Neville Foulger

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
....the last real Leicester fan was Geoff Peters ...wrote the MON biography as well I recall....

And flogged it around on a certain internet forum to the constant chagrin of one who has now made a new home here.

spionfox

And flogged it around on a certain internet forum to the constant chagrin of one who has now made a new home here.

and don't forget the constant eBay sales that he advertised :)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

White Peak Fox

What about a return for Matthew Kenyon? Surely anything is better than Barber...oh no, wait a minute, his knowledge of football could have been written on back of a matchbox as well!

Macky

Gruntled Member
Not sure about Nev Foulger though....we need one of our own....the last real Leicester fan was Geoff Peters...I thought he was streets ahead of Barber in commentary style and delivery ...decent bloke as well....used to buy his 12' singles and club tunes from a mate in Rothwell...wrote the MON biography as well I recall....

Barber though is doing my head in...I've had enough of his inane ramblings....his technicolour commentaries with references to crisp bags and the like swirling across the pitch while we struggle to comprehend what's happening with the ball are more than just irritating....

...plus Barber has been pissing off the not-so-unflappable Holloway recently, particularly after the Watford game....timing is everything....get the petition started....here.....now!!

What's going on...stockholm fox...why all the...ellipses?
Have you turned...into....foxin_oz?

ashmeister08

oh come on the barber and piper team is legendary cheers me right up when we're losing dont fire them yet though im sure i could do a better job:102:

stockholm fox

What's going on...stockholm fox...why all the...ellipses?
Have you turned...into....foxin_oz?

I lapse into an occasional ellipse sometimes...more for emphasis of pause than omission, or sometimes to indicate the trailing off of a thought....

But thanks for pointing out the blatant over-ellipsication in the previous post Macky, it's a nasty grammatical habit.

Coincidentally, I'd just been skyping my brotherin_Oz who apparently had been relaxing, late evening,with some of the Gold Coast's better homegrown.

Maybe it's something in the air out there...maybe it's catching....

Macky

Gruntled Member
Coincidentally, I'd just been skyping my brotherin_Oz who apparently had been relaxing, late evening,with some of the Gold Coast's better homegrown.

That reminds me... nope... it's gone again... erm...shoes...laptop bag... Wednesday ... no ... coathanger ... errrrrm ... ah f*ck it...skin up

stockholm fox

This is him

They must have been the really extra long versions, most people were happy with 12" singles.

Yea, that's him. I believe he has done a fair bit of commentating for Talk Sport since he left RL.

Thanks for pointing out the unecessarily long remix of " Jeff. It is also reflected in my abundant use of ellipses as pointed out by Macky....

Last edited:

White Peak Fox

Is Barber definitely a Derby fan? I've heard it mentioned and read it on here a few times, just wondered if anyone knew for sure. One of his more annoying traits for me is the way he harps on ad infinitum when the F*&%4t go 1-0 down and he uses this as an excuse to 'cheer up the listeners' - listen Barber, I don't care what's going on at the Trees, I'm a Leicester fan! Or is this his subtle(not) way of hiding the fact that he supports the sheep.....

Sod it, Walshy and Piper, the dream ticket! Just think of the incisive comments and accuracy of analysis that would bring.....

fox58

Foulger is a Cov fan used to cover their games before he came to RL

Last edited:

consty

Foulger is a Coventry fan - he's put it on record in one of the local sporting Saturday papers (or in the Mercury) a few years ago.

Geoff Peters was streets ahead of Barber. I think we deserve better than what we're getting. Barber is better than Piper and Walsh I think it is fair to say but I would just want something better than all three of them. Perhaps Barber can improve. He does seem to get genuinely excited when Leicester do well and disappointed when they don't, but I agree he's not quite at the standard we would like at the moment. I think the people you have around you as co-commentators have a bearing and having Walsh and Piper drag him and the overall standard down considerably I feel. I would start with dispensing with mssrs Walsh & Piper for someone better and see if he improves. He is aware of the criticism - I've heard him on radio refer to the message boards. But he should certainly aim to do better in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669