You sit down but you can stand up'because there has to be someone sitting down. It won't work. You have one or the other. If standing persists it will be taken out of city's hands and any immediate threat meaning a loss of money will soon get city changing their minds.

What about if you get a young lad 15/16 stuck behind a 6ft 2 bloke. The bloke is standing up and for the lad to see the game he has to stand on a seat creating a very dangerous situation with 'flares, banners, firecrackers, flags' going on all round.

The only way it would work is if English stadiums switched to the German safe standing system. The probelm is most modern day all-seater are built too steep for this situation and the S & H boffins would have a field day. They could put a step between every existing step but then the steps would be too short and 'terrace rush' would be a safety hazard.

for ****s sake, L1 have been standing since the opening of the sodding stadium. there is no difference here.

melton, i struggle to see how a group of fans who really want to get behind the team and improve their day out (which they pay good money for) is laughable. i personally think people slagginf the idea off and doing nothing is laughable.

your happy to eat your beef cobs and drink boveril and have a nice chat, thats great but doesnt put you in a possition to decide if the way other people want to act is acceptable.

Fine you dont want to be involved so dont involve yourself in any way.

They stand at Cardiff don't they ?

Dont allow it after this season however. You have something like 2 or 3 yrs t sort it out. The same happened with Fulham and Preston. Fulham had to move to Loftus Rd to redue their stadium and Preston now have a stand closed off. Colchester and Southend are the same boat and are currently chasing the building of new stadiums.

Cardiff will have to provide seating or the stand faces closure. They maybe given grace because they're actively involved in building a new stadium and the FL might side with them with there being little point in creating seating.

they stood for first twenty mins at old stratford last night and also stood up every time england came forward (not that much) but it was a right pain i was up and down like homers fat ginger ass in a gay brothel

for ****s sake, L1 have been standing since the opening of the sodding stadium. there is no difference here.

melton, i struggle to see how a group of fans who really want to get behind the team and improve their day out (which they pay good money for) is laughable. i personally think people slagginf the idea off and doing nothing is laughable.

your happy to eat your beef cobs and drink boveril and have a nice chat, thats great but doesnt put you in a possition to decide if the way other people want to act is acceptable.

:038: :038: :038:

Dont allow it after this season however. You have something like 2 or 3 yrs t sort it out. The same happened with Fulham and Preston. Fulham had to move to Loftus Rd to redue their stadium and Preston now have a stand closed off. Colchester and Southend are the same boat and are currently chasing the building of new stadiums.

Cardiff will have to provide seating or the stand faces closure. They maybe given grace because they're actively involved in building a new stadium and the FL might side with them with there being little point in creating seating.

do you think cardiff fans will sit down like good little boys at there new stadium?

lako he doesnt really care .he just likes disagreeing with people for the hell of it.

I don't think anyone is criticising. More pointing out the perils of this idea which needs more thinking towards it. L1 has about 10 rows of 8, standing which are under strict supervision. A lot more easy to crowd manage 80 as opposed to 800-900. Havent the club refused to allow these characters to renew their season tickets?!?

There is often standing at the top of a stadium in any ground. The top row of the Kop stands up. I used to stand at the top of the corner in the supporters corner at Filbo and we built up an understanding with the steward that as long as no silly business went on we were allowed. I suppose the L1 standers have done the same thing but I cant see 800-900 fans building up a understanding to give grace.

If you read my posts you'll realize I'm fed up with the whole "I'm a better fan than you" mentality.

As far as this scheme goes, you'll also find by reading my posts that I think it's a good idea but a shame it has to be so contrived. My only critcism is the drum.

But if you'd rather come up with your own conclusions as to my opinion, please feel free to do so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47